Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 91 of 104
« First < 4181899091 9293101 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 09:23 AM 06-07-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Did you see the close up of Bettman last night? I thought he was gonna cry. :-)
Yeah, what was up with that? :-)

Pens were dominating the first 10 minutes, and then the wheels fell off.

I look for Game 6 to be the toughest game of the series yet.
ahc4353 09:49 AM 06-07-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
His poster boy was losing. It's like Babcock said, if you look at the commercials from last year you would think the Pens won the cup.

Want a poster boy? My vote is for a guy like Helm. Nothing flashy but work ethic second to none. God I love the guys that want to work!

Oh, and if the Pens thought "the old guys" looked tired in game four, they need to watch the tape of game five and see who looks tired. :-)
357 09:53 PM 06-07-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I'm hoping that when we win Tuesday, we can start using the "D" word...... Dynasty :-)

I'd say 5 cup wins in 11 years qualifies, LOL
I keep hearing this word on the radio from Pens fans. The "New Dynasty", huh?

You have to win something first before you can claim a dynasty. See, even Wings fans haven't used this term until the past few days. Most likely in response to such obsurd claims that the Pens are starting one. PENS FANS, think of it this way...Where the Buffalo Bills a dynasty????

Not quite. They were the laughing stock of the NFL for years because they choked on the biggest stage. Maybe the Pens can look forward to that legacy. Two more years of being second best might get them into that conversation.
kelmac07 07:00 AM 06-08-2009
Steady now...Buffalo Bills fan here!! I can't believe I said that out loud.
LasciviousXXX 08:02 AM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
I keep hearing this word on the radio from Pens fans. The "New Dynasty", huh?

Ummmmmm...... WINGS fan here :-) LOL

When I said 5 Cup wins in 11 years I was referring to Detroit....not the Penguins ROFL!
icehog3 08:27 AM 06-08-2009
The current Pens a dynasty? Don't you have to win a couple of Cups first? :-)
White97Jimmy 09:42 AM 06-08-2009
His poster boy was losing. It's like Babcock said, if you look at the commercials from last year you would think the Pens won the cup.

Want a poster boy? My vote is for a guy like Helm. Nothing flashy but work ethic second to none. God I love the guys that want to work!

Oh, and if the Pens thought "the old guys" looked tired in game four, they need to watch the tape of game five and see who looks tired. :-)
I have to say out of all of the young guys, Helm has sure shown he is one hell of a player. Talk about working his ass off and giving 110%. He is sure to be a regular on the roster.
Posted via Mobile Device
357 11:28 AM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Ummmmmm...... WINGS fan here :-) LOL

When I said 5 Cup wins in 11 years I was referring to Detroit....not the Penguins ROFL!
I know. I recently heard some Pens fans, on more than one occasion, say that the Pens will win and the "New Dynasty" has begun. I heard it on ESPN radio, Fox Sports radio, and on TV. Hell I even heard one of their senators or something say that word for word on Frank Beckman's show. I think it might be their new slogon or whatever.

The current Pens a dynasty? Don't you have to win a couple of Cups first? :-)
You would think that at least 3 Cups (within 5-10 years) would be necessary before even mentioning the word dynasty. That was my point.
ahc4353 01:13 PM 06-08-2009
Would love to see the Wings win at home for the fans sake. However, game 7's are anyones game.

Lets hope they finish them tomorrow night. Beating Crosby on his home ice is the only thing better then winning at home.

(Yes I know the Pens record at home as of late. Lets just say I hope they are "due" to lose.)

Lets go WINGS!!
jonharky 01:15 PM 06-08-2009
Would love to see the Wings win at home for the fans sake. However, game 7's are anyones game.

Lets hope they finish them tomorrow night. Beating Crosby on his home ice is the only thing better then winning at home.

(Yes I know the Pens record at home as of late. Lets just say I hope they are "due" to lose.)

Lets go WINGS!!
They will win I have faith....GO WINGS!!
Mister Moo 09:02 PM 06-08-2009

Pens were dominating the first 10 minutes, and then the wheels fell off.

I look for Game 6 to be the toughest game of the series yet.
Could you suggest a good cocktail/cigar combination for, uh... you know... the CELEBRATION?

:-):-):-)
icehog3 11:37 PM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
Could you suggest a good cocktail/cigar combination for, uh... you know... the CELEBRATION?

:-):-):-)
Martoonis and one of my cigars...you are welcome to come by and partake, Danno! :-)
icehog3 12:14 AM 06-09-2009
GHC_Hambone 12:42 AM 06-09-2009
This brings tears to my eyes! And not good ones :-)

Although I do have a lot of respect for Lidstrom as a player.
kelmac07 04:38 AM 06-09-2009
Pens are tough to beat at home!!
jonharky 04:45 AM 06-09-2009
GO WINGS!!! they are going to pull it off today
kugie 04:54 AM 06-09-2009
Lets go PENS!
icehog3 08:25 AM 06-09-2009
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
This brings tears to my eyes! And not good ones :-)

Although I do have a lot of respect for Lidstrom as a player.
I am a die-hard Hawks fan, but make most of my fellow Hawks fans cringe by having the Wings as my second favorite team. Only team I like to see beat the Wings are the Hawks.
ahc4353 08:29 AM 06-09-2009
Seems I have upset Crosby's dad on another cigar board. My bad.

LETS GO WINGS!! :-)

icehog3 08:37 AM 06-09-2009

Page 91 of 104
« First < 4181899091 9293101 > Last »