TripleF 02:38 PM 11-11-2010
Knice Knives bro. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 02:39 PM 11-11-2010
Thanks boss. Woot woot!
[Reply]
LostAbbott 02:44 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
I certainly want one of thems! The Kestrel is an awesome design. I just ordered the LUDT.

Curious, How had the black finish held up on yours? Im planning on EDCing mine.

As for Kelly. That is an awesome knife. I love Benchmades and the Made in USA is certainly a feature Im willing to pay a bit more for.

I think it is time for a family photo of my collection. :-)

The black finish is still in perfect condition, and I have carried that knife for about a years worth of time over the 6 or 7 years I have had it. Also the 154cm is IMO the best knife steel, easy to work with and holds and edge for ever. The Kestrel is one of my favorite knives really cool design and fits very comfortable in my hand, the blade shape is also extremely useful.
[Reply]
poker 07:14 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Unreal. Was showing my father my new Benchmade last night, and he sees the butterfly logo on the blade. He says "Hey I think thats the same logo on the knife you gave me like 10-12 years ago."
We go out to his car where he has it in the driver door side pocket. He pulls out a knife I forgot all about that I had acquired somehow (I cant remember).

Its an old automatic Benchmade/Balisong Emerson Design. Its kinda filthy, so I take it apart and clean it up. Man this thing is big. Its not fast but it opens with authority.

Pics coming soon.

Cracks me up. 79 year old Japanese man with a huge switchblade in his car door pocket. :-)

Here are a few pics:
Attached: benchmade 001.jpg (41.3 KB) benchmade 002.jpg (39.5 KB) benchmade 003.jpg (36.9 KB) 
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:17 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Here are a few pics:
Beautiful. Love the design.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:41 AM 11-15-2010
Because I was losing money if I diddnt buy it. :-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 04:28 PM 11-15-2010
Because I was losing money if I diddnt buy it. :-)
Losing money? How? Got the Benchmade today. It is freaking tiny.. Way smaller than I was thinking for some reason, Returning it for this knife, but black on black with silver screws, plain edge.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:40 PM 11-15-2010
If I was getting a Microtech Auto I would just get an OTF, in fact once I get a job I see a shiny new Halo III in my near future.

If you're getting an LUDT get an old one. I've heard bad things about most new Microtechs. Poor quality....the old stuff was better.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:03 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Losing money? How? Got the Benchmade today. It is freaking tiny.. Way smaller than I was thinking for some reason, Returning it for this knife, but black on black with silver screws, plain edge.
"Losing money not buying it" Just a saying to justify my purchase. The LUDT is a fantastic knife based on my first impression test. Fires with authority and has a solid lockup up down and side to side. And will fillet notebook paper. The finish while very durable (after dropping it off the counter onto slate floors) does have a unique feel to it.

Originally Posted by :
If I was getting a Microtech Auto I would just get an OTF, in fact once I get a job I see a shiny new Halo III in my near future.
The Halo III is a wonderful knife but for the price Id want something auto retracting. Unless its for a collection.

At double the price for roughly the same size as the benchmade? This doesn't make sense. The UTX 70 is a key chain knife and the UTX 85 isn't much larger than the mini grip. I will say with every OTF ive ever handles ther is always blade play side to side and up and down. Its the nature of the beast, however, locking in the out position is rock solid and very reliable.

Originally Posted by :
If you're getting an LUDT get an old one. I've heard bad things about most new Microtechs. Poor quality....the old stuff was better.
I would love to see where youve found this information.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:58 PM 11-15-2010
comparison. The UTX 85 (3.1")is pretty close lengthwise to the LUDT (3.4") but the LUDT has far more belly and would serve better in the EDC role IMO, and the Benchmade is too small unless you are looking for a sheeple friendly knife.

:note: serial numbers removed so no one steals and trys to misrepresent my picture.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 12:17 AM 11-16-2010
dammnit wolf that is not helpful. I had just given up on the microtech and decided on a pro-tech Monaco, which looks pretty damn cool to me... I think I will go that way anyway but the LUDT does look totally bad ass as well...
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:24 AM 11-16-2010
If looks is the final factor thats up to you. But for less money you get a better blade steel CPM S30V opposed to the 154CM of the Protec. Im sure you'll be happy either way
[Reply]
longknocker 04:09 AM 11-16-2010
My Favorite Auto: Microtech L-UDT From 2006. Awesome Knife That Resharpens Easily!:-)

[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:17 AM 11-16-2010
Awesome Greg! :-) Im jelous that yours still used Torx screws. The triwing screw set is just plain annoying.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:28 PM 11-16-2010
Awesome Greg! :-) Im jelous that yours still used Torx screws. The triwing screw set is just plain annoying.
Thanks, Mark!:-) It's Very Heavy Duty.
My Newest Addition To My Collection:
William Henry Jeweled Titanium Model HRC 67 That I Picked Up In Alaska:

[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:31 PM 11-16-2010
Dam Greg, I diddnt know you were a collector. Lets see a family photo.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:48 PM 11-16-2010
OK, One More.:-) I Have Over 300 Pocket Knives, Mark. Started Collecting Them Before I Got Into Cigars. Here's My Favorite: Chris Reeve Classic:

Sharp As A Razor & Tough As Nails! Ouch! Just Nicked My Finger Closing The Blade.:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 08:50 PM 11-16-2010
Nice I was a pocket knife buyer before cigars. I've downsized my collection so many times I've only got 3 left.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:59 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Nice I was a pocket knife buyer before cigars. I've downsized my collection so many times I've only got 3 left.
You Were Smart, Bill!:-) I Can't Seem To Part With Mine.:-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:05 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
OK, One More.:-) I Have Over 300 Pocket Knives, Mark. Started Collecting Them Before I Got Into Cigars. Here's My Favorite: Chris Reeve Classic:

Sharp As A Razor & Tough As Nails! Ouch! Just Nicked My Finger Closing The Blade.:-)
:-) I think I just turned green with envy! Will trade photo lessons for knives
[Reply]
Page 9 of 62
« First < 789 10111959 > Last »
Up