Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 92 of 129
« First < 4282909192 9394102 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Chainsaw13 06:40 AM 06-22-2011
I agree with Jeff and Myles about the skin/fat issue. That's happening to me. Now after a few months things are evening out.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:02 AM 06-22-2011
So pre-workout, I was at 262.8. That's a little over 10 lbs lost in 2 weeks. Other than sticking to my workouts, all I've really done is scale back my portions. I still have the occasional soda or bag of chips. I think next I'll try cutting down a little on carbs and see what happens...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:30 AM 06-22-2011
Nice job jeff. Keep it up. Same to you Dom. Hopefully the sleeping situation fixes itself.

I'm still getting in walks while Im out of town this week, but I have a feeling I'll gain a lb or two. Been eating BBQ for dinner the last couple of nights. Kinda hard not to when you're in KC.
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:26 AM 06-22-2011
Thanks fellas :-)

What I meant by laying off fatty foods, is I'm trying not to cover everything with cheese or Bacon :-)

Bob, I did a BBQ vacation a few years back, and the best BBQ I found was at a place IN KC called Fiorella's Jack stack BBQ.
It is not your Typical Dive BBQ Joint, It is rather well appointed wit a beautiful bar, and a nice atmosphere.
The one I went to was located near the Crown center.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:57 AM 06-22-2011
I've been to Jack Stack and liked it, although not a fan of their sauces. My favorite is Oklahoma Joes. We had an hour wait in line last night and it kept up that way until they closed the doors at 8:30pm.
[Reply]
goalie204 11:15 AM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Thanks fellas :-)

What I meant by laying off fatty foods, is I'm trying not to cover everything with cheese or Bacon :-)
Well Sheeet, why not? LOLOL!

About the sleep, your body will adjust, it's just fighting to not change, and you might want to take some melatonin to help about an hour before bed until your body adjusts to your new habits

As for me, still just frustrated that im not losing faster, i swear i did 1 lb a day at least before, now sometimes its not even 1 a week
[Reply]
Starscream 01:55 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I have the same thing going on. I think it's just a matter of burning off fat quicker than your skin can adjust... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
The downside is your skin is only going to adjust so much. That's why a lot of skinny guys who used to be fat don't go out shirtless.:-) The skin/fat pouch still hangs on for most people.
[Reply]
goalie204 02:47 PM 06-22-2011
a lot of ppl that lose it, once they prove to themselves they can keep it off get skin removal surgery
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:57 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Sean9689:
Congrats to you as well! That's awesome!

Thanks! Yeah, went off the deep end while living out of a hotel in 2010 while working in Chicago and still residing in St. Louis. No physical activity and eating out with no restrictions really took a toll on my weight.

A slim 225 Dave huh? :-) Gotta look good for your 4th of July Extravagana @ The Shack? :-)

I had all my suits and button down shirts tailored a couple of months back, it was amazing how loose they were. I can't lie, feels good to buy "L" instead of "XXL".
I'm going to buy some "38's" on Friday. Might want to check and see if XL vs XXL shirts are in my future. That could get ugly, have probably 200+ fancy golf shirts all XXL. At least they don't fall off like the 40 pants are now. :-) 221 this morning. :-) Hope to break 200 before the weekend.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:33 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
The downside is your skin is only going to adjust so much. That's why a lot of skinny guys who used to be fat don't go out shirtless.:-) The skin/fat pouch still hangs on for most people.
Hopefully I don't end up looking like Adam Sandler in Click... :-)
My goal is to get down to 210 (from 273) so I don't think that's too extreme.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 06:56 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
a lot of ppl that lose it, once they prove to themselves they can keep it off get skin removal surgery
Yep. That's not for me though.
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
I'm going to buy some "38's" on Friday. Might want to check and see if XL vs XXL shirts are in my future. That could get ugly, have probably 200+ fancy golf shirts all XXL. At least they don't fall off like the 40 pants are now. :-) 221 this morning. :-) Hope to break 200 before the weekend.
21 pounds by the weekend, Dave? :-) Good luck with that.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:58 PM 06-22-2011
1300 calories so far today, give or take.

29 carbs so far. Too many or ok? Tomato sauce and diced tomatoes were a lot higher than I expected.

Of total intake today so far:
42% protein
49% fat
9% carbs

Edited. Found a double entry in my log.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:37 PM 06-22-2011
Anything under 50g a day will be good for weight loss. Plus your eating carbs from non grain sources which are usually better.

Nice job on the pants Klugs. I had to buy 40's this past weekend as my 42's were too loose. Also XL shirts. I think u should be there too.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
goalie204 07:51 PM 06-22-2011
unfortunately Bob, it's not that black and white.

The main thing is that EVERYONE is DIFFERENT. What works for some may not work for others. Myself, from yo-yo'ing up and down for so many years, i have EXTREmELY high insulin resistance, and i have to eat very very very little carbs to lose weight, other people like the guy in that Fat Head movie was eating a lot more, and losing weight, and i must stress that everyone is different. Just like if we both ate the same meal, our bodies would handle it differently, so everyone has to find out what works best for them, but as a guide line, atkins induction is 20 carbs a day or less, 15 from veg, 5 from misc, and you add more as you continue, until it stalls your weight loss. blah blah my hands hurt from typing and im pissed off (nothing to do with this tho)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:59 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
blah blah my hands hurt from typing and im pissed off (nothing to do with this tho)
Hope you get things back to normal soon, Myles.:-)

Thanks for the info too.:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 08:24 PM 06-22-2011
Things are relatively normal, but my moron cleaning woman accidently locked the cat in the bedroom. I came home to a bed that had been pissed and shat on. I think the comforter absorbed a lot of the piss, but after blotting the matress, and putting vinegar/baking soda, i freaking hope it gets out all the smell, but im still mad
[Reply]
shilala 08:41 PM 06-22-2011
I never checked my weight today, but it looks like you guys are doing great. Dave is gonna pass me up by the weekend, I guess that's a throwdown.
I've been working my ass off, at least 14 hours a day on this deck, and eating very little, so I should have disappeared by now. My poop medicine just kicked in aftertaking it for 7 days in a row. I only have a little left, I'll have to get the 55 gallon drum the next time I pick it up (read:Lisa will need to get it for me tomorrow).
I'm excited to see if I crack the 200 barrier tomorrow. If I do, it'll still be about 4 days late, so there's no victory in it. I'll just keep plodding on to 185. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:30 PM 06-22-2011
That's true Myles. Everyone is different. My insulin resistance wasn't that bad so I've been able to lose keeping my daily intake around 100-125g a day. Plus I space it out about 30-40 each meal to keep my BS in check.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kreth 04:57 AM 06-23-2011
So, on my night off, I usually stay up most of the night so my sleep doesn't get out of whack. Since I was already up, I decided to fire up the Wii and take a crack at my first hour-long strength/yoga workout.
My first bit of good news, I managed not to gain on my day off, despite eating a bit of Ben & Jerry's! Of course, I had much less than my usual pint...
As for the workout, I had WFP pick a random mix of strength and yoga. A few exercises I struggled with: tree pose, jacknife, and my 3rd set of push-up/side plank. Great workout, though. I was sweating just as much as my usual aerobics. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
goalie204 06:13 AM 06-23-2011
Good stuff Bob! :-)

I finally dropped another 2lbs from what ive been stuck at lately, down 21 lbs so far since April 27th, my goal for my birthday was 30 lbs, a little unrealistic now that i think about it, and since its tmrw its not going to happen lOL

However, to celebrate the loss, breakfast was pork chop and eggs!

[Reply]
Page 92 of 129
« First < 4282909192 9394102 > Last »
Up