Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 104
« First < 789 10111959 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
dabigdog 10:51 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
To be fair to Savard, they should have let him go before the season...I know the Hawks didn't hire Quenneville to be a "scout".

Toews (20), Kane (20), Sharp (26), Keith (25), Seabrook (23), Barker 22), Bolland (22), Versteeg (22), Ladd (22), Brouwer (23), Byfuglien (23), Havlat )27), and even Campbell at 29....the Hawks have built quite a foundation the last couple years.

But I still don't wanna face the Sharks in the playoffs right now! :-)
A lot of excellent young players, but with all of the 5 / 6 million dollar 5-10 year contracts kicking around, will the Hawks be able to keep everyone? Probably not, but here's hoping they keep the right ones :-) I love watching young up and comming teams like Chicago, Montreal, and Phoenix. Yes, I know, PHoenix has a ways to go, but still, they should be there in a year or two.

Go Canucks!!!
icehog3 11:21 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by dabigdog:
A lot of excellent young players, but with all of the 5 / 6 million dollar 5-10 year contracts kicking around, will the Hawks be able to keep everyone? Probably not, but here's hoping they keep the right ones :-)
Exactly....what happens when Toews and Kane are done with the first contracts, and want their due? An excellent point, but not a worry until next year at least.

The Hawks could free up $10 Million+ by dumping Sopel, Byfuglien, and trading one of their goalies (preferably Huet at this point) and bringing up either of the excellent prospects (Crawford or Mitti) from the Icehogs.
icehog3 01:53 AM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by ESPN.com:
Claude Lemieux has signed a tryout contract with the San Jose Sharks in hopes of returning to the NHL after a five-year absence.

The 43-year-old Lemieux is expected to report to the Sharks' AHL affiliate in Worcester this week, San Jose spokesman Scott Emmert said Monday
The Turtle returns....hope McCarty is there to "greet" him. Image

taltos 05:09 AM 11-25-2008
He will also get a warm welcome in Boston. Hope that he lives through his welcome.:-)
Deucer 11:12 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Turtle returns....hope McCarty is there to "greet" him. Image

I have no idea why a team playing so well right now would try a stunt like this...
icehog3 11:43 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Deucer:
I have no idea why a team playing so well right now would try a stunt like this...
I am thinking he never makes it out of the Minors....maybe the farm team is having attendence problems.
taltos 04:50 AM 11-30-2008
Looks like it might be time to take the Bruins seriously. Hope that it lasts for the season.:-)
icehog3 08:27 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
Looks like it might be time to take the Bruins seriously. Hope that it lasts for the season.:-)
They sure handled the Wings. :-)

The Hawks have lost 3 straight to end the road trip after winning the first 3 (7 points total in 6 games). I will be sitting on the glass behind the Hawks net on Wednesday, hopefully they will start a new win streak then.
Goz 02:46 PM 12-02-2008
That last one was especially disappointing.
romwarrior 02:55 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Goz:
That last one was especially disappointing.
<----- What are you trying to say??? :-):-)

But seriously, they need Khabibulin back...
South Shield 03:41 PM 12-02-2008
Anyone else find Steve Avery to be really funny, just not glad he is on your team. I love him on Dallas, he has single handily destroyed the Sharks biggest rival

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip117996#clip117996
icehog3 04:22 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by South Shield:
Anyone else find Steve Avery to be really funny, just not glad he is on your team. I love him on Dallas, he has single handily destroyed the Sharks biggest rival

No offense, but I find Sean Avery to be a complete and utter asswipe....and yup, I am glad he is not on the Hawks. :-)
romwarrior 04:47 PM 12-02-2008
I used to think Avery was just misunderstood and that he did most things just for publicity, but the more stories I hear about him the more I have to agree with Tom. He is a lot more talented than most give him credit for, but he has some major mental problems and is a cancer to most locker rooms it seems. Except for the Rangers. Can't figure that one out. Nonetheless I am so thankful the Kings got rid of him.
icehog3 05:05 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
I used to think Avery was just misunderstood and that he did most things just for publicity, but the more stories I hear about him the more I have to agree with Tom. He is a lot more talented than most give him credit for, but he has some major mental problems and is a cancer to most locker rooms it seems. Except for the Rangers. Can't figure that one out. Nonetheless I am so thankful the Kings got rid of him.
Yup. :-)

Hockey is a team sport. I'm my mind, Sean Avery is all about Sean Avery. :-)
icehog3 07:44 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by South Shield:

Originally Posted by ESPN.com:
DALLAS -- Sean Avery was suspended indefinitely by the NHL on Tuesday, hours after the Dallas Stars forward made a crude reference to former girlfriends while talking with reporters.

"I completely support the league's decision to suspend Sean Avery," Stars owner Tom Hicks said in a statement. "Had the league not have suspended him, the Dallas Stars would have. This organization will not tolerate such behavior, especially from a member of our hockey team. We hold our team to a higher standard and will continue to do so."
Throw the POS out of the league as far as I am concerned. :-)
ahc4353 08:02 PM 12-02-2008
He just doesn't know when to shut his yap. If he would keep it shut OFF the ice he would be fine. Once I figure out how to do that I will tell the Rangers to bring him back. :-)
icehog3 08:04 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
He just doesn't know when to shut his yap. If he would keep it shut OFF the ice he would be fine. Once I figure out how to do that I will tell the Rangers to bring him back. :-)
Hope it's......NEVER! :-)
King James 05:49 PM 12-08-2008
watching buffalo/pitt game on versus. I don't have any sort of hockey package so like when versus plays a game! especially in hd
taltos 09:01 PM 12-08-2008
Bruins just keep on rolling.:-)
icehog3 09:11 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
Bruins just keep on rolling.:-)
They look good, Paul, though they let the Lightning slip back into the game tonight.

Anyone see Johnny Toews goal against the Wings Saturday night? Absolutely amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJSmkgb1hzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdOfrEQ2Cg
Page 9 of 104
« First < 789 10111959 > Last »
Up