Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 92 of 99
« First < 4282909192 9394 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
mosesbotbol 04:58 AM 05-07-2015
I just got an offer in the mail from Torneau; they are doing 24 months 0% interest.

They may not be the least expensive retailer, but offer longer warranties than most places....
[Reply]
Blueface 08:28 AM 05-07-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I just got an offer in the mail from Torneau; they are doing 24 months 0% interest.

They may not be the least expensive retailer, but offer longer warranties than most places....
Do it, enjoy it.
Mine came as result more of a life and attitude changing event.
Problem in life is we always put things off for tomorrow. Throw in that interest free financing and a wife nudging me over to get it and didn't really think twice.
Hope that new attitude for life remains when the bill starts coming in.:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:48 AM 05-07-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Do it, enjoy it.
Mine came as result more of a life and attitude changing event.
Problem in life is we always put things off for tomorrow. Throw in that interest free financing and a wife nudging me over to get it and didn't really think twice.
Hope that new attitude for life remains when the bill starts coming in.:-)
If you can set up auto bill pay to complete the payments before the interest comes, you won't notice the bill.

I don't foresee a new watch for me this year. Buying a 2nd home right now and want to save for a sedan in the semi-near future. That could change when I am back in Singapore this fall... Watch fever sets in and any responsible decision takes a back seat. There's a couple of particular watches on my hot list, but I can't say I have really "earned" them yet.

There's a cool Breitling boutique in Singapore; 1 of 2 in SE Asia.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:28 PM 05-08-2015
My most recent experience with Torneau (T) came when I bought my wife a watch last Christmas. The watch she wanted at T was retail. They were unwilling to negotiate. We went to another shop with better stock and bought it for 20% off MSRP. Same warranty, plus I'm set to negotiate for our next one. I paid with a cc and got the miles to boot. So, to me, buying a watch at T for MSRP is not worth it. JMO in LA.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:04 PM 05-08-2015
Islands, jewelry, bad mix.
This came back on board the ship on my wrist today.
Very nice, I bought a new watch this year so I'm done for awhile. When I next purchase a watch it will either be this exact model, or a Luminor. Enjoy the Navitimer, it is a great piece.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:37 AM 05-09-2015
Originally Posted by ucla695:
My most recent experience with Torneau (T) came when I bought my wife a watch last Christmas. The watch she wanted at T was retail. They were unwilling to negotiate. We went to another shop with better stock and bought it for 20% off MSRP. Same warranty, plus I'm set to negotiate for our next one. I paid with a cc and got the miles to boot. So, to me, buying a watch at T for MSRP is not worth it. JMO in LA.
I thought they doubled the manufacturer warranty? I've only bought one pre-owned watch (from Torneau) they did 2 year warranty where ever other pre-owned place did one year. They also included insurance on the watch and I had it totally re-finished the watch after I bought it. Took like 3 months, but came back like a new watch.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:06 AM 05-10-2015
I thought they doubled the manufacturer warranty? I've only bought one pre-owned watch (from Torneau) they did 2 year warranty where ever other pre-owned place did one year. They also included insurance on the watch and I had it totally re-finished the watch after I bought it. Took like 3 months, but came back like a new watch.
They didn't mention it to me, but that was just my experience. That would make more sense why they wouldn't budge on the price.
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:19 AM 05-10-2015
Here's a nice small quartz diver from Alpina. In this day when watches are mostly huge, it was nice to find one at 38mm for my skinny wrist.

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:59 AM 05-10-2015
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
Here's a nice small quartz diver from Alpina. In this day when watches are mostly huge, it was nice to find one at 38mm for my skinny wrist.

That's awesome. Alpina makes some cool watches and they are very well priced. Not too popular in US? Did you buy in this country? Good choice. Are bracelets available from them?
[Reply]
larryinlc 11:14 AM 05-10-2015
Bought it at gemnation.com for 275 on sale.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:22 PM 05-10-2015
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
Bought it at gemnation.com for 275 on sale.
That's a heck of price.
[Reply]
mmblz 07:30 AM 05-27-2015
pretty nice looking watch for ~ $25
Attached: IMG_1287.jpg (40.2 KB) 
[Reply]
puffin 01:40 AM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
Nice! I like those Stowas.
Beautiful piece! I actually haven't even heard about Stowa before (obviously, I'm not a collector). But I have been reading tons about watches and can easily see why so many people are passsionate about them. I love classic, slim watches so the Rolex Cellini collection has naturally caught my eye. The only stumbling block is :-).
[Reply]
Blueface 04:44 PM 08-10-2015
I had a mishap not too long ago and lost a prized watch.
Fortunately, I had it insured.
To replace it, went with another long term dream of mine.
I can now die in peace.:-)

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:10 PM 08-10-2015
Fancy. I have been really digging the polished ceramic bezel, but can't go wrong with blue and gold. Very nice.
[Reply]
G G 06:06 PM 08-10-2015
I have a question and apologize if it's the wrong place for it. I have two invicta watches and pins have broken on both of them. I have the 8932 and the 15180. The pins are 18 and 22 mm respectively, but I can't for the life of me find how thick the pins are supposed to be. I see 1.5, 1.8, and others. Anyone know, and yes I am a watch dummy, sorry. I searched for an hour and can't find the info. Maybe I am an internet dummy too.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:25 PM 08-10-2015
Fancy. I have been really digging the polished ceramic bezel, but can't go wrong with blue and gold. Very nice.
That's pretty good. You know the ceramic bezel as compared to older bezel.
Gotta tell you, the new solid links make a big difference in the overall weight. Feels really solid, more like all precious metal than prior versions.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:59 PM 08-10-2015
That's pretty good. You know the ceramic bezel as compared to older bezel.
Gotta tell you, the new solid links make a big difference in the overall weight. Feels really solid, more like all precious metal than prior versions.
A the older style Sub's had those hollow links, the watch felt light, and the band would stretch. I'd rather have a Titanium watch if I want light instead of hollow links.

Rolex has stepped up their game over the last decade in terms of delivering what the consumer wants.
[Reply]
Remo 01:35 PM 08-22-2015

Back to an Aqualand.
Attached:
[Reply]
shilala 01:59 PM 08-22-2015
I used to have a watch fetish. But every single one would look like I dragged it behind my truck in a couple weeks. It's because I'm a hog.

That Rolex is GORGEOUS, Carlos. You are blessed, my man!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 92 of 99
« First < 4282909192 9394 > Last »
Up