Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 789 10 >
All Cigar Discussion>Black Band Project
South Shield 10:24 PM 11-13-2009
I gave up on receiving mine.
Ratters 11:28 PM 11-13-2009
Me too Travis. But that's OK, I already have enough Camachos. Well, once the two boxes I just purchased show up. :-)

And hey, don't be such a stranger.
Aldebaran 05:56 AM 11-14-2009
I was Kevin Johnson or something like that. In this box addressed to Kevin I received the two cigars.
Sr Mike 06:26 AM 11-17-2009
I wonder if we will be receiving the three cigars originally promised us, or just the two they sent out.
OHRD 10:03 AM 11-17-2009
I received mine several months ago, had the A but the B and C are still resting...
Emjaysmash 10:32 AM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
I wonder if we will be receiving the three cigars originally promised us, or just the two they sent out.
My feeling is just the two. Wouldn;t it be cheaper just to send all 5 all together?
ade06 11:47 AM 11-17-2009
It's all kinda funny. 1st we're suppose to get the 3 black band cigars, then we're told that we're going to get some Room 101 cigars and finally we receive 2 other cigars...

It's all good, they will burn a slow death just the same.
OHRD 02:57 PM 11-17-2009
Who received 2 sticks and what were they? I got 3, an A, B, and C
replicant_argent 03:08 PM 11-17-2009
Hard to believe... simply hard to believe.....

that this thread has not died an inglorious and tacky death.
Sr Mike 06:32 AM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Hard to believe... simply hard to believe.....
that this thread has not died an inglorious and tacky death.
Wow Pete thanks for posting, you have brought so much to this thread, it is almost scary to even imagine what it would have been like without you.

Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
Who received 2 sticks and what were they? I got 3, an A, B, and C
I received the 10th Anniversary and the Select.
tobii3 07:55 AM 11-18-2009
6 months.

Amazing how people are still b*tching about FREE cigars after SIX MONTHS.
Sr Mike 12:40 PM 11-18-2009
That's right tobii3. I hate accepting two way commitments only go one way. Thanks for your input.
Savor the Stick 11:31 PM 11-18-2009
this is from another thread here on the board...and also what this really boils down too.

For those of you ( my Brothers) that don't understand it

**"6 months. Amazing how people are still b*tching about FREE cigars after SIX MONTHS".

** "Hard to believe... simply hard to believe.....
that this thread has not died an inglorious and tacky death."

etc
we understand that you don't see it as we do.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...t=24131&page=2

"Hello fellows...I won't be complaining about free cigars( if I ever get them). To me this was never about free anything! It was a contract between them (Comacho) and me. I watch their skits and would receive 3 cigars to try. Never got the cigars though I watched their skits and enjoyed them for the most part.
never got the promised cigars--broken contract (their broken word.)

I was told in an email that cirgars would start shipping in May.....to make a long story short...I grew up feeling that a person's word meant a lot, and you don't give it, if you can't, or might not be able to keep it.
How is a man's(woman's) reputation built? By keeping their word over and over and over.....EVEN if it ends up costing you.
This is about reputation, commitment, honor, truth, integrity, principle reliability obligation-- look at the synonyms for these words and understand a little better why some are a little miffed.
So now the "Room 101" cigars are not honored.
That's my 2 cents and I feel better now. " :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daustin333
I don't see how giving over 36,000 free cigars could be considered falling on your face, slinging mud at the face of our company, and not holding up our end of the bargain. Truly, I am bewildered by his attempt to attack me and I refuse to answer the unfounded claims which he has detailed, mainly because the statements are false.

As of this Friday, the remaining 300 out 12,300 who participated will have been taken care of.

If anyone has an inquiry regarding the project, please feel free to call me directly at any time, 305-592-0722 x747 or email me dylan at camachocigars dot com.

Kris, if you would like to call and chat, I would be more than glad to talk.

Cheers,

Dylan@Camacho

"Dylan you and your company did it to yourself. But maybe you can't understand it.":-)

I received 2 cigars about 4 days ago. The 10th Anni, and the select both robusto size. I really wanted to try those BB cigars, and the room 101 sounded interesting.

tobii3 05:46 AM 11-19-2009
See it as what??

The EXACT way that Slavac called it in the thread you are referring to -

Originally Posted by Slavac:
Oh my god! A company didn't give me my free cigars! How dare they try to substitute another free cigar for the one I paid so much...erm...

The Fskers!

OP be less butthurt. You're the very pinnacle of the age of entitlement.
THAT is how it is, and how we see it.
Sr Mike 06:04 AM 11-19-2009
Yet people wonder why a handshake no longer means what it used to.
tobii3 08:58 AM 11-19-2009
Gotta love this generation.

I sat on my a$$ and watched a video. Now GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Pathetic.

A Handshake??

The way you make it out to be, they should shake your hand, wipe your a$$, change your underwear and put you back in your crib.
RightAJ 09:05 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:

Pathetic.

A Handshake??

The way you make it out to be, they should shake your hand, wipe your a$$, change your underwear and put you back in your crib.
X2 Tobii
Don Fernando 09:16 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:

Pathetic.

A Handshake??

:-)
itsme_timd 10:05 AM 11-19-2009
I disagree with the entitlement part. For me it's not that I'm 'entitled' to their cigars but that it was something they said they would do - it's about keeping a commitment.

I watched the videos, I enjoyed the videos, and if there was no promise of cigars then I would have been fine with that.

I know Dylan has recently replied to the complaints, but they went months with no answers - emails to Camacho were ignored, comments asking questions on their Facebook page were deleted, they avoided this like the plague for a long time. This was handled very, very poorly by Camacho no matter how you look at it. The received more bad press off of this than positive.

For the record, I was one of the first to get my BBP cigars - but I still think this was handled very unprofessionally by Camacho.
St. Lou Stu 11:04 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by itsme_timd:
I disagree with the entitlement part. For me it's not that I'm 'entitled' to their cigars but that it was something they said they would do - it's about keeping a commitment.
:-)
The special thing about this and some other cigar forums is that people generally place a higher value on a man's (woman's) word and keeping such commitments.

BTW, Tobii, Brad.... The same generation that thinks it is entitled, which I totally agree with you guys on, is the same generation that no longer places value on a man's word or commitment. No?

I am not entitled. I do, however, place value on honor.
Page 9 of 10
« First < 789 10 >
Up