Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 129
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 10:47 AM 01-21-2009
Week 3
Day 3

Still no work due to weather. No routine is hurting me.

So far only have had some oatmeal and three cups of coffee. Overdid it last night w/ the roast.

Ricky, check in as often as you wish. Everybody keep up the good work. Not as optimistic about this week, but here goes.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:13 AM 01-21-2009
Andy... I'm with you brother... I did get a little over 6 miles walked yesterday between my gym time and what the pedometer said I did at school. However, I didn't go to the gym today because my weekly men's bible study group started back up. I only have a little over a mile on the pedometer as it is so cold down here I can hardly get out (I know I am a whimp and it is nothing for you guys up north!!!).

I should go to the gym this afternoon, but I don't know if I can make it or not.

Last night dinner - Subway spicy Italian sub

Breakfast - bowl of Fiber One
Lunch - leftover brisket chunks with black beans, rice, and collard greens.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:41 AM 01-22-2009
Yesterday was a good day, menuwise. Oatmeal for breakfast, wheat thin and ham for snack, then chicken noodle soup, corn on the cob, and beans for dinner.

Cleaned out the garage yesterday too. Maybe that counts as a little bit of exercise.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:55 AM 01-22-2009
Glad you had a go day Andy!!! I got in 3.26 miles with the pedometer. I did to the gym this morning so I am starting the day at school with 2.93 miles under my belt already.

Dinner last night was a bowl of vegetable beef soup and 2 small slices of french bread

Snack - cheese stick
Lunch - bowl of vegetable beef soup
Dinner will be something on the road to my son's last regular season HS soccer match!!

Have a great day guys.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:32 AM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Glad you had a go day Andy!!! I got in 3.26 miles with the pedometer. I did to the gym this morning so I am starting the day at school with 2.93 miles under my belt already.

Dinner last night was a bowl of vegetable beef soup and 2 small slices of french bread

Snack - cheese stick
Lunch - bowl of vegetable beef soup
Dinner will be something on the road to my son's last regular season HS soccer match!!

Have a great day guys.
Good luck to your son in his last regular season match.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 11:20 AM 01-22-2009
Well, I guess my last day or two made up for my transgressions earlier in the week. I managed a meager drop of .4lbs. Not much, but I was figuring I would be closer to my starting weight.

I'm going to hit the climbing gym again today. I should probably also hit the heavy bag for a while.

Meals are an unknown at this point.
[Reply]
jquirit 04:28 PM 01-22-2009
Gonna swing by old gym to see if I can renew my membership at the old rate. Need to keep on exercising and I no longer have access to the work gym. But, been keeping busy and walking a mile-half each day. Will need to increase it, though.
[Reply]
12stones 08:32 PM 01-22-2009
Tomorrow's the official weigh-in. Today it's been one month since I started this diet. I'm very happy with the results so far. Can't wait to see how the morning is.
[Reply]
12stones 03:58 AM 01-23-2009
Down two lbs for the week! I'm at my lowest weight in over 3 years. And I'm trucking along!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:12 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Down two lbs for the week! I'm at my lowest weight in over 3 years. And I'm trucking along!
That is awesome brother:-)

Keep up the good work.

I just finished at the gym. I upped the treadmill another level. It was just more time at 5.0 mph. It felt good though.

Last night's dinner was a slice of lashon asado (Cuban pork roast) and black beans. There was rice too, but I left if alone.

Breakfast will be a bowl of Fiber One
Snack will be a cheese stick
Lunch is soup again
I may reward myself for dinner and have a steak, small baked potato and salad.

Later folks!
[Reply]
goalie204 06:13 AM 01-23-2009
so it seems that exercise is key. that makes me sad cuz i dislike it. I still haven't started :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:20 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
so it seems that exercise is key. that makes me sad cuz i dislike it. I still haven't started :-)
Believe me brother... I understand!!!

