Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
All Cigar Discussion>Buried cigars?
688sonarmen 01:55 PM 01-05-2011
Some of you guys would need a backhoe and a permit:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:11 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Total waste of time for the storage of 30 cigars. :-)
To each his own, right, Bob? Everyone's different. "Smoke what you like." "One man's junk is another man's treasure." What might be a waste of time to some, may have been just another post hole, some PVC, spray paint, creativity, and good workout to another.
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:18 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
To each his own, right, Bob? Everyone's different. "Smoke what you like." "One man's junk is another man's treasure." What might be a waste of time to some, may have been just another post hole, some PVC, spray paint, creativity, and good workout to another.
Bob's just grumpy!!!

He buries cigars in his Vino and forgets he has them!!!
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:28 PM 01-05-2011
The OP has not logged on to CA since August...
[Reply]
rizzle 02:41 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
:-) You're wrong for that Rich!
Originally Posted by bscottskangum:
His last activity was 8/13/2010 doubt that we will get an update.
Now that you have revived the thread Im curious to know if the storage actually worked out for him.
Enquiring minds want to know!
:-):-)
[Reply]
justonemorestick 11:28 AM 01-08-2011
I may have to try this to hide new purchases from the wife.
[Reply]
CoreyD 12:06 PM 01-08-2011
why not just build an underground concrete humidor cigar room, since your digging anyways, then in winter you can bring a heater an herf.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:16 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
why not just build an underground concrete humidor cigar room, since your digging anyways, then in winter you can bring a heater an herf.
An exponential difference in funds, time, and stress, perhaps?
[Reply]
mmblz 12:39 PM 02-29-2012
how did I miss this thread???

:-):-):-)

still though, he obviously needs to get a foam roller for insulation:
http://www.amazon.com/Cando-Foam-Rol.../dp/B001VAMBJ6
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 12:59 PM 02-29-2012
Hello everyone! The answer is YES, the cigar cellar worked well last summer. When the cold temps of November came, I lifted all the cigars out and placed them on a shelf in my cool winter home. When spring temps reach 60-70, I'll move them back outside (underground).

Even in the hottest weather, the temps in the bottom of the tube stayed around 56 and the very top of the tube (just under the lid) didn't get above 67 degrees.

When I get low on cigars, I might start storing some wine down there!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:00 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Hoosierguy:
Hello everyone! The answer is YES, the cigar cellar worked well last summer. When the cold temps of November came, I lifted all the cigars out and placed them on a shelf in my cool winter home. When spring temps reach 60-70, I'll move them back outside (underground).

Even in the hottest weather, the temps in the bottom of the tube stayed around 56 and the very top of the tube (just under the lid) didn't get above 67 degrees.

When I get low on cigars, I might start storing some wine down there!
We aren't going to see you on the news being rescued because you fell in, are we?
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 01:02 PM 02-29-2012
That's why I keep a lid on it. I don't want one of those Baby Jessica things happening in my backyard!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 03:06 PM 02-29-2012
Awesome man.
[Reply]
Crownedone 07:56 PM 02-29-2012
This was the greatest thread that I ever read. Cigar guys are the best...
[Reply]
hotreds 08:01 PM 02-29-2012
Klugs has told us of the great vintage Cubans he dug up from the Civil War prison on Johnson's Island where the Shack Herf occurs. They were in pristine conditon.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
Up