Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 93 of 138
« First < 4383919293 9495103 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
yourchoice 12:11 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Nice to see the Bruins not blow it this time and send those whiny, cheapshot, injury-faking Canadiens back to Montreal.

Next up, the whiny, cheapshot, injury-faking Flyers.
:-) A little hypocritical to call them whiny, then turn around and call them cheapshot, no? :-)
icehog3 01:01 PM 04-29-2011
I am torn between the Wings (forever my second team) and the Sharks (Niemi, Eager, Danny Boyle).....at this point, I am just rooting for an Epic series. :-)
Ahbroody 03:05 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
:-) A little hypocritical to call them whiny, then turn around and call them cheapshot, no? :-)
See I thought it was fun for a Bruins fan to say the Habs were giving cheapshots. I must have not watched the same series where the Bruins hit some guys in the head. I cant wait for it to happen the other way so we can see some people who ignored it last series to complain when its them.

As for the Sharks Wings just dont know what to expect. I think it may go the distance. Hoping if the Sharks lose they atleast make it interesting.
Bruins Fan 04:50 PM 04-29-2011
This must be one of the vicious hits :-) :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2EJhuHsl0
Bruins Fan 04:57 PM 04-29-2011
Make no mistake about it, there is going to be some big hits by both teams this next series, two tough east coast teams and there will be no flopping or crying:-)
Ahbroody 08:04 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
This must be one of the vicious hits :-) :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2EJhuHsl0
No I was thinking more this one. Very similar to the one that took Crosby out for the remainder of the year. Notice the slight footing change just before the hit. Just no reason to hit a guy in the head. Why? He didnt have to he knew he was going to catch him. The Boston feed is funny it only showed it from distance so you couldnt see what he did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUulx...e_gdata_player

Clearly though we are dealing with a class guy. I mean everyone flips off fans after scoring their first goal in a while right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjF9-...e_gdata_player

Cherry thought he was classy a few months ago after ghat paile headshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpCfu...e_gdata_player

Lucic anyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rP9...e_gdata_player

Like I said if these things happen later I dont expect anyone who was quiet when these occurred to be outraged when the shoe is on the other foot. Thats all.
jmsremax 08:51 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Like I said if these things happen later I dont expect anyone who was quiet when these occurred to be outraged when the shoe is on the other foot. Thats all.
Clearly what Ference did to the Canandiens fans was childish but I got a chuckle. Btw, I won't forgive the Canadiens fans for booing the national anthem in the 07 or 08 playoff series vs the Bruins. I don't care what american team it is....that is just pathetic.

I really hate how players feel the need to target the head and I don't want to see anyone have a career ending inury, but we (Bruins fans) have an idea of what penguins fans are dealing with, among other teams. We lost Savard to two head shots that ultimately ended his career. Granted he wasn't Crosby but he was a play maker for us.
Ahbroody 09:58 PM 04-29-2011
Good game by Sharks and Wings. This one may go the distance.

Jon my point and I think you see it was it was an unnecessary hit that could have ended up much worse. I know the hatred is there, but these players are just like everyone else with wives and familiesand friends. Its just garbage to cheapshot someone and risk their career and future health. Its a focking game. What if he goes unconscious hits his head weird and goes into seizures. Its just dirty and shows a lack of respect. Given how many players have been seriously injured from this, its just a basic respect thing. Look at Savard. Look at Crosby. By the way the report on Crosby on NHL.com was he had a relapse while trying to come back. Its a shame and to me the league blew it on both these hits. There was an intent to injure. If anyone thinks that's a dive I would love to know if you have ever even played the game. I damn sure don't want to take a shoulder to the face like that.
jmsremax 10:14 PM 04-29-2011
Ya Mike I am on the same page as you. It's frustrating to know guys are on the ice with the intent to injury someone....and possibly their career. I feel hockey is finally getting the attention it deserves (since the lockout) and part of it is from guys like Crosby and Ovechkin. The game is back to explosive offenses. However, when you have these guys not playing due to these vicious hits it does have an impact and makes the league look bad. A lot of people I work with don't like hockey because fighting is allowed....but that's a whole other issue in itself.

