Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Sports>Hail To The Redskins!!
kaisersozei 10:25 AM 12-17-2009
Oh hell yea! About time that useless Cerrato got the boot. Danny's scapegoat.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 10:28 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Some good news maybe?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121701930.html

Cerrato is out. Bruce Allen to take over as executive of football operations, or whatever the hell that means. Basically sounds like GM without the actual final say...
It has to be good news, I don't think they can get much worse. :-)
[Reply]
ade06 11:29 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
It has to be good news, I don't think they can get much worse. :-)
If we can only get a new owner...:-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 11:51 AM 12-17-2009
SI is reporting Allen as General Manager, so maybe Snyder is getting the hint that he shouldn't be so closely involved if he wants the team to win? Now, the real question is whether he has the patience to give people the time to do things right.
[Reply]
MarioF 12:18 PM 12-17-2009
My hope is that the only change for now is Vinny gone and Allen brought in. I would like to see what Zorn could do with another year with another set of eyes behind him. The only other change I would make would be to get rid of Blache and bring in a more aggressive D coordinator.
Go Skins!!
[Reply]
shvictor 06:28 PM 12-20-2009
I'm rooting for you guys tomorrow :-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 09:57 PM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by shvictor:
I'm rooting for you guys tomorrow :-)
Another fine showing by our beloved redskins. JC really can get it done.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:54 AM 12-22-2009
I just don't get the Campbell hate. The problem is obviously the line. I don't care if it's Peyton back there, with that line, he will get sacked, pressured into interceptions, it's just gonna be bad. Campbell is a good QB, when he has the 3-4 seconds to make a play that any serviceable line would give him.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:56 AM 12-22-2009
I just don't get the Campbell hate. The problem is obviously the line. I don't care if it's Peyton back there, with that line, he will get sacked, pressured into interceptions, it's just gonna be bad. Campbell is a good QB, when he has the 3-4 seconds to make a play that any serviceable line would give him.
:-)

That was the most painful game of the year to watch. The Giants d-line made our guys look like high school players. JC didn't even have time to set his feet, and there was no way we were running between the tackles. I hang my head in shame.

The bright spot is that London Fletcher got me a ton of fantasy points, as he has all season, to help secure a victory in my league. And I'm only partially kicking myself for starting Ganther over Mendenhall--Ganther put up a respectable 10 or so. Who cares if it was late in the game against their 3rd stringers? :-) I got lucky. Unlike our boys last night.

Oh, and wtf is that unsportsmanlike call going against Haynesworth? The one that jump started another NYG TD drive. Did none of the zebras see Jacobs and his buddies in there throwing punches like Mike Tyson?
[Reply]
Blueface 09:46 AM 12-22-2009
Has anyone in the Redskins organization tried to explain what the heck that ridiculous high school type attempt at a fake field goal attempt?
What the heck was that?
In all my years, never have I seen that.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 10:11 AM 12-22-2009
It was painful to watch the expressions on Zorn's face last night. I was embarrassed for him.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 02:20 PM 12-22-2009
This whole season has been painful. At least it's almost over. Maybe next season I can at least not be ashamed to admit I am a fan.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 02:27 PM 12-22-2009
This whole season has been painful. At least it's almost over. Maybe next season I can at least not be ashamed to admit I am a fan.
I'm never ashamed to admit I'm a fan. I just express my outright indignation and disgust for the owner.
[Reply]
MarioF 02:28 PM 12-22-2009
These home games are such an emotional drain. We get to the stadium 5 Hours before kick-off. It's freezing, we stand around in a poorly paved parking lot, and then we go in and have to witness that fiasco!! The good news is our tailgate group is probably 40+ people with really good food, a lot of alcohol, a firepit and some good cigars.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 02:40 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by MarioF:
These home games are such an emotional drain. We get to the stadium 5 Hours before kick-off. It's freezing, we stand around in a poorly paved parking lot, and then we go in and have to witness that fiasco!! The good news is our tailgate group is probably 40+ people with really good food, a lot of alcohol, a firepit and some good cigars.
So, you guys went back out at halftime to tailgate some more? :-)
[Reply]
MarioF 04:01 PM 12-22-2009
We should have, but we're a glutton for punishment and stayed almost to the end.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:35 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I'm never ashamed to admit I'm a fan. I just express my outright indignation and disgust for the owner.
You're not alone. THat's how I feel as a Reds fan.:-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:14 AM 01-06-2010
Mike Shanahan.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:30 PM 01-06-2010
Mike Shanahan.
Now all they need is an owner who has a shred of knowledge of the game. :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:18 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Now all they need is an owner who has a shred of knowledge of the game. :-)
QFT. Or at least an owner whose ego will allow the front office & coaching staffs to do their jobs.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up