Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 97 of 225
« First < 4787959697 9899107147197 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 09:18 PM 05-09-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:25 AM 05-10-2011
Good game without Votto last night. Our offense looked good, and pitching looked great!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:21 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I don't want to get rid of Stubbs, Lecure, or Leake. Bailey, Cozart, Willis, and Francisco would be great for this. Leave Alonzo and Mesarasco alone in the minors. They are going to be needed in the future (at least Mesarasco).
Your package makes just a much sense, but I like Francisco more than Stubbs. If you keep Stubbs and get Reyes, where does Stubbs go? The 8 spot? Bat him ninth when a good hitting pitcher is in the game (ala LaRussa). He isn't a very good leadoff hitter and his defense is meh. He has missed getting to plenty of fly balls despite having the speed to get to them. Why not upgrade your offense and find a role player in the outfield? They have to have bats, not defense, as evidence by last years playoffs. :-)

I am still slightly surprised that Leake didn't get his suspension for stealing t-shirts. Maybe the diversion program saved him 5 game checks he can use to buy American Rag t-shirts. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:08 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Your package makes just a much sense, but I like Francisco more than Stubbs. If you keep Stubbs and get Reyes, where does Stubbs go? The 8 spot? Bat him ninth when a good hitting pitcher is in the game (ala LaRussa). He isn't a very good leadoff hitter and his defense is meh. He has missed getting to plenty of fly balls despite having the speed to get to them. Why not upgrade your offense and find a role player in the outfield? They have to have bats, not defense, as evidence by last years playoffs. :-)

I am still slightly surprised that Leake didn't get his suspension for stealing t-shirts. Maybe the diversion program saved him 5 game checks he can use to buy American Rag t-shirts. :-)
But who would replace Stubbs w/o purchasing a new CF? I'm not that big on anyone in the organization moving to CF. We have a lot of OF, but none that are capable of moving to center. A farm system full of left fielders.:-) I like Bruce in right, but moving him to center could be a disaster.

I'm still thinking Stubbs can be great, he just needs more time. I know we keep saying this about a lot of people on the team, but he's only been here for a year. People are still saying that about Bailey, but if it were up to me, his time would have been up last year or before. Maybe he could benefit from a new team.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:53 PM 05-10-2011
But who would replace Stubbs w/o purchasing a new CF? I'm not that big on anyone in the organization moving to CF. We have a lot of OF, but none that are capable of moving to center. A farm system full of left fielders.:-) I like Bruce in right, but moving him to center could be a disaster.

I'm still thinking Stubbs can be great, he just needs more time. I know we keep saying this about a lot of people on the team, but he's only been here for a year. People are still saying that about Bailey, but if it were up to me, his time would have been up last year or before. Maybe he could benefit from a new team.
Maybe go back and undo that trade that sent Hamilton packing for Volquez. :-)

Stubbs likely won't ever be great. He has had more than enough time to adapt to the big show and still can't seem to not strikeout at least once a game. He is like Adam Dunn minus the power. The problem is they are all annointed before they get here and fans are expecting greatness, and homers like Dan can't stop thinking they are great, despite the results saying otherwise. Heck most fans even liked the Hamilton trade because we had Stubbs, how'd that one work out? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:16 PM 05-10-2011
Nice 2 run HR by Bruce :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:20 PM 05-10-2011
Maybe go back and undo that trade that sent Hamilton packing for Volquez. :-)
I wish.:-)

I'm sick of hearing about that trade. People still crying about it. I hate it to, but hindsight is 20/20. It's too late now.

There's still some hope for Bruce b/c he's younger, but Stubbs is what, 26yrs old? If he's not performing by the end of the year, then I say get him out.