Good luck in the rest of the third.....hopefully then can score during this PP.

EDIT: they just did! Nice setup by Joe T! I miss him.....
Ahbroody 10:33 PM 04-29-2011
Thanks brother.
:-) listening in the patrol car. Sounds like a great game. The Sharks announcers are heeping praise on Dats. Maybe he is a good player. :-). Sudden Death!! Here we come.

Forgot. No argument on booing the anthem. While it has happened in retaliation here to it occurring up there I don't agree with it in either direction. I will say it has happened in multiple arenas up there the worst being during the world jrs. How do you boo kids. WTF is the matter with people.
Ahbroody 10:59 PM 04-29-2011
Ooooooooooo baby Benn Ferriero!
In an odd twist of faith tonight's game winning goal scored by Boston Massachusetts own Benn Ferriero.

As the Sharks announcers said the Wings lost their edge as the game wore on likely do to the break. Everyone is expecting a much better game for the full 60 from the Wings in game 2.
357 11:02 PM 04-29-2011
Give Pavelski the Oscar cause it got him the game tying goal. At least the 4 min penalty in OT drew a drop of blood. He looked in pain, smiling on the bench. :-)

I swear I've seen this movie before. PPs 6-2. 14:00-4:00, despite the elbows Holmstrom took at least 3 times. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Ahbroody 11:23 PM 04-29-2011
So if you get high sticked in the face and it draws blood you can't smile? I didn't get the memo.

As to Pavelski drawing that penalty which they scored on last time I checked and I am strictly basing this off the radio feed, boarding is a penalty even against the Redwings. I have seen this movie before also. Last year the Wings were killed by stick penalties. Hooking, tripping etc. You get those when you get beat and try to use your stick to prevent getting beat.

Mike I didn't see the game and only listened to the radio feed. The Sharks radio guys are pretty even and will say if the Sharks got away with one. They commented on non calls for both sides. So I am pretty sure the Wings could have been called for more. I expect this series is far from over and will be a long one. One things for sure. I am sure the refs don't have it in for the wings. Based on the what I heard after the 1st the Sharks were the better skating team. Take it easy on the breaking out the crutches just yet. Benns 24th bday today and the game winner.
icehog3 11:50 PM 04-29-2011
Well, Game 1 did not disappoint. Crazy game with both sides dominating for stretches, and Howard playing particularly well. Sharks squander a 4 minute OT powerplay but score moments later...what a moment for Ferriero.

This one should go 7....curious to see if the Wngs will bring Modano back in at some point. Looking forward to Sunday already.

Caps getting ready to crap again? They're off to a good start....
Ahbroody 12:01 AM 04-30-2011
I will miss game 2. Little man has hockey tournament this weekend. Multiple games both days.

The Caps as Tampa to "show me your lightning bolt!" They did. Jim Rome reference :-)
icehog3 12:02 AM 04-30-2011
Jim Rome is a dildo. :-)

I will scream so loud Sunday Micah will be looking around wondering where Uncle icehog is. :-)
GreekGodX 12:03 PM 04-30-2011
I'm really contemplating waking up at 5am in Greece just to watch the game (7 hours forward of EST). If not I'm going to miss the whole series! It will be easier to watch when they are in Detroit..

From what it sounds like the Wings are taking too many penalties still. I personally think it is more an issue of how the refs are calling the games in the playoffs than they were in the regular season. During the first round they called it way tighter, which has been hard for the Wings to adjust to. They will have to stop taking so many penalties for us to have a chance against the sharks.
Bruins Fan 04:02 PM 04-30-2011
B's make this one look easy 7-3. 0 for 5 on the powerplay but it looked a little better.
Still a long way to go keep the peddle to the metal :-) :-)
icehog3 05:14 PM 04-30-2011
First step towards redemption for the Bruins...played quite the game today.

Let's Go Pred!! :-)
Ahbroody 06:11 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Let's Go Pred!! :-)
X2
Page 93 of 138
« First < 4383919293 9495103 > Last »
Up