Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test Thread #2
DBall 09:00 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
LOL i just read my post, I meant to say I wouldnt mind DONATING not donated my sticks to something similiar like this, sorry for the mixup-please do not think I was fishing for smokes, Its the complete opposite, I need to read what I type from now on before I press send
no problem, man... thanks for the offer (and the clarification).

Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Here you go. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21549
Thanks, Joel. :-)
[Reply]
MTBAlex 07:14 PM 03-25-2010
It seems all the cigars that I smoke take from 1-1.5 hours. Even my RyJ short churchills take 1-1.5 hours! Is that normal? If i smoke one of these, it'll take me half a day.
[Reply]
Montano 08:46 AM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by MTBAlex:
how long does this last cig smoke? less than an hour?
I would guess it was about an hour and 15 minutes. I'm not keeping track of that though.
[Reply]
tomc3084 09:38 AM 03-27-2010
I cannot wait for the next review!!! This is, hands down, the best thread ever, thanks for this DBall!
[Reply]
Riff Raff 10:06 AM 03-27-2010
Sorry for the delay. My fault. I have no excuse. Number 8 is up Dan!
[Reply]
Montano 09:26 AM 03-28-2010
Number 8 is in the books :-)
[Reply]
DBall 12:02 PM 03-31-2010
Montano Cigar #8

This cigar appears to have a bit of age on it. The wrapper is on the wrinkly side. Per-light draw is a bit tight, which now seems to be the norm for CC's.

The first draw is very similar to the other CC's I've been smoking. I think I'm finally getting used to that particular flavor.

The cigar has a smooth creamy flavor, with a light buttery note. Again, very similar to the other cigars I've been reviewing. The draw has loosened up just a touch and the smoke is very enjoyable.

Moving along towards the end, the creaminess gives way to a meaty tobacco flavor. This continues for the remainder of the cigar. Although this one was very mild, it did have some nice flavor.

I took this one to the nub, as I was enjoying the day and the cigar. A very relaxing smoke that would pair well with a cup of coffee.

I give this one an 8.5
[Reply]
DBall 12:05 PM 03-31-2010
Riff Raff Cigar #8

Okay, so now it is getting down to the wire! Here is the eighth installment of DBall's Newbie Blind Taste Test #2, the Sequel.....Return of Some Newbs....or something like that. I got my "Danger Mouse" hat on for this one. Driving, smoking, taking pictures, and writing a review all at the same time. Yeah, I live on the hairy edge like that. I know, I know. ESPN is calling me to be in the next X-GAMES. Just another adrenaline junkie! Dude, I am SOO extreme!

Now that the pleasantries are over, lets get down to bidness (I am in the south, I am allowed to say bidness!).

The ole calibrated eyeball says that it is approximately (don't you just love how a calibrated eyeball can only approximate?) 5.5 X 42. There are some green spots but no soft spots. Nice construction.

Pre-light: A bit grassy. But I have found that most of DBall's jewels have that characteristic.

By the way, that is my office. Pretty nice accommodations huh? You guys can keep your corner offices! Give me a tin roofed brick building with no windows any day!

First Light: Pepper. Lots of pepper. A firm draw. Firmer that I would like. Not much smoke either. The ash is a nice dark gray.

1/3rd: Still lots of pepper in this smoke. Grassy elements too. There is a hint of toast as well.

2/3rd: Still a bit grassy with some nice tobacco flavors coming through. There are some earth and leather flavors poking in there as well. On the snork there are some floral flavors.

Safely home. I had you worried didn't I? Thanks for your concern, but you must realize, I am a professional. Don't try this at home. Or at the office. Or on your way from the office to the home. Or from the.....never mind. You get it.

3/3rd: Some wonderful sweet tobacco flavors coming through now. There are woody elements as well.

Overall: This was a decent smoke. Not great by any means, but there were some really good flavors in here. I would consider this smoke. It doesn't really stand out though. I give it an 8.5.

Have fun sports fans!
[Reply]
DBall 12:08 PM 03-31-2010
What they smoked:

2000 Rafael Gonzalez Petite Corona

Montano score: 8.5
Riff Raff score: 8.5

Holy friggin crap! That's the first time we've had two identical scores.

Awesome, guys!

2 left........... :-)
[Reply]
MarioF 12:37 PM 03-31-2010
Awesome review and for both of them to give it the same score is amazing, especially since they were so far apart on number 1. I love this thread!! Is Rafael Gonzalez easy to find?
[Reply]
MortonMilo 04:23 PM 03-31-2010
They must have cheated! Can't go from such a difference in scores to parity in a mere 8 ratings!
[Reply]
Barteur 05:35 PM 03-31-2010
I love this thread, great reviews guys
[Reply]
MTBAlex 05:52 PM 03-31-2010
question for riff raff: how the heck do you drive, hold the cigar steady after smoking almost all of it, AND take a picture at the same time?
[Reply]
Riff Raff 04:50 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by MTBAlex:
question for riff raff: how the heck do you drive, hold the cigar steady after smoking almost all of it, AND take a picture at the same time?
Well, its a gift. You know...like a God given talent. Also, it is called the Carolina back roads. If you stay on the pavement, you should be okay! :-) Now if I could just manage how to make money at it, I might have something going on!:-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 05:43 AM 04-01-2010
yes if you look in the right places gonzalez petits can be had at a descent price, 150 and up for 25, which if you think about it, compared to other great pc this one is expensive, the only pc more expensive is siglo 2's and by just a hair...
[Reply]
macsauce13 07:51 AM 04-01-2010
This thread is one of the biggest reasons I joined CA. Thanks for this!
[Reply]
DBall 01:22 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:

Awesome!!! :-)
[Reply]
Riff Raff 04:47 AM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:

That is so cool! I am just thankful I could be a part of it!
[Reply]
Montano 06:09 PM 04-03-2010
It sure has been fun so far :-)
[Reply]
Riff Raff 04:24 PM 04-06-2010
Ooooooh! Number 9 is up! Aren't you all just aquiver with anticipation? Hmmm? :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up