I have always been active and never had much if any weight problems. After 42 or so things started to change and the weight started creeping up. I had never "worked out" so I tried the dieting thing. It works but, for me, not long term. I like to eat what I like to eat. As much as I have despised it, I have been going to the gym pretty much 5 days a week for the last year. I have also paid attention to my portion sizes. My weight is slowly getting back to where I want it and I am actually feeling good after my workouts.

Give it a try for a couple of months and see what you think.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:05 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Awesome! :-) Keep on truckin'!

As much as I have despised it, I have been going to the gym pretty much 5 days a week for the last year.
I despise a lot of it too. We need to figure out some form of exercise that is fun, like playing a sport of some sort.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:10 AM 01-23-2009
Week 3
Day 4

Caught a sinus infection (cold) of some sort and have been out of whack. Pretty much laid in bed after I got home yesterday.
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Sandwich
Dinner: Grilled teryaki chicken strips, w/ roasted potatoes.

Today I feel like crap again, but not as bad as yesterday. Gonna try to get in some Tae-Bo today (don't laugh, it works) if my body feels up to it. There is a lot of pressure in my forehead, my nose is constantly running, and I have an overall run-down feeling. At least I'm back on my routine for the day.

Today's menu:
Breakfast: SlimFast bar: Strawberry Cheesecake
Lunch: three leftover grilled teryaki chicken strips
Dinner: unknown
[Reply]
kayaker 10:16 AM 01-23-2009

I have always been active and never had much if any weight problems. After 42 or so things started to change and the weight started creeping up. I had never "worked out" so I tried the dieting thing. It works but, for me, not long term. I like to eat what I like to eat. As much as I have despised it, I have been going to the gym pretty much 5 days a week for the last year. I have also paid attention to my portion sizes. My weight is slowly getting back to where I want it and I am actually feeling good after my workouts.

The "change" happened to me when I was in my early twenties. I was always a skinny kid who could eat lots of everything. 2nd year university I was 165lbs. Then my metabolism hit a big brick wall.

I haven't got the interest or attention span to "work out", but I love being active in outdoor sports. Kayaking, climbing, mountain biking. But for me it's about being social too. I used to have a 20min bike ride home that I hated. But I could go urban riding for a couple of hours with a friend.

In any case, hopefully you can find an activity that you enjoy and can do easily enough.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:07 PM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
The "change" happened to me when I was in my early twenties. I was always a skinny kid who could eat lots of everything. 2nd year university I was 165lbs. Then my metabolism hit a big brick wall.

I haven't got the interest or attention span to "work out", but I love being active in outdoor sports. Kayaking, climbing, mountain biking. But for me it's about being social too. I used to have a 20min bike ride home that I hated. But I could go urban riding for a couple of hours with a friend.

In any case, hopefully you can find an activity that you enjoy and can do easily enough.
happened in 6th grade for me :-)
[Reply]
pmwz 02:00 PM 01-24-2009
here is my plan for the first month or so:
1 hr/day 5days/week bicycle (way to work)
3/week lifting weights + 30 min cardio
cut down on drinking coke (just on weekends)
drink ~3l water a day
I want to start jogging in a month or so when the weather gets a bit warmer.

weight lifting goal for this year:
bench press 225 8 times
i am going to add goals for other major lifts when i have them figured out
[Reply]
Starscream 12:01 PM 01-25-2009
Yesterday I pulled a two miler and did a little arm work with the dumbells. Gotta get my homework completed today. Hope to get in some more exercise this evening.

Today I ate a fajita taco salad and a ton of chips and salsa. I guess I'm skipping dinner as a result of this big meal. Weigh in is tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:03 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Yesterday I pulled a two miler and did a little arm work with the dumbells. Gotta get my homework completed today. Hope to get in some more exercise this evening.

Today I ate a fajita taco salad and a ton of chips and salsa. I guess I'm skipping dinner as a result of this big meal. Weigh in is tomorrow. :-)
kids?
[Reply]
Starscream 12:07 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
kids?
:-)
Not in this case. But usually, Yes!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 129
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Up