Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 90 of 96
« First < 4080888990 9192 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
oooo35980 08:06 AM 10-08-2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I have never understood why cell shading ever took off. It drives me crazy, even if I can put it out of my head and play the game anyway it's always there. The 4th (or was it 5th) Prince of Persia was totally ruined for me. I can't get 15 minutes in without turning it off.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:22 PM 10-08-2012
So I heard the Hymn of Fayth from Final Fantasy 10 the other day and it lit a burning urge in me to start playing. I installed and configured PCSX2 on my PC today, ripped in FFX, dumped my PS2 bios, and am now playing FFX on PC.

FEELS GOOD, MAN.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:08 PM 10-11-2012
See I like it in Borderlands. That look worked with the game very well.

I'm only an hour in to Dishonored though. The 16 hour work day is brutalizing me. I replayed the first mission a couple times trying to get through it without wasting a bunch of guards, but I can't quite get the knack of how I can tell if I'm visible or not when stealthed.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 05:18 PM 10-14-2012
Having trouble getting in to Dishonored. It's... Well, it's Thief 4 really. Everything takes so damn long.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:53 PM 10-21-2012
XCOM is my latest addiction.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:12 AM 10-22-2012
Crusader Kings 2, new Legacy of Rome expansion just came out, so addicting :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 07:37 AM 10-22-2012
Just picked up Max Payne 3 for Free (traded in a bunch of stuff that I would never finish) Really enjoying it, once I beat it I might get Sleeping Dogs.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:38 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I have never understood why cell shading ever took off. It drives me crazy, even if I can put it out of my head and play the game anyway it's always there. The 4th (or was it 5th) Prince of Persia was totally ruined for me. I can't get 15 minutes in without turning it off.
The only game that had Shell Shading worth a damn imo was Jet Grind/Set Radio for the Dreamcast, damn I miss my Dreamcast....was a great system.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:47 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
The only game that had Shell Shading worth a damn imo was Jet Grind/Set Radio for the Dreamcast, damn I miss my Dreamcast....was a great system.
Cell shading was a pretty good style for Ultimate Spiderman. It gave the game that comic book/graphic novel feel.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:29 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Cell shading was a pretty good style for Ultimate Spiderman. It gave the game that comic book/graphic novel feel.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that....that did benefit the game imo...btw, I didn't mind it in Borderlands
[Reply]
kaisersozei 02:35 PM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
XCOM is my latest addiction.
Yep, same here :-) It's just as good as I remember the original. The only problem I'm having seems to be with multi-level missions, camera positioning on the agents is kind of tough. But I can't really complain, it's an awesome game.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:48 PM 10-23-2012
Pulled the demo down this weekend but haven't had a moment to myself to mess with it.

I was only half hearted about it 'til I saw you guys frothing over it.

Somehow I missed the originals when they came around. I tried playing them (through Steam I think) but they were just too .... old (says the Wizardry 1 on Apple ][ veteran) and I couldn't get in to them.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:28 PM 10-23-2012
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Pulled the demo down this weekend but haven't had a moment to myself to mess with it.

I was only half hearted about it 'til I saw you guys frothing over it.

Somehow I missed the originals when they came around. I tried playing them (through Steam I think) but they were just too .... old (says the Wizardry 1 on Apple ][ veteran) and I couldn't get in to them.
Agreed. I'm a huge retro gamer, but the original looks too boring for me in this day and age. Some games don't hold up well with age.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:30 AM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Agreed. I'm a huge retro gamer, but the original looks too boring for me in this day and age. Some games don't hold up well with age.
And, because you said "retro gamer" I simply have to say "Dungeon Keeper 2".
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 09:03 AM 10-25-2012
I cant wait until next Tuesday = Assasins Creed III !!!!!!!!!!!!
Its going to be fun killing red coats!!
[Reply]
irratebass 09:14 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I cant wait until next Tuesday = Assasins Creed III !!!!!!!!!!!!
Its going to be fun killing red coats!!
Think I'll wait till Black Friday to pick this up, hopefully I can get it at a discount.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:21 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
And, because you said "retro gamer" I simply have to say "Dungeon Keeper 2".
I recently re bought both DK1 and 2 on GOG.com. I still think those are Peter Molyneuxs best games.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:57 AM 10-25-2012
Any Dead Island fans???

http://www.examiner.com/article/firs...island-riptide
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:21 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
I recently re bought both DK1 and 2 on GOG.com. I still think those are Peter Molyneuxs best games.
Yeah me too. I couldn't actually play DK1 though. It was just too...CGI.

I'd never heard his name before. I'm just not that much of a game wonk.

Populus was a blast IIRC. I seem to recall it being really easy.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:21 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Any Dead Island fans???

http://www.examiner.com/article/firs...island-riptide
heh. I've had QUITE enough zombirificness. Dr. Ned's about as far as I'll go.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 96
« First < 4080888990 9192 > Last »
Up