Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 789 1011 >
Sports>World Golf Tour.com online free golf game
newcigarz 03:45 PM 02-24-2011
I spoke to the admins regarding running a contest and got the go ahead.

I will post up the details in a new thread soon.
[Reply]
newcigarz 05:08 PM 02-24-2011
Set-up a quick tournament. Oakmont Front 9, random conditions.
[Reply]
J0eybb 05:17 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
set-up a quick tournament. Oakmont front 9, random conditions.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. :-)
[Reply]
physiognomy 06:10 PM 02-24-2011
This is just like real golf... First four holes - 3, 2, 4, 2 puts respectively... :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:16 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by physiognomy:
This is just like real golf... First four holes - 3, 2, 4, 2 puts respectively... :-)

I hate that course, but why suffer alone. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:48 PM 02-24-2011
What does tournament green speed mean? Fast?
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 06:50 PM 02-24-2011
My guess is crazy f'n stupid fast from what I just saw!
The pin placements were INSANE too!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:52 PM 02-24-2011
Wow, the 1st hole is insane. You go to the left of the pin, and you are in the rough.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:05 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Wow, the 1st hole is insane. You go to the left of the pin, and you are in the rough.
That First hole kills me every time. Like trying to land it on a table top. :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 07:10 PM 02-24-2011
a table top that has been smashed by chuck norris.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:14 PM 02-24-2011
I spoke to the admins regarding running a contest and got the go ahead.

I will post up the details in a new thread soon.

So getting back to this. What I had in mind was a Tournament for CA Country Club. Entry Fee is a Fiver of smokes with the winner and runner up getting the
prize. As CC owner I would not participate, just accept the entry fee, and monitor the results and prize payout.
I am thinking a CTTH Tournament, just because it gives the widest range of shots, and the ability to play often.
Currently there are 20 members in the CC, with the ability for 10 more.
I think that we would need to have at least 10 particpants for this to work.

Let me know your thoughts.
[Reply]
kgoings 07:32 PM 02-24-2011
So getting back to this. What I had in mind was a Tournament for CA Country Club. Entry Fee is a Fiver of smokes with the winner and runner up getting the
prize. As CC owner I would not participate, just accept the entry fee, and monitor the results and prize payout.
I am thinking a CTTH Tournament, just because it gives the widest range of shots, and the ability to play often.

I dont like the ability to play and play and play again, some of us dont have that kind of time. It would be nice if you could make it an 18 hole tournament, you play your 18 adn thats your score. Only problem is if someone gets to the last hole and doesnt like their score, right now I think they could quit and not save and restart.

OR Better yet!

Lets do a MatchPlay tournament. Get entrys, make a random bracket, and have the players arrange time to play each other. You have one week to complete your first matchup, then set up the next round of pairs....THAT would be sweet!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:33 PM 02-24-2011

I'm in, but I don't think as CC owner you should be excluded. The rules of golf make it a fair field for you as well... fire away Tony!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:34 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I dont like the ability to play and play and play again, some of us dont have that kind of time. It would be nice if you could make it an 18 hole tournament, you play your 18 adn thats your score. Only problem is if someone gets to the last hole and doesnt like their score, right now I think they could quit and not save and restart.

OR Better yet!

Lets do a MatchPlay tournament. Get entrys, make a random bracket, and have the players arrange time to play each other. You have one week to complete your first matchup, then set up the next round of pairs....THAT would be sweet!
Agreed. You can make it to where it is a one and done per player.
Match play may be tough, but I'm up for whatever!
[Reply]
physiognomy 07:37 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
I'm in, but I don't think as CC owner you should be excluded. The rules of golf make it a fair field for you as well... fire away Tony!
+1 Tony, I would hate for you to put in all the effort to get this up and running & not be able to participate.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:40 PM 02-24-2011
CCs can only create 2 kinds of Tournaments, Stroke Play & CTTH. You can limit the Tournament to single round. If it's like the standard single round Tournament, to quit mid round is a forfeit. You can also limit the time to 24 hrs.
I really did not want to go outside of the CC setting. If there is not an interest in doing this, that's ok too.

If you or someone else wants to set-up another style Tournament outside the CC that would work too, but it just would not be a CA Tournament.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:45 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by physiognomy:
+1 Tony, I would hate for you to put in all the effort to get this up and running & not be able to participate.
Because it would be me creating the Tournament, I would want to be excluded to be fair and impartial in the event of a discrepancy. I really don't mind sitting it out. Also as Tour Pro, I have the highest ranking of our members.
I wanted to see if there is interest.
[Reply]
kgoings 07:46 PM 02-24-2011
CCs can only create 2 kinds of Tournaments, Stroke Play & CTTH. You can limit the Tournament to single round. If it's like the standard single round Tournament, to quit mid round is a forfeit. You can also limit the time to 24 hrs.
I really did not want to go outside of the CC setting. If there is not an interest in doing this, that's ok too.

If you or someone else wants to set-up another style Tournament outside the CC that would work too, but it just would not be a CA Tournament.
Go ahead and set up the single round kind. And when that is done I will organize a CC matchplay tournament. It will be fun to give it a go. I have some things I want to think about relating to how I am going to do the matchplay tourney. So it may be next week or so before I do it. But a one and done tourney for 5 cigars sounds fun!

When you say limit it to 24 hours what do you mean? I can't play in the next 24 hours so that wouldnt be good for me. I was hoping you could give everyone through the weekend to play their round.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:53 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Go ahead and set up the single round kind. And when that is done I will organize a CC matchplay tournament. It will be fun to give it a go. I have some things I want to think about relating to how I am going to do the matchplay tourney. So it may be next week or so before I do it. But a one and done tourney for 5 cigars sounds fun!

When you say limit it to 24 hours what do you mean? I can't play in the next 24 hours so that wouldnt be good for me. I was hoping you could give everyone through the weekend to play their round.

24 hrs from the start of the Tournament to enter and play

[Reply]
kgoings 07:54 PM 02-24-2011
Do 72 hours
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 789 1011 >
Up