Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 31
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:21 AM 02-13-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
If it is true that the Braves offered $4M 1yr, White Sox offered $3.5M 1yr, and the Tigers $14M 2 yr, I would put my money on Detroit.
Thats where I thought he will end up. The 2 year deal is what Damon is looking for.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:19 PM 02-13-2010
The Big Hurt talks about his accomplishments and his path to get where he is. Imo, the BEST hitter the White Sox have ever seen. His numbers show.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:59 PM 02-14-2010
The D-backs avoided arbitration with Edwin Jackson on Sunday night by agreeing to a two-year contract with the recently acquired right-hander.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:05 PM 02-14-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Thats where I thought he will end up. The 2 year deal is what Damon is looking for.
Gonna be hard going back to those losing ways...but then again...he had years of practice with Kansas City. :-) :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:17 AM 02-15-2010
Mark Mulder is going to be retiring. Has not done much since rotator cufff surgery September 2006.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:39 AM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Gonna be hard going back to those losing ways...but then again...he had years of practice with Kansas City. :-) :-)
Same holds true for Carlos Beltran when he comes off the DL :-):-):-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:08 AM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
And the hits just keep on coming. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Whynot 02:02 PM 02-15-2010
Mark Mulder is going to be retiring. Has not done much since rotator cufff surgery September 2006.
It seemed like such a good move at the time. Dan Haren is a stud now, and Mulder ate up a lot of money. He busted his a$$ rehabbing and I wish it could have worked for him. His agent is saying he is not retired.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:23 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
:-):-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:21 AM 02-17-2010
Mark McGwire arrived at the Cardinals' Spring Training camp today and got right to work:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:25 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Mark McGwire arrived at the Cardinals' Spring Training camp today and got right to work:-)
Injecting? :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:26 AM 02-17-2010
Injecting? :-)
bingo:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:27 AM 02-17-2010
It is a wonderful day today now that Spring Training is here.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 10:30 AM 02-17-2010
:-)

Now, just marking Xs on the calendar until Opening Day. :-)

My problem is that I need to decide what team to root for. I've reached a strange point in my baseball fan life: I statyed away from MLB for 17 years. I still feel a few tugs of loyalty to my favorite teams from my teenage years but not the normal undying, FAN loyalty. It's almost as though I'm free to find new favorites, or even to root for everyone. I don't know, just rambling I guess. I'm just excited about spring training and a new season for the first time in almost two decades so I'd probably root for 9 drunk gophers if you could just put gloves and spikes on 'em and get 'em on the field! :-)

So, who to root for?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:30 AM 02-17-2010
Finally.....
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:31 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:

That will be an even better day
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:03 PM 02-17-2010

My problem is that I need to decide what team to root for. I've reached a strange point in my baseball fan life: I statyed away from MLB for 17 years. I still feel a few tugs of loyalty to my favorite teams from my teenage years but not the normal undying, FAN loyalty. It's almost as though I'm free to find new favorites, or even to root for everyone. I don't know, just rambling I guess. I'm just excited about spring training and a new season for the first time in almost two decades so I'd probably root for 9 drunk gophers if you could just put gloves and spikes on 'em and get 'em on the field! :-)

So, who to root for?
So many choices. It's actually pretty tough to narrow down on one team. I've been a lifelong Yankees fan, but I love good baseball and often find myself rooting for teams that play good ball. And i've always had a soft spot for the Tigers, my first ball game was a Yanks/Tigers game back in 86, I find myself rooting for them when they aren't playing the Yanks.

And then sometimes I find myself rooting for the underdogs, but only in the National League. I catch a lot of Nationals games in my parts, find myself hoping they have a better year. And if they or the Yankees aren't on, i'll pretty much root for whoever is playing against the Mets :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:09 PM 02-17-2010

So, who to root for?

Which team did you root for in the past?
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:24 PM 02-17-2010
Oh yeah!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
qwerty1500 02:29 PM 02-17-2010
:-) It's been a long winter.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 31
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up