First let's worry about getting rid of Gomes.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:37 PM 05-10-2011
We look like the 1927 Yankees or the 76-77 Big Red Machine up against these clowns.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:50 PM 05-10-2011
We look like the 1927 Yankees or the 76-77 Big Red Machine up against these clowns.
I spoke too soon. Chapman can't locate the ball tonight. I think it's time he got sent back down to work on his mechanics.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:10 PM 05-10-2011
Yeah, send Chapman back down. Dude hit a guy in the back leg, and then almost threw it to the umpire :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:11 PM 05-10-2011
We are about to get killed over the next month and a half:
Originally Posted by :
Reds schedule from May 13th to the end of July very tough.Their next road trip: Cleveland 3, Phillies 4, Braves 3.Back home for 3 series then hit the road Giants 4 and Dodgers 3. Back Home BJs 3 Yankees 3. Road O's 3 Rays 3. Back home Indians 3 Road Cards 3 Brewers 4.After the Break another series with the Cards, Braves, and Giants.

[Reply]
elderboy02 09:35 PM 05-10-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:28 AM 05-11-2011
I wish.:-)

I'm sick of hearing about that trade. People still crying about it. I hate it to, but hindsight is 20/20. It's too late now.

There's still some hope for Bruce b/c he's younger, but Stubbs is what, 26yrs old? If he's not performing by the end of the year, then I say get him out.

First let's worry about getting rid of Gomes.:-)
I'm not crying about it, but where is the foresight to see that Hamilton was and still is a great player? I would much rather watch two guys on the same team competing for the MVP each year than watching Stubbs strikeout 3 times in one game when I go to the ballpark. I guess, you win some, you lose some. :-)

Bruce could be a good player, still not selective enough, he is an all or nothing player at the plate. Stubbs just loves watching 3rd strikes and looks foolish a lot. Gomes could definitely stand to get released and find a suitable replacement, he is even a liability in the field and makes easy catches look tough (see: Jeter). :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:31 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Yeah, send Chapman back down. Dude hit a guy in the back leg, and then almost threw it to the umpire :-)
Holy Crap! Dan is actually criticizing a player on the Reds and his fantasy baseball team. :-)

That guy hasn't had control. Ever. He just throws 100+ and everyone is mezmerized by it. Watched him at a home game a week ago and everyone just kept screaming, "Throw it 105". 100+ is just another pitch if no one swings at it when it is 2 feet outside the strike zone. His scouting report for opposing batters probably says, "DON'T SWING, can't hit the strike zone!" :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:57 AM 05-11-2011
I'm not crying about it.
Gomes could definitely stand to get released and find a suitable replacement, he is even a liability in the field and makes easy catches look tough (see: Jeter). :-)
I wasn't insinuating that you were crying about it.:-) I'm talking about Reds fans as a whole.

Like that catch by Gomes last night? Looked like a spectacular gymnastic feat just to catch a routine fly ball.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:04 AM 05-11-2011

Like that catch by Gomes last night? Looked like a spectacular gymnastic feat just to catch a routine fly ball.:-)
He does that a lot, last game I went to he made a high fly ball look like a diving catch at the warning track because he got turned around twice and had to stab at it. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:05 PM 05-11-2011
Listened to the Leake earning his trip to Louisville on the radio whilst on the way to pick up my wife. I heard the Macy's down there haven't banned him from their stores yet. :-)

And to top it off, they kept saying the final score was 3-2. Over and over and over, minimum 25 times. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:16 PM 05-11-2011
Listened to the Leake earning his trip to Louisville on the radio whilst on the way to pick up my wife. I heard the Macy's down there haven't banned him from their stores yet. :-)

And to top it off, they kept saying the final score was 3-2. Over and over and over, minimum 25 times. :-)
He'll STEAL his way back into the rotation soon enough.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:41 AM 05-13-2011
Be prepared to get stomped this weekend...:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:08 AM 05-13-2011
Be prepared to get stomped this weekend...:-)
I don't think so. Now, lets wait for Adam's s**tty response saying that I am a homer....
[Reply]
Page 97 of 225
« First < 4787959697 9899107147197 > Last »
Up