Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 39
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2010 Banter
kelmac07 10:06 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I agree they need to fire Omar. I have never liked him from day one. They would be smart to hire JP Ricardi the former Blue Jays GM.
I agree!!! Mets need some new blood in the front office.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:07 PM 04-13-2010
JP is just hanging out at Baseball Tonight right now waiting for the right job to come along.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:09 PM 04-13-2010
JP is just hanging out at Baseball Tonight right now waiting for the right job to come along.
Watching it too. :-) Look at what he did the last few years with no payroll...imagine what he could do with some money in New York. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:12 PM 04-13-2010
What I like about JP is he does not lok at the flashy stuff. He worries about OBP with his hitters and defense. Look at the 3 best teams in baseball the last few years. Yankees, Red Sox & Phillies. They all are great with OBP.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:54 AM 04-14-2010
What I like about JP is he does not lok at the flashy stuff. He worries about OBP with his hitters and defense. Look at the 3 best teams in baseball the last few years. Yankees, Red Sox & Phillies. They all are great with OBP.
JP Ricciardi? Really? I think he did a terrible job in Toronto. He banged out one decent season winning season where they finished second, with a much expanded payroll than any of his predecessors. And this is the same guy who ripped on his fans for not wanting Adam Dunn, cause Dunn wasn't a gamer, and later totally mishandled Doc last year. He made a few decent free agent signings, but overall he was a flop in Toronto.

Mets should try to snare John Hart. Everywhere he goes he helps build a winning foundation.
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:35 AM 04-14-2010
:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 05:55 PM 04-14-2010
If the Blue Jays were in the the AL Central or West they would have been in the race for a playoff spot. Having to play 56 games against the Yankees, Red Sox & Rays each year is not an easy feat.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:20 PM 04-14-2010
If the Blue Jays were in the the AL Central or West they would have been in the race for a playoff spot. Having to play 56 games against the Yankees, Red Sox & Rays each year is not an easy feat.
But the Rays did it with a much smaller payroll and no big free agent signings. Maybe the Mets should try to tempt Andrew Friedman away from Tampa :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:06 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
But the Rays did it with a much smaller payroll and no big free agent signings. Maybe the Mets should try to tempt Andrew Friedman away from Tampa :-)
Right now I'd take Donald Duck over Omar Minaya!!!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:13 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Right now I'd take Donald Duck over Omar Minaya!!!
:-) BRILLIANT! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:28 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
:-) BRILLIANT! :-)
Gotta figure he can't do any worse. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:33 PM 04-14-2010
Gotta figure he can't do any worse. :-)
Season is young still, be careful what you say.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:18 PM 04-14-2010
Mets lose yet another one tonight...the rookie Mejia gave up a HR in the 10th. :-)
[Reply]
nayslayer 04:44 AM 04-15-2010
Glad I fell asleep
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:32 AM 04-15-2010
Mets lose yet another one tonight...the rookie Mejia gave up a HR in the 10th. :-)
Mac....met a guy last nite at the Philly Cigar Club herf at Mahogany's....Mets fan.....Quote of the day (on being a Mets fan) :"Every day is like a kick in the b*lls!" :-)
Classic.....feel for you brother!
[Reply]
The Poet 01:44 PM 04-15-2010
Look on the bright side, Mac - your Mets have more wins than the 'Stros and O's together!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:27 PM 04-15-2010
And that is supposed to make me feel better Thomas? :-) :-) And Keith...exactly...a swift kick to the nads!!! OUCH!!!!

HEY...we won today...and actually shut the Rockies out. Gonna savor this one!!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:17 PM 04-16-2010
And that is supposed to make me feel better Thomas? :-) :-)
Well, let's see how this makes you feel: The New York Daily News says the Mets are considering replacing Manuel with . . . are you ready for this? . . . Bobby Valentine.

Keep in mind, it's the Daily Gnus, and we've not only heard it before, but we've actually seen it before too. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:04 PM 04-16-2010
At least Bobby V proved he could WIN in New York...something Omar has yet to do.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:08 PM 04-16-2010
I flipped the Mets game on just in time to see the Grand Slam by the Cardinals. Sorry Mac.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 39
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up