Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
All Cigar Discussion>La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love
DaBear 01:13 PM 06-05-2013
And y'all are a bad influence on me. Just finished up the Trinfador OR I was smoking so I needed something else. Grabbed an LFD A Oscuro :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 01:18 PM 06-05-2013
Nice! I should track ONE down to smoke one day that calls for it. If and when you smoke it let us know here!
[Reply]
DaBear 01:21 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Nice! I should track ONE down to smoke one day that calls for it. If and when you smoke it let us know here!
Way ahead of ya, half an inch in. Love these things when I just wanna zone out and smoke somethin tasty. Listening to a newly discovered band I love and gonna open up a book on the phone(Galaxy Note 2, so its more or less a Kindle :-))
[Reply]
688sonarmen 01:27 PM 06-05-2013
That's right, you have one of those jobs that allow... Requires that sort of thing, Bastage! :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:06 PM 06-19-2013
I've really been enjoying LFD's lately. Having an Air Bender Guerrero tonight, and recently purchased a box of the Mystery Maduro Event Lonsdales.

Does anyone have a source for a brand sampler that would allow me to try several of their many different offerings? I've looked around at some of the usual and not so usual suspects but haven't found anything that really intruiged me. TIA
[Reply]
shark 08:16 PM 06-21-2013
How well are those ligero and double ligero ones doing as far as aging? I'd think that these could be aged for a decade and still have a good kick.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:06 AM 06-22-2013
I've had some Double Ligeros that are over 7 years old Ron and they are awesome! One thing people have to keep in mind is when the DLs came out they were one of the strongest cigars on the market. With all the DPG style Nic puros this is not the case anymore. So when aged the DLs and even L maintain the flavor and even gain more since the kick from the Ligero dies down. If you find an LFD with the old style band (pink tobacco flower) snag it, it should be at least 5 years old from the time it was rolled.
[Reply]
DaBear 07:11 AM 06-22-2013
If you find an LFD with the old style band (pink tobacco flower) snag it, it should be at least 5 years old from the time it was rolled.
Has it really been that long? I thought its only been like 3 years since they changed the band.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:35 AM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Has it really been that long? I thought its only been like 3 years since they changed the band.
New bands started showing up in 2008.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:51 AM 06-22-2013
One of the most underrated smokes out there.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:05 AM 06-22-2013
New bands started showing up in 2008.
Chit, looks like I'm gonna have to grab a few of the old band DL Lanceros we have at work then. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:10 AM 06-22-2013
Not to change the topic, but to gauge things. I love the LGDs, Small Batch, Coronados, & Air Benders. I like the Cameroons. And there are a few blends that I have not tried.

There were the original lines that I tried in the late 1990s, but I have not tried those lines, or I should say, the contemporary version of those lines. They were pretty good, but I am sure they are not the same tobaccos and have changed some. I suppose I could try them, but I have been reluctant because I have not found many of them locally, and when I have, they priced higher than I was willing to part with at that particular time. I know where I could get them reasonably for a box, but I do not know that I want a whole box.

But, I have tried to like the Ligero & the Double Ligero and just have not been able to do so. They are not horrible, but to my palate they are rather one-dimensional. I found them strong and full-bodied but after about 2 inches I was bored. I did like the 452, but not enough to go out buy a box of them.
[Reply]
TJarv 09:11 AM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I've really been enjoying LFD's lately. Having an Air Bender Guerrero tonight, and recently purchased a box of the Mystery Maduro Event Lonsdales.

Does anyone have a source for a brand sampler that would allow me to try several of their many different offerings? I've looked around at some of the usual and not so usual suspects but haven't found anything that really intruiged me. TIA
Last time I checked small batch cigar had a sampler
[Reply]
yourchoice 01:13 PM 06-27-2013
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Last time I checked small batch cigar had a sampler
Thanks for the reply...took me a while to see it! :-)

Here's the sampler: http://smallbatchcigar.com/pack-samp...6c550effdeb72f

For those who are more familiar with LFD, what are your thoughts? Of the one's I've had lately, I've been enjoying the general fullness of them, and a couple of these look as though they may smoke a bit milder.

TIA for any thoughts (I might just pull the trigger anyway. :-))
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:27 PM 06-27-2013
I actually find the Ligero to be a milder stick. There are several other lines like the Light (I think that is what they are calling it now) the Maduro cabinets are low on the spice and full flavor. Dominican tobacco by nature is pretty light stuff so with a few exceptions most of Littos blends are not as powerful as your Nicaraguan puros.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:49 AM 06-29-2013
Litto is putting out box pressed chisels in a book format for the trade show.
[Reply]
billybarue 10:22 PM 06-29-2013
Originally Posted by yourchoice:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/la+flor+...ars/item+39564
[Reply]
TJarv 11:03 PM 06-29-2013
I actually find the Ligero to be a milder stick. There are several other lines like the Light (I think that is what they are calling it now) the Maduro cabinets are low on the spice and full flavor. Dominican tobacco by nature is pretty light stuff so with a few exceptions most of Littos blends are not as powerful as your Nicaraguan puros.
The Light is called the Suave now. They thought they would catch grief for calling them Lights
[Reply]
badbriar 08:41 PM 07-03-2013
LFD Cabinet Oscuro is one of the best quality, best tasting, most rustic looking man's stick I've had the pleasure of enjoying. Looks badass just sitting there! Colorado Oscuro not quite as good.
RR
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
Up