Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 97 of 350
« First < 4787959697 9899107147197 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
King James 08:42 AM 05-19-2009
Had a productive upper body day yesterday. Legs today but probably won't go too hard as I have practice tomorrow.
PeteSB75 11:34 AM 05-19-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Had a productive upper body day yesterday. Legs today but probably won't go too hard as I have practice tomorrow.
Crank it out. :-)
icehog3 03:01 PM 05-19-2009
Shoulders are really sore lately, having an effect on my bench....too much pain to go balls out. Think I might need to get some anti-inflammatories from my doc.
markem 04:01 PM 05-19-2009
Has anyone heard from Gerry lately? Could he be in hiding?

http://www.katu.com/news/weird/45430252.html

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Chris. 08:50 PM 05-19-2009
just a short workout while I was at work today. Did 3 sets of 10 on the flat bench 115, 135, 135. 3 sets of 20 hammer curls with 35lb dumbbells. 3 sets of 20 bar bell shrugs with 115lbs. 3 sets of 8 power cleans with 115. These things are VICIOUS!

Then some ab exercises. Something similar to the air bike but holding your legs still and raising your upper body up to form a v shape and holding a 12 pound dumbbell, twisting it side to side while holing my legs in the air. vertical leg raises, never letting the feet touch the floor, and the long arm sit up holding a 15 pound dumbbell straight out as the last exercise. 2 sets of 20-25 each. I was definitely feeling good after that workout though. knocked all this out in about 30 minutes right before it was time to clock out. :-)
The Professor 08:59 AM 05-20-2009
Monday was chest, which felt weak. Taking the 2 weeks off and not eating or supplementing right definitely impacted my bench. :-)

Yesterday was "off" ... so just cardio, pull-down abs, bis, and tris. Today was triplex push-pull from the hanging position, pull-down abs, some bis curls, and face-pulls for my rear delts. Nothing really significant to report ... still getting back into the groove.

The one funny thing about today, though, happened with my first rep of my first set on the triplex. I guess I put a little too much into it b/c I pulled that 135lb right *into* my chin, which caught my tongue between by teeth and made me bleed for the next 10 minutes. :-) :-) :-)

Good lifting to y'all today! :-)
DavenportESQ 09:07 AM 05-20-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Monday was chest, which felt weak. Taking the 2 weeks off and not eating or supplementing right definitely impacted my bench. :-)

Yesterday was "off" ... so just cardio, pull-down abs, bis, and tris. Today was triplex push-pull from the hanging position, pull-down abs, some bis curls, and face-pulls for my rear delts. Nothing really significant to report ... still getting back into the groove.

The one funny thing about today, though, happened with my first rep of my first set on the triplex. I guess I put a little too much into it b/c I pulled that 135lb right *into* my chin, which caught my tongue between by teeth and made me bleed for the next 10 minutes. :-) :-) :-)

Good lifting to y'all today! :-)
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
The Professor 09:40 AM 05-20-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
:-):-):-)
icehog3 01:23 PM 05-20-2009
Went balliistic on back today.....T-Bar rows, Dumbbell Rows, Barbell Rows, Pull-ups, Cable Rows.....still pumped 3 hours later.
elderboy02 06:57 PM 05-20-2009
Last week I decided that I need to start working out. Luckily, my employer is a physical therapy company. I can use their equipment for free. So, last week and this week I have been working out after work. I did mostly cardio last week. I am doing 20 minutes on the elliptical. My boss wrote up an exercise regiment for me to follow. I am doing cardio 3x/week and strengthening 2x/week.

Hopefully positive results will come about :-)
icehog3 07:38 PM 05-20-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Last week I decided that I need to start working out. Luckily, my employer is a physical therapy company. I can use their equipment for free. So, last week and this week I have been working out after work. I did mostly cardio last week. I am doing 20 minutes on the elliptical. My boss wrote up an exercise regiment for me to follow. I am doing cardio 3x/week and strengthening 2x/week.

Kudos for taking Step 1! :-)
PeteSB75 07:15 AM 05-21-2009
Felt off this morning. Just was not finding the groove on the upper/full body stuff. Squats were fine, but bench was off and power cleans were hard as hell. Hoping Saturday works better, but this was very frustrating. I moved tying PR weights, but reps were not there. Anyway, work sets:

Squat
265x5
275x5
285x5 New PR

Bench
185x4,3,2

Power Clean
145x5 2 sets - wanted three and was just wasted by the end of the second.
PeteSB75 07:16 AM 05-21-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:

Once you get into a rhythm, it gets much easier. Good luck, and I hope you stick to it.
The Professor 07:50 AM 05-21-2009
Interesting, Pete. I felt "off" today, too. :-) I think it's my allergies and all the flying and driving I've done in the past couple of weeks ... combined with coming back full-force after taking 2 weeks off.

Today was squat day and it really just wasn't good. I was doing box squats -- 225 x 5 for 3 sets at parallel. Removed the step I had under the box and a little weight and did 185 x 3 below parallel. My lower back was hurting a bit from the get-go (all the traveling *kills* my lower back). By the end of all those sets, the pump in my spinal erectors was just too much. I thought some leg presses would make me feel better (usually does because it stretches my lower back at the bottom); but it didn't and my right hammy was hurting. All this on top of a general run-down feeling from staying up too late with guests and being ravaged by allergies. :-)

Anyway ... I'll get in to see the witch doctor and tomorrow's an "off" day; so I should be feeling better by this weekend. :-)

Lift well today, folks. :-)
King James 08:17 AM 05-21-2009
Shoulders and some back today....a little sore from practice yesterday but should be ready to rock n roll by this afternoon
PeteSB75 09:48 AM 05-21-2009
Yeah, taking that much time off, with travelling would kill me too. Taking a week off is fine, but two is too much for me. Add allergies into the mix and I would be in sad shape.
BigFrank 10:51 AM 05-22-2009
Skipped outta work early, bout to hit some squats today. PeteSB bugged me in another thread going to try to keep my posting up. Been lil busy that is all. As far as the meet goes, I'm pushing it back until September. The meet in august was only a Push/Pull. The meet in Sept. is a full meet, plus few guys I know will be going, making traveling and prep very easy. So sept. it is for now.

On a side note, I have been messing around well rather using a new diet. Post some more details on it later, but we will just say weight is 247lbs at the moment. Much higher than I wanted.
BigFrank 03:27 PM 05-22-2009
Got home a little while ago. Ordering some pizza.
Squats- 545x3
Random Assistance work
Abs
Everything felt heavy today, also had a lot of issues with bar placement. I think I am going to start squatting at the gym with the monolift only. Was nasty walking the weight out. I have been messing around a lot with my bar placement and foot placement. I am not sure which setup suits me the best.
PeteSB75 11:22 AM 05-24-2009
Rough day yesterday with the presses. I was just not feeling them. Squats and deads were good though. Felt like my grip strength was better than last time.

Squat
275x5
285x5
290x5 New PR

Press
125x5
125x3
120x5

Dead
225x5
255x5 Tie PR

Spin class this morning, Then some whole wheat pancakes.
DavenportESQ 11:56 AM 05-26-2009
Did the Crossfit WOD - pull ups

30 push ups
40 sit ups
50 squats.

3 minutes rest repeatx5
Page 97 of 350
« First < 4787959697 9899107147197 > Last »
Up