Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 97 of 195
« First < 4787959697 9899107147 > Last »
Discussion>Whats in your bowl?
Weelok 01:19 AM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
After a hard day in the field and driving around LA to meet some of its finest citizens, I packed my bowl with some My Coffee blend from Racine & Laramie Tobacco shop located in Old Town San Diego. I'd picked up a 2oz sample while visiting there last weekend.

Not a bad smoke:-)

That's one of the coolest tobacco shops I've been to. I make a point to drop in whenever I'm in San Diego.
[Reply]
physiognomy 12:33 AM 08-16-2012
Heinrichs Special Curly in a new (to me) Castello Old Antiquari... This is my first Castello & I have to say that I'm a fan. The pipe smokes really well with a nice, open draw. I'm still trying to decide what type of tobacco it will smoke regularly.

Image Image
[Reply]
mk05 05:11 AM 08-16-2012
i gotta smoke more!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:25 PM 08-19-2012
Anniversary Kake in my Savinelli churchwarden

first bowl in a long time... didn't disappoint
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:48 PM 08-19-2012
Originally Posted by Weelok:
That's one of the coolest tobacco shops I've been to. I make a point to drop in whenever I'm in San Diego.
...:-)

Originally Posted by RX2010:
Anniversary Kake in my Savinelli churchwarden

first bowl in a long time... didn't disappoint
...great to see you back Tim:-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:48 PM 08-19-2012
thanks man, been too long
[Reply]
physiognomy 10:55 PM 08-20-2012
Maltese Falcon in a little Tsuge brandy tonight... I pulled a few bowls worth & cellared the rest with the hope that the blend marries & looses its rough edges in a few years.
[Reply]
physiognomy 05:44 PM 08-28-2012
McC Wilderness in a Iwan Ries stamped natural finish Savinelli. I think I might have found a new favorite latakia blend. Smooth, sweet, balanced & coats the mouth with flavor (almost creamy sensation).
[Reply]
BamBam 05:47 PM 08-28-2012
After a long day....some nice Dunhill Nightcap in my Jake Hackert pipe. All is well with the world.
[Reply]
physiognomy 07:20 PM 08-30-2012
3 Oaks Syrian in a Castello Old Antiquari #33 tonight... These tins came in yesterday & I was pretty excited to light up a bowl. I'm noticing more sweet VAs here compared to the McC Wilderness I tried a couple nights ago. More sampling required before I pick a favorite.

[Reply]
Steve 09:03 PM 09-01-2012
Newminister Black Danish my tabacconist gave me for my new Wiley. Tasty!
[Reply]
hammondc 09:19 PM 09-01-2012
I need to smoke my pipe more often.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:48 AM 09-02-2012
Proper English in a MM Legend :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:45 AM 09-10-2012
Some C&D #126 Old Joe Krantz in my oversized Kaywoodie. Rec'vd a 2oz tin from Cliff (SvilleKid) last week and this is some mighty tasty *hit:-):-)

[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:28 AM 09-12-2012
Hey guys. Needed to take a bit of a break from cigars. Even morning sticks were starting to feel harsh to me.

So I decided to noodle around with a pipe and see how I liked it. I picked up an array of stuff from my local spot, and the woman recommended Dunhill 965, and a "London Blend" I think (don't have it in front of me.)

I also ordered two 3-tin samplers just to get out there a bit. But they're all really fruity to the nose. Haven't smoked them yet.

So far, I have to say the 965 is pretty nice. I'm hunting for something a little bit more...rich and perhaps spicy. (Trying to stay away from "peppery" as much as possible.)

I'll try the fruity ones over the next week or two (though I have to imagine they're going to flavor my pipe undesirably. Perhaps I should sample them in a little corncob? Thoughts?)

Accepting any and all recommendations.

I noticed that smoking a couple bowls a day really burns out my tongue. The geometry of the tip just concentrates the smoke down unless I let the pipe hang out of my mouth. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't pick up a Petersen or a chuchwarden or something.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:00 PM 09-13-2012
Yesterday morning: H&H Louisiana Red

This morning: Senator blend from Racine & Laramie in Old Town San Diego, CA:-)

Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Hey guys. Needed to take a bit of a break from cigars. Even morning sticks were starting to feel harsh to me.

So I decided to noodle around with a pipe and see how I liked it. I picked up an array of stuff from my local spot, and the woman recommended Dunhill 965, and a "London Blend" I think (don't have it in front of me.)

I also ordered two 3-tin samplers just to get out there a bit. But they're all really fruity to the nose. Haven't smoked them yet.

So far, I have to say the 965 is pretty nice. I'm hunting for something a little bit more...rich and perhaps spicy. (Trying to stay away from "peppery" as much as possible.)

I'll try the fruity ones over the next week or two (though I have to imagine they're going to flavor my pipe undesirably. Perhaps I should sample them in a little corncob? Thoughts?)

Accepting any and all recommendations.

I noticed that smoking a couple bowls a day really burns out my tongue. The geometry of the tip just concentrates the smoke down unless I let the pipe hang out of my mouth. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't pick up a Petersen or a chuchwarden or something.
You could try out the following from www.pipesandcigars.com

Hearth & Home (aka H&H) Virginia Spice from their bulk tobacco area...
[Reply]
Steve 06:50 PM 09-15-2012
A little Black Danish
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:50 AM 09-17-2012
C&D' #420 Habana Daydream along with a cup of Cafe Bustelo this morning:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:22 AM 09-21-2012
Some GL Pease Robusto packed into the oversized Kaywoodie. Good stuff:-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:12 PM 09-22-2012
I've really been enjoying Cavendish lately...Black Dundee from my local B&M
[Reply]
Page 97 of 195
« First < 4787959697 9899107147 > Last »
Up