Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
JohnRider 07:16 PM 01-17-2012
I received a CBID shipment today of two boxes of the Torano Noventa robustos. These were some serious coin a few years ago, but they were basically dumping them last week for $49.50 a box (25). The one I am smoking tonight is well made and has quite a bit of heft to it. It is well packed for sure and has a good draw and good amount of smoke. I am having some trouble describing how it tastes - it reminds me of a jacked up Nub Habano. The Noventa is a habano x 2, with a habano wrapper and binder. Despite its Nicaraguan makeup, it doesn't really have that typical Nicaraguan zing (pepper) you would expect. I am guessing that has been aged or fermented out of it for the most part. I wouldn't describe it as being complex, but the base flavor is hearty and is surprisingly creamy for a smoke with this much medium-full body. I could see that it might not have the mass appeal they may have been shooting for, but overall, I am digging it, particularly at the bargain basement price of just under $2 a stick.
[Reply]
sevans105 04:23 AM 01-19-2012
Just got my order confirmation......nothing too exciting but 60 cigars for $ 49 with shipping? Tough to beat that for troop support. Our local Guard unit is gonna have a nice little care package.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:12 AM 01-19-2012
Won a box of Diesel Unlimited for $50 and a 10pk of Torano Exodus Silver for $25
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:20 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Won a box of Diesel Unlimited for $50 and a 10pk of Torano Exodus Silver for $25
If for some reason the Diesel doesn't look or taste right to ya.. I can defiantly get it off your hands.. I'd even pay for the shipping, just to help you move it.:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:30 AM 01-19-2012
Logging in now!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 07:34 AM 01-19-2012
I just spent 5 minutes there, and have $75 in bids out... Hope I don't win all of these or I may be single and homeless soon.
[Reply]
big pete 07:34 AM 01-19-2012
I wished they used USPS priority when shipping since it takes a full week to get shipments (I'm just complaining because I'm on the West Coast)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:44 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by big pete:
I wished they used USPS priority when shipping since it takes a full week to get shipments (I'm just complaining because I'm on the West Coast)
I wish they would let me pick up instead of shipping. They won't let you though, I think because they overcharge a small amount on shipping to make up a little on their loses.
[Reply]
irratebass 08:25 AM 01-19-2012
Where are the pics???!!!!
[Reply]
big pete 09:37 AM 01-19-2012
I would post some but my shipment still hasn't arrived :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 09:49 AM 01-19-2012
I would post some but my shipment still hasn't arrived :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Hem 09:50 AM 01-19-2012
Got my shipment of the Gurkha Cigarnivore IV sampler in yesterday...bid on them before I found out that they were mostly hype. I hope I enjoy some of them, I'll post pics when I get home from....um..you know.
[Reply]
kenstogie 10:02 AM 01-19-2012
Never had a Gregorio II fatboy but got a fiver for $7. Well well worth it. So much so that I bid on another 3 5ver's and won them for $7 a 5ver.

I hope the rest of them are half as good as the first two I had.
[Reply]
jluck 10:58 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
I just spent 5 minutes there, and have $75 in bids out... Hope I don't win all of these or I may be single and homeless soon.
Win-Win....you may be sleeping alone under a bridge but you got a bunch more money to spend at cbid.:-)

They got this figured out....deliveries the same day as the next order is billed. My order should be here today....pic's to follow.
[Reply]
jluck 12:57 PM 01-19-2012
My first orders here!!!!!
not all of it made it into this order. I guess next weeks will be a bit bigger!
[Reply]
Hem 01:57 PM 01-19-2012
Holy crap! That's one SOLID order!! My wife would murder me if that many cigars came in one shipment :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:03 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
Holy crap! That's one SOLID order!! My wife would murder me if that many cigars came in one shipment :-)
I have to hide when I get a 5er in
[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:06 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
+1
[Reply]
jluck 02:51 PM 01-19-2012
The next order's more exciting than this one.....:-)

My method; I always tell the wife about "orders" after a mattress dance, Then it's all good....I can get away with anything!:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 02:55 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
The next order's more exciting than this one.....:-)

My method; I always tell the wife about "orders" after a mattress dance, Then it's all good....I can get away with anything!:-)
:-) :-)

Awesome haul brother!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up