Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The Wolfman
Lonely Raven 05:47 PM 10-12-2011
I got my hook up tonight. Pete is a nice guy. And totally sounds like Seth Rogan.

Box #15 and lighter #35

[Reply]
Lonely Raven 05:49 PM 10-12-2011
I had to get the lighter to get the dress box. The lighter will probably hit eBay, and I'm not sure which box I'm keeping and which goes up as trade bait.

[Reply]
kelmac07 05:53 PM 10-12-2011
Nice haul Eric. Trying to find 1-2 sticks and you snagged two boxes. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 05:55 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Even though they said they wouldn't sell individual sticks, they had three boxes open just for singles. I'm kicking myself for not picking up a couple singles. After I grabbed some food and chatted with Pete, I turned around and all the singles (And their empty boxes) were long gone.

Once I figure out which box I'm keeping for myself, the other will be available. I don't yet have access to b/s/t, and I'm only doing my first newb trade this week. So it will be a little bit yet. I'm sure someone will post some Wolfman for sale/trade soon either way.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:40 PM 10-12-2011
Keep in mind that the regular shipments of non dress boxes have yet to hit the regular dealers shops. Once that happens you should have no problems scoring some. If you have a local Tat dealer call them up and see if you can score a non dress box before they arrive. I tried to gab a couple singles at my local but every box was accounted for so they didn't even have one to put out on the shelves. Not to sound greedy but I am trying to score a non dress box when that happens so I can smoke out of that first.
[Reply]
Starz26 07:28 PM 10-12-2011
Ugh, frustrating. I am in Chicago and I called at 3:30pm to see if they had any dress boxes left for the event before I spent 80.00 on cab fare.

I was told they were all sold out and had no dress or 10ct boxes for the event. Now I see that they did have boxes.

Why can't shops just be straight......I have been to this shop several time before to so.....

Oh well, thems the breaks

Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
I had to get the lighter to get the dress box. The lighter will probably hit eBay, and I'm not sure which box I'm keeping and which goes up as trade bait.

[Reply]
Lonely Raven 07:29 PM 10-12-2011
They had 4 boxes, but you had to buy the $300 lighter to get one.

I'm putting the lighter up on eBay shortly since I only wanted the boxes.
[Reply]
Starz26 07:44 PM 10-12-2011
They had 4 boxes, but you had to buy the $300 lighter to get one.

I'm putting the lighter up on eBay shortly since I only wanted the boxes.
Great, but that's not what they said. They said they were all sold out before the event. Oh, well, not like they needed my money anyway, they are doing just fine and if I was living near there they have a killer lounge.
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:45 PM 10-12-2011
:-) a $300 lighter so you can spend more on cigars. :-) I hope that lighter gives a reach-around
[Reply]
T.G 08:17 PM 10-12-2011
I got my hook up tonight. Pete is a nice guy. And totally sounds like Seth Rogan.
Did you ask him if he was the real Pete Johnson?
[Reply]
Boz 09:44 PM 10-12-2011
I can check with my local and see if they have any left. :-)
[Reply]
RCS44 09:50 PM 10-12-2011
Image[/quote]

Really nice picks!:-)
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 10:23 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
:-) a $300 lighter so you can spend more on cigars. :-) I hope that lighter gives a reach-around
No crap... what a way to sell $300+ lighters!?! I thought it was bad a couple years ago when a certain B&M made me buy another Tat box to get a Monster box. At least I had no problems smoking the cigars... but to have to buy a DuPont??? :-)

btw, good luck on selling the lighter brother... I've had buyers remorse after events and it's no fun! Not saying you do, but just hoping someone will want that lighter.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 12:14 AM 10-13-2011
Making you buy a lighter is not cool at all, I consider that bad business practices and would never visit such a store that had that kind of requirement. The Seattle store has a lottery for dress boxes and is only allowing people to buy two sticks from the regular boxes. I can see how that might anger some but I think it is a good way to allow all of thee customers to get a taste...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 01:05 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Making you buy a lighter is not cool at all, I consider that bad business practices and would never visit such a store that had that kind of requirement.
I guess if Pete was there he could have put a stop to it. Apparently he was cool with it.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:14 AM 10-13-2011
I'm with Mychal, Ryan and the Admiral. $300 for a $125 lighter with "Tatuaje" on it. Way to go Pete :-) :-)
[Reply]
Remo 04:21 AM 10-13-2011
In case anyone is interested the Wolfman goes on sale at NHC today at 1:00 PM EST and then again on Saturday at 8:00 AM EST.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:25 AM 10-13-2011
The requirement to buy the lighter in order to get a dress box is crap, IMO. I think the pricing on those in the first place is beyond ridiculous. I ended up winning the Face set at an event earlier this year and while the lighter is the best torch I've ever used, it's certainly not worth the price they're charging for them. In fact, I would have a hard time paying the $125 the regular Maxijet goes for when it isn't branded.

And yeah, I wouldn't count on being able to recoup that cost on ebay. Maybe in 6 months or so if these are no longer available you might be able to get a decent amount for one, but I wouldn't count on these things selling out. There are still Face sets available.
[Reply]
Dunkel 07:36 AM 10-13-2011
Every year P.T. finds a new way to prison poke people if they want to get ahold of his Halloween release. Every year people line up to be prison poked. I guess they enjoy it. "Squeal! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 07:37 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Did you ask him if he was the real Pete Johnson?
I couldn't bring myself to ask. I still don't understand why you guys think there is a fake running around. And besides, the dude is BIG! He was 6'1" and broad shouldered and big armed. OH! I think I realized who he reminds me of!

Jeffery Dean Morgan! Image

Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
btw, good luck on selling the lighter brother... I've had buyers remorse after events and it's no fun! Not saying you do, but just hoping someone will want that lighter.
I totally have buyers remorse...I just wanted two boxes of Wolfman, one to trade/smoke and one to put in storage for a few years.

Originally Posted by Bill86:
I'm with Mychal, Ryan and the Admiral. $300 for a $125 lighter with "Tatuaje" on it. Way to go Pete :-) :-)
My feelings exactly. But the odd thing, it seemed like he had nothing to do with the cigars...there were these really pushy used car salesmen types there pushing boxes of tat into peoples arms. I was going to walk away till I saw two of the 4 boxes of Tats get up and sell as I was debating the purchase.

Originally Posted by ktblunden:
The requirement to buy the lighter in order to get a dress box is crap, IMO. I think the pricing on those in the first place is beyond ridiculous. I ended up winning the Face set at an event earlier this year and while the lighter is the best torch I've ever used, it's certainly not worth the price they're charging for them. In fact, I would have a hard time paying the $125 the regular Maxijet goes for when it isn't branded.

And yeah, I wouldn't count on being able to recoup that cost on ebay. Maybe in 6 months or so if these are no longer available you might be able to get a decent amount for one, but I wouldn't count on these things selling out. There are still Face sets available.
Funny you mention that. The used car salesmen type pushing the sticks bragged about how the lighter was going to go up by $100 in the next year. And I responded with, "yeah, and that's why The Face lighter is selling on eBay for $200 right now".

But I still bought one. No one said I was smart. :-) Anyone want a lighter?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up