Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 90 of 352
« First < 4080888990 9192100140190 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
0002S 07:02 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
I have two AACs...a 762 quick detach and a Cyclone K direct thread.....AAC has great customer service which is a huge consideration when choosing a can
Will they deal direct or do you have to go through a dealer?
Cigarcop 07:05 PM 11-22-2010
Well I guess I really shouldn't have said I had two...two that fit the 6.5 but both the 762 and Cyclone are in .30 caliber..

Heres a pic of the 762 next to an AAC Titan for my .338...that thing is a beast compared to the 762.

Titan is for this guy and my .338LM

Cigarcop 07:06 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
Will they deal direct or do you have to go through a dealer?
You need to be a class 3 dealer
0002S 07:27 PM 11-22-2010
You need to be a class 3 dealer
Trust purchase, will they deal direct and ship?
Cigarcop 05:52 AM 11-23-2010
Roy
Originally Posted by 0002S:
Trust purchase, will they deal direct and ship?
Doesn't matter how u set it up, LLC, Trust, Corp, or as an individual...you will have to go thru s class 3 dealer and send a check to the BATF for your $200 Tax Stamp
0002S 06:07 AM 11-23-2010
Roy

Doesn't matter how u set it up, LLC, Trust, Corp, or as an individual...you will have to go thru s class 3 dealer and send a check to the BATF for your $200 Tax Stamp
Ah, I see what you're saying and understand. I didn't know if AAC acted as a direct dealer.

I have a local dealer who sells them.
HK3- 07:43 AM 11-24-2010
A few oldies but goodies
HK3- 07:44 AM 11-24-2010
My great grandmother used to use this one as a hammer around the house
HK3- 07:47 AM 11-24-2010
This one was passed down by my grandfather

This one I play with at the range but I want to go hog/deer/varmint hunting with soon
Martel 03:15 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
A few oldies but goodies
New Service? I love old Colts.

Cheers,
G
0002S 06:11 PM 11-24-2010
Nice
HK3- 07:15 AM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by Martel:
New Service? I love old Colts.

Cheers,
G
Don't know much about it really except a family friend used to carry it as his side arm when he was a police officer. Says D.A. 38 on the barrel. Anyone know much about these?
Martel 07:51 AM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Don't know much about it really except a family friend used to carry it as his side arm when he was a police officer. Says D.A. 38 on the barrel. Anyone know much about these?
It might be one of several models, it's tough to tell exactly from the photo. Does the gun have any other markings beside that? If it was a PD issue gun, there will sometimes be a department marking, usually on the butt. Is this a very large frame revolver, or a smaller one? If you can provide me with any other markings on the gun, along with the serial number (via PM for security) I may be able to help you determine what you have and when it was made.

Additionally, you can contact Colt... for a small fee, they will send you a letter telling you the exact date of manufacture and where the gun was originally shipped. These factory letters are pretty nice to have on a gun which has some collector value. Your Colt looks to be in nice shape for its age, and would probably have at least some moderate value.

Cheers,
G
HK3- 09:43 PM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by Martel:
It might be one of several models, it's tough to tell exactly from the photo. Does the gun have any other markings beside that? If it was a PD issue gun, there will sometimes be a department marking, usually on the butt. Is this a very large frame revolver, or a smaller one? If you can provide me with any other markings on the gun, along with the serial number (via PM for security) I may be able to help you determine what you have and when it was made.

Additionally, you can contact Colt... for a small fee, they will send you a letter telling you the exact date of manufacture and where the gun was originally shipped. These factory letters are pretty nice to have on a gun which has some collector value. Your Colt looks to be in nice shape for its age, and would probably have at least some moderate value.

Cheers,
G
Thanks brother. I will PM you some info tomorrow. :-)
Eleven 11:36 PM 11-25-2010
I am thinking about a starter-type of AR15, I like the looks of the Smith and Wesson M&P15.

Any advice? Are there cheaper/better models out there? Anyone have one laying around they wanna sell :-)

My son-in-law (a Marine) had this one, my wife took this picture and saw the look on my face and knew I would end up with one some day:

hammondc 04:05 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I am thinking about a starter-type of AR15, I like the looks of the Smith and Wesson M&P15.

Any advice? Are there cheaper/better models out there? Anyone have one laying around they wanna sell :-)

My son-in-law (a Marine) had this one, my wife took this picture and saw the look on my face and knew I would end up with one some day:
Something I have been looking into as well. There are soooooo many options.
theonlybear4CORT 05:15 PM 11-26-2010
Good rifle but you can build one and say it'd one of a kind. That's what I did its not that hard look up YouTube videos for help I did and it helped me out.
Posted via Mobile Device
bonjing 05:42 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:

The S & W's are very good rifles for the price, I like their M&P 15 MOE. Are there better out there yes, but for cheaper probably not. You can look at DPMS for cheap rifles, I can't own one due to our state still having a AW ban (banned by name), but I did own one of their uppers and it did shoot fairly well for what the intended use was, a beater rifle. I've heard lots of ups and downs regarding DPMS so be careful.

I'd personally go with building one of your own. Find a lower receiver, almost any will do (for me it's the one with the logo I like best) and start from there. Look at Bravo Co: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ for quality/variety of uppers.

The reason for building your own, you can put all the little goodies that YOU want on it versus, spending the money on a complete rifle and then spending more money to upgrade it. That's just my opinion though. It's very easy to build one yourself if you can follow directions.
sikk50 04:17 PM 11-27-2010

:-)
Martel 04:39 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:

:-)
Nice rig. Galco Avenger holster?

Cheers,
G
Page 90 of 352
« First < 4080888990 9192100140190 > Last »
Up