Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 45
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Sports>NHL '13-'14 Season Thread
FlyGuy 07:12 AM 12-06-2013
How bout those 74-75 Philadelphia Flyers????
icehog3 09:30 AM 12-06-2013
Any of them still alive? :-)
Ahbroody 09:03 PM 12-06-2013
Every time you start to think this team may have something special they remind you why they will never get it done in their current configuration.
icehog3 10:31 PM 12-06-2013
Only a couple bad games for them, Mike. Hawks are 0-2-1 in their last 3. They had a couple bad losing streaks in each of their SC seasons, sometimes it's a wake up call they use to improve.
drjammer 06:54 AM 12-07-2013
Much better game last night for the Avs. :-)
drjammer 07:30 AM 12-18-2013
It has been too quiet in here :-)

The Avs roller coaster ride continues!
E.J. 07:44 AM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by drjammer:
It has been too quiet in here :-)

The Avs roller coaster ride continues!
Crush the Stars.....lose to the Stars....
GreekGodX 10:29 AM 12-18-2013
Went to the Wings game last night or should I say the Grand Rapids Griffins game at Joe Louis. Too many injuries against a good Ducks team. Was not a good game :-)
icehog3 01:49 PM 12-18-2013
Patrick Kane has points in 22 of his last 23 games, including his 6th GWG last night.

MVP? :-)
dvickery 05:08 PM 12-18-2013
take kane off toews line and his points would drop in half .

toews = mvp ???

just sayin'
derrek
icehog3 11:30 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by dvickery:
take kane off toews line and his points would drop in half .

toews = mvp ???

just sayin'
derrek
Sounds good, Derrek, except Kane and Toews play together on the power play and the odd shift, but the lines this season have been:

Patrick Sharp - Johnny Toews - Marian Hossa

Brandon Saad - Andrew Shaw or Michel Handzus - Patrick Kane

You know I love me some Johnny T...Toews is still one of the top 3 defensive forwards in the league, but Kane's two-way play is vastly improved the last two seasons.

Kaner is second in the NHL in points....if he played with Toews fulltime, I think he would be leaps and bounds ahead of Sid.

Is there a better tandem of the blueline now than Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook? Nope.

Now.....what do we do about Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov? They could use another 2 or 3 David Perron's on that team to show 'em how to play both ends. I wish they would get it together, I'd root for them against every team besides the Hawks.
drjammer 07:29 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Crush the Stars.....lose to the Stars....
Hopefully this is the last time we have to say this for each home and home games here on out :-)
dvickery 09:46 AM 12-19-2013
tom

should know better than to second guess you about the hawks :-) . kieth & seabrook ??? nope(non better) ... but still it takes about 9 nhl caliber d-men in the system to win a stanley cup(the exception being l.a. a few years ago).

the oilers???only time will tell ... I am done b!tching about management & owner ... non of them listen to me anyhoo .

for the record ... toews remains my favorite hawk ... long before ovechkin or Crosby I would take toews for the person to build a team around .

derrek

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sounds good, Derrek, except Kane and Toews play together on the power play and the odd shift, but the lines this season have been:

Patrick Sharp - Johnny Toews - Marian Hossa

Brandon Saad - Andrew Shaw or Michel Handzus - Patrick Kane

You know I love me some Johnny T...Toews is still one of the top 3 defensive forwards in the league, but Kane's two-way play is vastly improved the last two seasons.

Kaner is second in the NHL in points....if he played with Toews fulltime, I think he would be leaps and bounds ahead of Sid.

Is there a better tandem of the blueline now than Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook? Nope.

Now.....what do we do about Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov? They could use another 2 or 3 David Perron's on that team to show 'em how to play both ends. I wish they would get it together, I'd root for them against every team besides the Hawks.

icehog3 10:07 AM 12-19-2013

for the record ... toews remains my favorite hawk ... long before ovechkin or Crosby I would take toews for the person to build a team around .

derrek
On that we agree, Derrek. Proved it to me again last year in the Conference Semifinals....there's no better leader right now in hockey than Johnny Toews. :-)
drjammer 07:27 AM 12-20-2013
Good game for the Avs :-)
E.J. 10:27 AM 12-24-2013
Tough SO loss to the Sharks last night.... That said, what a game(what I watched, I admitted fell asleep and had to check the final this morning).... I did get the kick in the shorts Pavelski score in the last minute....:-)
icehog3 03:15 PM 12-24-2013
I watched the 3rd period live, E.J., what a wild game. :-)
mk05 05:41 PM 12-24-2013
the oilers???only time will tell ...

derrek
Firstly, Oilers need to make the commitment in Ilya. Secondly, they need some players who inspire confidence - not players who are talented. Much of this is picked up off the ice, but you can tell how the team gravitates towards members - and it doesn't have to be the captain, just several guys that create that spark and keep the team in spirits. Darren McCarty comes to mind as the best example...not sure if I'm explaining this correctly, but if you've played team sports, it's that guy you look at to fill the low moments with sincerity and spirit. The most successful of teams will have the biggest share of these players.

Anyway...really looking forward to the Avalanche / Blackhawks game this week. Avalanche, Ducks, Kings, Blues, and Wings are the teams I follow.
E.J. 11:12 PM 12-24-2013
^^^Reading that, love having Landeskog... Appears to be a monster of a leader, even at his young age. Long story short, could not agree more...GREAT TALENT is going to bust if they flounder with leadership.
icehog3 12:15 AM 12-25-2013
The main reason Edmonton brought in Andrew Ference, and brought back Ryan Smyth. Not even some solid leadership can overcome a young, inexperienced, weak defensive core, especially when the young stars look at backchecking as an afterthought.
Page 9 of 45
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up