Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 90 of 351
« First < 4080888990 9192100140190 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
replicant_argent 08:04 AM 02-25-2010
I was thinking "Black and Tan" the other night. Tried to layer a Schell Stout on top of a Summit Horizon Red (think Surly Furious Jr.). It didn't layer well, either from poor technique or wrong SGs, but it was gosh darn delicious.
kugie 08:17 AM 02-25-2010
HARPOON Celtic Red ale:-)

Very Tasty:-)
BlackDog 10:16 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Summit Horizon Red (think Surly Furious Jr.).
I didn't get that from Horizon, maybe I need to try it again. If it really is Furious jr., that would be a nice cost-effective subsitiution on occasion.

Here is my review from BA:
12oz bottle poured in a cylindrical Hobgoblin pint glass.

A- Nice deep red with one finger of head. Clings nicely to glass.

S- Hoppy, citrusy aroma up front, with a bit of molasses in the background.

T- Like the smell, this has plenty of Hops and grapefuit up front, and finishes with light malt. However, there is a metallic aspect to this that I find unpleasant. Seems a bit unbalanced for an amber ale. IMO should be a bit more in the malt deparment.

M- A bit thin, and a bit too bitter for this style. I'd prefer less carbonation but it's certainly not excessive.

D- This is certainly a fine sessionable beer, but I was hoping for something more. I'd like to try this on tap too see how it compares to the bottled version. Summit seems to have "good" beer down pat, but I'd like to see them release a couple of "great" beers.

Blindjimme 10:22 AM 02-25-2010
Picked up He Brew Jewbilation and Lagunitas Gnarly Wine yesterday. I'll try one of them tonite. The Gnarly Wine seems low ABV for a barley wine. Are you guys sipping this or drinking a full glass?

Edit: Now that I've thought about it, a sipping barley wine would be much more costly. I'm pouring a glass.
Mpython24 11:58 AM 02-25-2010
Gotta be america's oldest, Yuengling Lager.
Red 01:31 PM 02-25-2010
sam adams, noble hop
mastershogun 03:49 PM 02-25-2010
New Glarus brought back unplugged cherry stout. Gave it a try today... the bottle was done in about 60 seconds :-)
Jbailey 03:57 PM 02-25-2010
Having a glass of Westmalle Trappist Ale Double.
Jbailey 05:02 PM 02-25-2010
Now onto the Westmalle Trappist Ale Triple.
BlackDog 05:15 PM 02-25-2010
Anchor Liberty Ale
Partagaspete 07:01 PM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Now onto the Westmalle Trappist Ale Triple.
:-)

Me,I am having some delicious Blue Point Hoptical Illusione. Good stuff.
Guitarman-S.T- 08:44 PM 02-25-2010
Sierra Nevada Torpedo- For a supposed extreme IPA.. I find it very mellow, Floral, crisp and fruity with out a strong astringent back bone of more.. well.. Hoppier IPA's?

Diggin it though, think Furious Jr's cousin's Brother hahaha
MikeyC 09:03 PM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by mastershogun:
New Glarus brought back unplugged cherry stout. Gave it a try today... the bottle was done in about 60 seconds :-)
They make some REALLY good beers. I wish we could get them out here in MA.

Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
Picked up He Brew Jewbilation and Lagunitas Gnarly Wine yesterday. I'll try one of them tonite. The Gnarly Wine seems low ABV for a barley wine. Are you guys sipping this or drinking a full glass?

Edit: Now that I've thought about it, a sipping barley wine would be much more costly. I'm pouring a glass.
I've had teh Hebrew Jewbilation a few times. It's a decent beer. I found it to be overly sweet for my taste. However, I really appreciate the cheekiness of this beer company. It's called "Jewbilation Bar Mitzvah" and there are 13 kinds of hop and 13% ABV. Plus, they brewed it to celebrate the 13th anniversary of their company. They actually threw a mini-Bar Mitzvah for themselves last year at the Great American Beer Festival. It was pretty funny.
NCRadioMan 08:39 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
Hoppier IPA's?
Just about anything. :-)

Last evening at the W.H.A.T.:

Rouge Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale (wasn't expecting much but was very pleased)
Founders Double Trouble
DFH 60 Min
Chimay Red (your right again Dave! :-))
Tripp 08:42 AM 02-26-2010
I've got a Red Chair NWPA lined up for later today.
Jbailey 08:43 AM 02-26-2010
:-)
Glad you enjoyed it Greg.
landhoney 08:58 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by mastershogun:
If you can get more NG beers and would like to do a swap for some cigars, please PM me. :-)
BigCat 09:02 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I was thinking "Black and Tan" the other night. Tried to layer a Schell Stout on top of a Summit Horizon Red (think Surly Furious Jr.). It didn't layer well, either from poor technique or wrong SGs, but it was gosh darn delicious.
For making black and tans at home, you might want to try this:

http://www.brutul.com/

My sister's boyfriend gave one to me...it still requires a little delicacy, but it definitely makes it easier and is kind of a cool addition to a bar. No affiliation with the company, just thought I'd point it out.
Blindjimme 09:51 AM 02-26-2010
Had the Lagunitas Gnarly Wine last night. First taste is a blast of orange blossom honey that fills the nose and coats your tongue. There's a nice hoppiness through out. Not as sweet as it may sound, really good. :-)
Guitarman-S.T- 04:39 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by BigCat:
For making black and tans at home, you might want to try this:

http://www.brutul.com/

My sister's boyfriend gave one to me...it still requires a little delicacy, but it definitely makes it easier and is kind of a cool addition to a bar. No affiliation with the company, just thought I'd point it out.
Own it.... its Brutal.. I dig it ... Go buy it :-)
Page 90 of 351
« First < 4080888990 9192100140190 > Last »
Up