Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 789 10 >
Entertainment>"Boardwalk Empire" Season 1 Banter
Bill86 03:21 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
I'm w/ya Tom. It not be becoming of a gentleman to turn a lady away :-)
As long as she is still a lady :-) :-) (not talking about Paz de la Huerta).
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:31 PM 11-28-2010
Another great episode tonight. Can't wait for the finale next Sunday
[Reply]
Martel 08:51 PM 11-28-2010
Interesting that the Commodore is Jimmy's father... looks like he makes a full recovery.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
Bill86 02:30 AM 11-29-2010
This episode was quite slow. I don't want to say it was boring but it definitely was one of the story/filler episodes without much excitement. Jimmys gotta deal with his wife. The agent kills his partner. I hope the last episode is EPIC. We'll see.......
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:00 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
This episode was quite slow. I don't want to say it was boring but it definitely was one of the story/filler episodes without much excitement. Jimmys gotta deal with his wife. The agent kills his partner. I hope the last episode is EPIC. We'll see.......
One thing I didn't like last night was no nudity :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:17 AM 11-29-2010
Lots of underling drama in this one. I thought Nucky was Jimmys Dad. And yeah kind of a let down about the nudity:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 12:06 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
One thing I didn't like last night was no nudity :-)
I didn't want to be the FIRST person to mention that.

But one thing that sucked last night was there was no TnA.

Also no shootings if I'm not mistaken.

The only death was a boring drowning.....MEH

Wow bummer.
[Reply]
x man 12:32 PM 11-29-2010
Jimmy`s mom[Gretchen Moll of Rounders fame]was poisoning his dad,
probably with the help of the maid. Lots of groundwork was laid[although no one got laid yesterday]for the finale and next season. I think the writers are wingin it as they go, pretty much. Promises to be better and better.
[Reply]
Martel 03:51 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I didn't want to be the FIRST person to mention that.

But one thing that sucked last night was there was no TnA.

Also no shootings if I'm not mistaken.

The only death was a boring drowning.....MEH

Wow bummer.
Wait until next week... I'll bet something really bad is going to happen to the Italian brothers. :-)

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
Bill86 04:41 PM 11-29-2010
I really hope the finale is a full 60 minutes of pure bliss. There better be LOTS of bodies.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:35 AM 11-30-2010
some episodes this show is great, others slow
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:50 AM 11-30-2010
This was one of my favorite episodes in this show. Good progression on all the major story lines. Margaret left, no idea where she's gone yet. Jimmy reconnected a little with his dad, and we found out who he was, as well as some additional developments with his mother and wife. The wife just pisses me off. At least Margaret and the mom are presented as strong females, who know what they want and are willing to take risks to get it. Interesting that they choose to present that behaviour in two regular characters who practice one version or another of the oldest profession. The wife is just annoying, blowing whichever way the wind blows, taking the easiest path. Jimmy knows it, the only question is what does he plan to do about it. No Chalky this week, but I think we'll be seeing more of him next week. And Richard, the tin mask guy, is awesome, asking Nucky if he wants the families of those guys killed in Philly. First the mother, then the sisters, then the dentist. Delivery on that line was priceless.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:54 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
This was one of my favorite episodes in this show. Good progression on all the major story lines. Margaret left, no idea where she's gone yet. Jimmy reconnected a little with his dad, and we found out who he was, as well as some additional developments with his mother and wife. The wife just pisses me off. At least Margaret and the mom are presented as strong females, who know what they want and are willing to take risks to get it. Interesting that they choose to present that behaviour in two regular characters who practice one version or another of the oldest profession. The wife is just annoying, blowing whichever way the wind blows, taking the easiest path. Jimmy knows it, the only question is what does he plan to do about it. No Chalky this week, but I think we'll be seeing more of him next week. And Richard, the tin mask guy, is awesome, asking Nucky if he wants the families of those guys killed in Philly. First the mother, then the sisters, then the dentist. Delivery on that line was priceless.
I agree with your post 100%
[Reply]
x man 11:53 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
I also agree, 100%, the masked man is doing a great job of acting, he even has me spooked.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:19 PM 11-30-2010
Some of the comments here remind me of an old Richard Pryor routine on boxing:

"It wasn't a very good fight....no one got killed".

It's like saying a hockey game can't be a good game unless there are a bunch of fights. I disagree.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:51 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

It's like saying a hockey game can't be a good game unless there are a bunch of fights. I disagree.
You're correct. Except if the game is boring and no one is scoring, a few good fights will pick things up a bit. Not saying it make or breaks it but it definitely brings up some excitement in a non-exciting game. The game can still suck sure but at least there would be a highlight or two.

In your language say you're smoking a Gurkha, you immediately want to forget about it. But what if 2 draws in you see 5 sluts take off their shirts? Still a bad cigar but hey.....it was an experience with some highlights/excitement, no?

*note I'm referring to attractive sluts with nice knockers, not that you care....but still*
[Reply]
icehog3 04:06 PM 11-30-2010
You crack me up, Bill! :-)
[Reply]
Martel 05:35 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

:-) I thought it was a great episode...

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
Powers 06:56 PM 11-30-2010
This episode really was about showing the dynamics of the characters. It was classic format for one of the last episodes of any drama: leave ya w/a few cliff hangers and have the characters at a crossroads.

I think Nicky's brother has the potential to be a rival or try to oust Nucky, maybe a long term Freddio character as in The Godfather
[Reply]
Superbad 07:11 PM 11-30-2010
I am looking forward to the next episode. Margret leaving was a little unexpected for me, I am curious how it will play out for her.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 789 10 >
Up