Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 93 of 350
« First < 4383919293 9495103143193 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 07:08 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Robotussin Max DM. Get some Tom it's the bomb shiggity. :-)
24 hour Walgreens on the way home, Frank. :-) :-)
Chris. 07:20 PM 04-29-2009
I did deads for the first time in forever today with my leg and back workout. For some reason My squat weight isnt very high. The best I got to today was 160 pounds on the bar for the 4th set. This is one of those power racks/smith machines by the way. I did deads with 115lbs at 4 sets of 10, after 4 sets of 10 good mornings with 75lbs. I wanted to do some hang cleans but I was beat by the time I wanted to do it. I also did an exercise where you put the bar on your back like a squat but you step up onto a flat bench. four sets of 15 for each leg with almost no rest between legs. Only had 75lbs on it for this as well. Could have gone higher, but I haven't done this in like 2 months so I wanted to make sure I was feeling pretty stable for them. I threw some leg presses in there with 4 pies on the 45* press 4 sets of 10 with some calf presses on each rep. Finished the day up with seated rows.

I attempted to do a light chest workout on the bench today, but I haven't recovered from the other day yet. I couldn't even press 135 8 times. Slightly disappointing.
Willygt 11:48 AM 04-30-2009
Well as Dokk said, I perform squats and leg presses both. I also look at them differently.

for the squats I am around 150lbs on free weight,
Stiff leg deadlifts are around 185lbs.
45 deg. leg press its 270lbs.

for bench presses, flat bench 165lbs. ; incline bench 140lbs.

and shoulder press I put 55lbs on each side on the smith machine (that would be 110lbs, since the bar doesnt count on that one?)

I have been lifting for almost a year more or less, the problem is that i havent been able to be constant because of work, or on the holiday months (december, january) so its been times I stop for almost a month or so, and feel like i have to start over again.

I am trying to keep up my routine to make real gains this time.
PeteSB75 03:01 PM 04-30-2009
Ok, so to take things in a bit more serious direction here, my work has just advised us that
Originally Posted by :
The New York gym will be closed for the duration of this alert. We realize this is an inconvenience to some of you but gym facilities are known for quicker transmission of germs.
Anyone planning to change workout patterns and/or stay home from the gym for a week or two? I'm debating sticking to jogging for a bit.
icehog3 03:02 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Ok, so to take things in a bit more serious direction here, my work has just advised us that Anyone planning to change workout patterns and/or stay home from the gym for a week or two? I'm debating sticking to jogging for a bit.
I am not planning any change to my routine, Pete. :-)
The Professor 03:06 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-)

I'm just making sure to use the sanitizing sprays and hand anti-bac stuff while I'm there.
PeteSB75 03:07 PM 04-30-2009
Yeah, my problem is that I am pretty close to the center of infection in the US. Working in midtown Manhattan and commuting every day on Metro North trains is more likely to expose me than the gym I think.
icehog3 03:08 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Yeah, my problem is that I am pretty close to the center of infection in the US. Working in midtown Manhattan and commuting every day on Metro North trains is more likely to expose me than the gym I think.
I'll bet that's true.
The Professor 03:13 PM 04-30-2009
I'll bet that's true.
Me too. Hell ... I'd be wearing a mask on the subways, fo' shizzle. :-)
Willygt 03:18 PM 04-30-2009
Here they are alerting to stop going to crowded places, some have closed also.

The gym I go to, is running, but I have a friend who goes to another one, a bigger one (like a national chain), and that one is closed until 6 of May.
icehog3 03:28 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Willygt:
Here they are alerting to stop going to crowded places, some have closed also.

The gym I go to, is running, but I have a friend who goes to another one, a bigger one (like a national chain), and that one is closed until 6 of May.
No Cinco de Mayo deadlifts? :-)
Chris. 04:11 PM 04-30-2009
I'll be lifting Corona from the table top on Cinco de Mayo!
Willygt 04:16 PM 04-30-2009
I will have 5 de Mayo deadlifts =P,

the only day closed at my gym is tomorrow (1st of May something like labor day on Mexico). So today is free day for me, maybe a trip to Rosarito to relax... :-)
The Professor 07:43 AM 05-01-2009
If intensity can be measured by how often you push yourself to the point of almost passing out or puking, then I had one helluva session today. :-)

Leg day. Focused on box squats really trying hard to sit back, pause, and push the floor apart. Warmed up with 135 x 8, 185 x 5, 225 x 5 (as well as some stiff-legged deads, leg press, and pul down abs). Working sets were 225 x 3 for 8 sets. The last set was, um, hard -- i.e., I just couldn't keep my body tight anymore.

Time to stop? HELL NO! :-)

Stiff-legged deads: 185 x 8 for 3 sets
Pull-throughs: 170 x 10 for 2 sets; 200 x 8 for 2 sets
Pull-down abs: 200 x 11, 10, 8, 7

Tried to do some light deadlifts as a cool down; but my body just didn't want to cooperate. LoL! Gonna take my protein, stretch, and go play some racquetball with DrMS.

Happy lifting to all!!! :-)
icehog3 10:15 AM 05-01-2009
Glad you had another good one, Dokk! :-)

I am going to take another day off, I feel better today so I wanna get one more day of the meds in me before I try to "kill" myself again. :-)
The Professor 10:29 AM 05-01-2009
Glad you had another good one, Dokk! :-)

I am going to take another day off, I feel better today so I wanna get one more day of the meds in me before I try to "kill" myself again. :-)

Probably a smart move, Admiral. :-) Glad you're feeling better, though, and will be able to hit it hard tomorrow. :-)

I probably *should* take the weekend off; but I'll be traveling next week and the week after, so I'm going too lift tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday....
icehog3 10:39 AM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:

Probably a smart move, Admiral. :-) Glad you're feeling better, though, and will be able to hit it hard tomorrow. :-)

I probably *should* take the weekend off; but I'll be traveling next week and the week after, so I'm going too lift tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday....
I can relate to the way you think, Dokk....or rather, the way you "act". Hit it hard, Brother!
The Professor 10:44 AM 05-01-2009
I can relate to the way you think, Dokk....or rather, the way you "act". Hit it hard, Brother!
Oh ... I will. :-) Probably triplex push-pull tomorrow, dynamic bench on Sunday, and a potpourri on Monday (we'll see what I'm feeling). I hate that I'll have Tuesday-Saturday totally off. I *might* be able to hit the gym before I leave again on Sunday, too. I'm almost certain I'll be taking my belt and wraps with to TX for house hunting so I can test out the campus gym and maybe the local hardcore gym.

But I digress....
King James 02:18 PM 05-01-2009
Heading to the gym once the damn UPS guy gets here. I know he is in the neighborhood but is taking forever to get here.
BigFrank 06:22 PM 05-01-2009
Heavy week is over, deload next week. Skipping the meet May 9th. May go with my friend to help. Looks like July is a go.
Page 93 of 350
« First < 4383919293 9495103143193 > Last »
Up