Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 97 of 111
« First < 4787959697 9899107 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
newcigarz 03:36 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
My Father In-Law stopped in to grab us 4 bottles but said the place was an absolute mad house. Did they have any left over at the 7:30pm mark for a no limit buy? We didn't even get to taste one :-)
They had some left at 7:30 for up to a case a person purchase. We were in line but they ran out before we got any more. This is the first time they completely sold out. Over 5,000 people showed up for the event.
[Reply]
Hem 05:30 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
They had some left at 7:30 for up to a case a person purchase. We were in line but they ran out before we got any more. This is the first time they completely sold out. Over 5,000 people showed up for the event.
That's a shame...he was there at around 1 and the employees at the front were saying they were out of wristbands for the Hunahpu :-)

Next year I'll be there bright and early with a cooler and a lawn chair :-)
[Reply]
cort 06:14 PM 03-15-2012
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:17 PM 03-15-2012
Sculpin :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:46 PM 03-16-2012
Drove around town today before work, during lunch and after work for KBS. Stopped at 6 places and scored bottles at 4 of them. Only one sold it in 4 packs rest were single bottles.

I haven't heard many good things about the 2012 yet. I want to kick my allergies I got right now before I crack a bottle. I had it fresh at KBS Day at Founder but it took the back seat to Bourbon Barrel Sumatra Brown another beer that was on tap that day. I personally think 2010 was the last year that KBS was great.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:20 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Drove around town today before work, during lunch and after work for KBS. Stopped at 6 places and scored bottles at 4 of them. Only one sold it in 4 packs rest were single bottles.

I haven't heard many good things about the 2012 yet. I want to kick my allergies I got right now before I crack a bottle. I had it fresh at KBS Day at Founder but it took the back seat to Bourbon Barrel Sumatra Brown another beer that was on tap that day. I personally think 2010 was the last year that KBS was great.
I scored a whopping 2 bottles. One other place had another bottle for sale but they wanted $8.99 for one 12oz bottle, I decided to pass.
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:01 PM 03-16-2012
It's never been this crazy around here for KBS. I think the beer world has exploded in the last year and a half based on how hard it has gotten to get certain beers.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:06 PM 03-16-2012
It's never been this crazy around here for KBS. I think the beer world has exploded in the last year and a half based on how hard it has gotten to get certain beers.
That and Founder's has gone into multiple new markets without expanding production, though I hear they are supposed to be remedying that soon
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:10 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
That and Founder's has gone into multiple new markets without expanding production, though I hear they are supposed to be remedying that soon
They will triple the amount of KBS made next year compared to this year.

Same with Goose Island which has increased their distribution to the point were stores around here never see any of the hard to find stuff anymore.
[Reply]
W.B. 09:21 PM 03-16-2012

Same with Goose Island which has increased their distribution to the point were stores around here never see any of the hard to find stuff anymore.
This drove me nuts! The big Bud boys buys GI and forget all about the locals who helped make them what they'd become. Very disappointing.:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:34 PM 03-16-2012
They will triple the amount of KBS made next year compared to this year.

Growing pains can be just that, all in all I am glad for the craft boom. Even the redneck bars now have at least a local beer on tap or something like Fat Tire. I understand that Fat Tire is nothing to flip out about but its a solid choice over the BMC dominance of years past
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:40 PM 03-16-2012
Very true Albert!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:44 PM 03-16-2012
I also like the fact I can get your locals better than you locals can :-)
[Reply]
W.B. 10:20 PM 03-16-2012
Growing pains can be just that, all in all I am glad for the craft boom. Even the redneck bars now have at least a local beer on tap or something like Fat Tire. I understand that Fat Tire is nothing to flip out about but its a solid choice over the BMC dominance of years past
Oh sure, you expect good reasoning to squash the beginning of a perfectly fine silly grudge toward big Bud's latest acquisition. Probably will, nicely stated.

I also like the fact I can get your locals better than you locals can :-)

LOL, nice one.
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:27 PM 03-17-2012
So happy to get this.

[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:48 PM 03-17-2012
That sounds interesting.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:14 PM 03-17-2012
Enjoying some Founders Breakfast Stout. Scored 3 4- packs
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Hem 08:27 PM 03-17-2012
Picked these up today! Tried to keep it local while I'm out here...cept for that 3 Floyds/Brew Dog combo..looked too good to pass up!

[Reply]
pnoon 08:30 PM 03-17-2012
Excellent choices.
The 3 CA beers are some of my favorites. Wish I could get 3 Floyds out here in San Diego.
[Reply]
Hem 08:36 PM 03-17-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Excellent choices.
The 3 CA beers are some of my favorites. Wish I could get 3 Floyds out here in San Diego.
Good to hear! I was worried they wouldn't be as good as I'd hoped but now you've got me excited! We can't pick up 3 Floyds in FL either so as soon as I saw that bottle I grabbed it...may be my only chance to snag one :-)
[Reply]
Page 97 of 111
« First < 4787959697 9899107 > Last »
Up