Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 96 of 159
« First < 4686949596 9798106146 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you reading?
Apoco 09:14 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Aaaand finished up Xenocide (third book in the series). Moving on to Children of the Mind

EDIT: actually - the reviews are horrific...maybe I won't...i'm so torn. Seeing things like "the fourth book in a trilogy" scares me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Forget it - down with the haters. Gonna continue the series and move onto Children of the Mind! This series is fantastic so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:01 AM 04-27-2012
Forget it - down with the haters. Gonna continue the series and move onto Children of the Mind! This series is fantastic so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

It may not be Card's best book, but it's worth reading.
[Reply]
markem 11:02 AM 04-27-2012
Reading Pratchett's "Small Gods".
[Reply]
tsolomon 11:16 AM 04-27-2012
Re-reading Jack Chalker's Well World series, just started book 3, Quest for the Well of Souls. Found a website that had them as ebooks, Baen Ebooks. They carry a lot of the old SciFi books that you can't find on Amazon.
[Reply]
blugill 03:43 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by taltos:
I just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy. Excellent series but it was one of the most disturbing reads that I have had in some time.
It was pretty good! You could really tell that the love triangle angle was just to cater to the teenage girl demographic, it was actually a pretty violent series aimed at adults.
[Reply]
blugill 03:45 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
Re-reading Jack Chalker's Well World series, just started book 3, Quest for the Well of Souls. Found a website that had them as ebooks, Baen Ebooks. They carry a lot of the old SciFi books that you can't find on Amazon.
Baen is a pretty good company and ebook friendly!
I like a lot of their stuff!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:16 PM 04-29-2012
Just finished: Curbchek
[Reply]
rebelknight 10:07 PM 05-01-2012
Abuse of power
[Reply]
hotreds 07:47 AM 05-02-2012
The Fight of Our Lives: Knowing the Enemy, Speaking the Truth, and Choosing to Win the War Against Radical Islam by Wm. Bennett and Seth Leibsohn
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:30 PM 05-04-2012
Last Stop This Town

It was a great book.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:11 PM 05-04-2012
The Return of Tarzan. Haven't read it since like Jr. High.
[Reply]
forgop 06:02 AM 05-05-2012
Now that I'm done with school, it's time to read something enjoyable. I'm going to start The Civil War-A Narrative by Shelby Foote. I'll start with Fort Sumter to Perryville.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:04 PM 05-06-2012
Posted via Mobile Device
Just finished it up. While it was complex and confusing, it was still a great read.

There's several on my "to read" list. Not sure what I will tackle next.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Apoco 06:29 AM 05-07-2012
I'm going to tackle Old Man's War by John Scalzi. I seem to have a thing going for intergalactic warfare.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:44 PM 05-07-2012
The Stranger. Quite the unusual read.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:13 PM 05-07-2012
Starting The Drop by Michael Connelly tonight.

On an aside, got one of my 9 yo olds to read Down The Long Hills by Louis L'Amour.
[Reply]
RGD. 10:38 PM 05-07-2012
After reading "Run" by Blake Crouch I have moved onto more of his works. Recently I finished "Snowbound" and then "Desert Places". Ten minutes ago I just finish "Locked Doors" and read the intro to "Break You".

Desert Places, Locked Doors and Break You are a trilogy.

Seriously I have never been a fan of horror and thriller genre but all I can say is wow. This guy is seriously twisted. Every time you think you know what's coming next - you're wrong.

For those interested in his works I really recommend reading "Run" first.

His website is: http://www.blakecrouch.com/

Ron
[Reply]
Apoco 06:26 AM 05-09-2012
I'm going to tackle Old Man's War by John Scalzi. I seem to have a thing going for intergalactic warfare.
Posted via Mobile Device
This one was a quick read, but very good!

He states that he is very heavily influence by Robert Heinlein in the acknowledgement section. Gonna try to pick out one of his books and tackle it next :-)

EDIT: Starship Troopers seems to be the one that most people associate with Heinlein. Gonna start up on it.

This kindle is awesome. I've read more books in the last 4 months than I have read in the last 4 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
massphatness 07:28 AM 05-09-2012
A Dance with Dragons, the 5th book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:09 AM 05-09-2012
This one was a quick read, but very good!

He states that he is very heavily influence by Robert Heinlein in the acknowledgement section. Gonna try to pick out one of his books and tackle it next :-)

EDIT: Starship Troopers seems to be the one that most people associate with Heinlein. Gonna start up on it.

This kindle is awesome. I've read more books in the last 4 months than I have read in the last 4 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
There are many, many great Heinlein books. Too many to list but you can't go wrong with any of them.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 159
« First < 4686949596 9798106146 > Last »
Up