Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
Skywalker 08:25 PM 02-06-2012
Sierra Nevada Imperial Smoked Porter
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:05 AM 02-07-2012
D, you get all the good SN stuff!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:23 AM 02-07-2012
Drank a bottle of the King Henry last night. I'll be honest, I didn't care for that one as much. Great quality it just didn't appeal to my palate as much.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:25 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
D, you get all the good SN stuff!
:-)

Maybe if I was able to get more special release SN I'd enjoy them more. The regular lineup is not bad by any means though.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:28 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Drank a bottle of the King Henry last night. I'll be honest, I didn't care for that one as much. Great quality it just didn't appeal to my palate as much.
English Style barleywines are hard to get into Týr. I didn't enjoy them at first, but now I love them. They are very sweet and malty, tons of caramel notes, toffee, chocolate, leather, ect.
[Reply]
W.B. 10:51 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Yup I felt the same and though I'd drink it again in the right mood, I wouldn't make any trade's for it.

Also agree with CWS and would add if your just trying the style to try one that is not barrel aged. English style Barleywine, like a vintage Brooklyn's Monster Ale, provide great complexity that is not obscured by the barrel aging contribution. Also, maybe try and American style, some incredible one's out there as well; again maybe not barrel aged. It's funny to me as I love barrel aged beers in general; and while I have enjoyed some barrel aged Barleywine's I mostly prefer them to not have been. But that may be just me.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:00 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by W.B.:
Yup I felt the same and though I'd drink it again in the right mood, I wouldn't make any trade's for it.

Also agree with CWS and would add if your just trying the style to try one that is not barrel aged. English style Barleywine, like a vintage Brooklyn's Monster Ale, provide great complexity that is not obscured by the barrel aging contribution. Also, maybe try and American style, some incredible one's out there as well; again maybe not barrel aged. It's funny to me as I love barrel aged beers in general; and while I have enjoyed some barrel aged Barleywine's I mostly prefer them to not have been. But that may be just me.
Yeah I agree on the Barrel Aged aspect. That adds another level of flavor, some people don't like it. I think the bar is set with JW Lees Harvest Ale as far as non-barrel aged english barleywines are concerned. Had an 2002 Lees recently, drank much like a port. Maybe a little too sweet for my taste. Would have been great with a cigar..
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:46 PM 02-07-2012
Anchorage/Dogfish Collab. Brewed with Sorachi Ace and Styrian Golding Hops. Aged in French Oak Chardonnay barrels with brettanomyces.

[Reply]
newcigarz 10:32 AM 02-08-2012
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:38 AM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Nice!

If you still have a Wake n Bake, mix the two for what they call a Wake n Moo...very tasty
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:57 AM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Nice!

If you still have a Wake n Bake, mix the two for what they call a Wake n Moo...very tasty
got one left, so I will give it a try. :-)
[Reply]
MNSmoker 05:30 PM 02-08-2012
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:32 AM 02-09-2012
I almost grabbed the Double Bastard but they wanted almost $80.00 for a case of 12 bottles.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:40 AM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by MNSmoker:
You planning to throw a sixer of Bigfoot in the cellar? I still need to get this vintage. What's nice about Bigfoot is how good it is fresh, how well it can age, and the price is awesome.
[Reply]
MNSmoker 04:08 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
You planning to throw a sixer of Bigfoot in the cellar? I still need to get this vintage. What's nice about Bigfoot is how good it is fresh, how well it can age, and the price is awesome.
Yep, definitely. I'll probably grab another sixer to throw down there too. I have two from last year, and I plan on grabbing a couple every year.
[Reply]
Wanger 07:51 AM 02-10-2012
Needed some rum, too. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:28 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Needed some rum, too. :-)
Sweet!!!:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:05 AM 02-10-2012
full case of the newest batch of Hopslam
2 bombers of the new release of Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout

I passed on the Bourbon County Bramble. Doesn't sound appealing at all to me.
[Reply]
landhoney 09:10 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I passed on the Bourbon County Bramble. Doesn't sound appealing at all to me.
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:15 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by landhoney:
:-):-):-):-):-)
I don't like fruit added to my stouts. I had some blueberry stout from Dark Horse I think, didn't like it at all.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 111
« First < 4080888990 9192100 > Last »
Up