Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Sports>Pacquiao-Mayweather bout gaining ground
icehog3 01:39 PM 01-28-2015
Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 07:37 PM 01-29-2015
I might watch, but I ain't paying for it! I'll watch the re-run on HBO. Those two should have fought years ago.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:10 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech:
I might watch, but I ain't paying for it! I'll watch the re-run on HBO. Those two should have fought years ago.
I will definitely watch live, mosty likely at one of the local sports bars that will have it for $5 or $10.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:39 PM 01-30-2015
Promoter Bob Arum said today that Pacquiao-Mayweather will be finalized within 2 to 3 days.
[Reply]
afranco 07:45 PM 01-30-2015
I will pay to watch it !!! Goo Manny
[Reply]
icehog3 04:51 PM 02-01-2015
“MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO DEAL DONE ... Fight Set” read the headline, setting in motion a social media meltdown of the highest order.

There’s one problem: The story was incorrect.

Mayweather shot down the story Saturday, posting a message to his social media (with a photo of himself in a hammock): “Laying back, relaxing, enjoying good weather, palm trees and pina coladas. While they continue to lie about making the fight… I’m just going to continue to travel and explore the world on my private jet. #FightNotMadeYet”

ESPN senior boxing writer Dan Rafael discusses Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s and Manny Pacquiao's private meeting.

Showtime Sports general manager Stephen Espinoza, who is involved in the negotiations, wrote on Twitter after the story was posted, “TMZ usually has good sources. This time, not so much.”

Sources from both sides directly involved in the fight also told ESPN.com that the fight is most definitely not set at this point.

“Not true,” one of the sources said.

Another said of the story, “Absolutely untrue. We still have significant unresolved issues. Nothing is happening before mid next week at the soonest. Not that close on deal terms.”

While many are hopeful the fight will finalized -- May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas is the date and venue if a deal is completed -- there are still a number of issues, mainly on the broadcasting side.

Showtime, which has Mayweather under contract, and HBO, which has a deal with Pacquiao, are trying to work through the details of what would be a joint pay-per-view telecast for what would undoubtedly be the richest fight in boxing history.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 04:28 PM 02-20-2015
Fight is official!! May 2nd :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:31 PM 02-20-2015

Manny: "I must break you:".
Bigmouth: "Go for it".

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DBall 09:16 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Until Mayweather backs out again! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:33 PM 02-20-2015
I think Bigmouth's ego is too big for that, but I guess we will see.

Who's in for Vegas? :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:52 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Can't wait! Who do you think will win?
[Reply]
c2000 06:12 AM 02-21-2015
Mayweather will win,,Pacquiao is washed up and he is looking for a final big payday.

Bert Sugar in Minnesota.
[Reply]
shilala 10:00 AM 02-21-2015
The kid says he's gonna order the fight here and split the cost up amongst his buds.
Me and Weeze will throw some money at it, she digs boxing, too.

I think Pacquiao can get under Mayweather. And I don't think the mouth will take him seriously. And I think Mayweather is scared of him.
I'd just like to see a good fight, really. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 11:58 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Bob Arum. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 01:05 PM 02-21-2015
Mayweather wins. What will be interesting to watch is the early rounds. Those are the rounds Mayweather usually gets tagged and he has never seen anyone with Pacquiao's punching speed. Pacquiao could do a lot of damage early and switch things up when Mayweather thinks he knows what Pacquiao is gonna do. It will be close and I think we will see some fireworks.

60-40 money split for Mayweather, that is a big win. Especially when he doesn't have a promotor hanging over his head.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:27 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think Bigmouth's ego is too big for that, but I guess we will see.

Who's in for Vegas? :-)
Is that what you call the man cave?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:37 AM 02-22-2015
THat's what I call the MGM Grand. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:46 AM 02-22-2015
that would be an awesome trip to make.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:50 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect:
that would be an awesome trip to make.
F***in' A, Bubba! :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:38 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Originally Posted by DBall:
Bob Arum. :-)
^ This

Although they are saying the fighters will take as much as $100 million a piece for this fight. Would have been more exciting if they fought 5 years ago and they were both still young, I would also be happy if Bieber fought in place of Mayweather... I'd even pay to see that one.

Originally Posted by icehog3:

Who's in for San Diego! :-)
Fixed it for ya, Tom. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up