Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Health and Fitness>P90X Workout
yourchoice 04:08 PM 10-22-2010
Ab Ripper X is soooo much harder on Legs and Back day. Wednesday, I was feeling all good about myself. Today? Not so much! :-) (not really, but ugh)

Gerard, I picked up some Endurox R4 recovery drink (I think that's what you used). Two questions if you don't mind... it calls for two scoops, did you use two? And what did you do with the nasty floating cottage cheese looking stuff after it's mixed? I scoop it out, as it really is nasty!!! :-)

I tried a buddy's Gatorade recovery shake. It was a lot smoother and tasted fine. I might try that after I'm through the Endurox. The ratio isn't 4:1, more like 2.5:1 though.

Feeling good near the end of week 6. Down about 25 pounds. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:56 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Holy hell, man, that's nuts! :-)

Let me know if you want a hybrid program that incorporates both Insanity & P90x; I have one I finished a few months ago. It's not doubles, though!
Definitely interested in that. I was just looking at some online this morning.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:24 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Ab Ripper X is soooo much harder on Legs and Back day. Wednesday, I was feeling all good about myself. Today? Not so much! :-) (not really, but ugh)

Gerard, I picked up some Endurox R4 recovery drink (I think that's what you used). Two questions if you don't mind... it calls for two scoops, did you use two? And what did you do with the nasty floating cottage cheese looking stuff after it's mixed? I scoop it out, as it really is nasty!!! :-)

I tried a buddy's Gatorade recovery shake. It was a lot smoother and tasted fine. I might try that after I'm through the Endurox. The ratio isn't 4:1, more like 2.5:1 though.

Feeling good near the end of week 6. Down about 25 pounds. :-)
Okay, I have to admit--whenever I skipped ARX, it was always on Legs & Back day. And to be honest, I didn't feel too guilty about doing it either :-)

Hmm, I never had any problems with the Endurox--just used 1 scoop to 8 oz water, and whisked/shook it up real good. The only time I doubled dosage was when I did an Insanity workout, but those were burning 800+ calories/hour, so I needed it.

Nice job on the weightloss! :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 05:37 AM 11-11-2010
Day 60 update:

Weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 33.8 lbs since starting the program!!!!:-) As my waist continues to shrink, I find myself reaching for clothes I haven't worn in years. Soon, I'll have to buckle down and buy some new stuff!

I've definitely noticed appreciable increases strength and endurance while doing the workouts. Yesterday I did shoulders and arms for the first time since phase 1, and had to bump up pretty much all of my weight.

Eating right, working out 6 days a week. This program rocks. :-)

My problem with the Endurox was that I was stirring it instead of shaking it. After switching to a tupperware shaking container, the consistency of the drink became waaaaay better.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:08 AM 11-11-2010
Okay, I have to admit--whenever I skipped ARX, it was always on Legs & Back day. And to be honest, I didn't feel too guilty about doing it either :-)

Hmm, I never had any problems with the Endurox--just used 1 scoop to 8 oz water, and whisked/shook it up real good. The only time I doubled dosage was when I did an Insanity workout, but those were burning 800+ calories/hour, so I needed it.

Nice job on the weightloss! :-)
How does P90X compare to Insanity? I am picking up P90X today off craigslist and will be doing a hybrid with Insanity (which I just completed).
[Reply]
DBall 09:11 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
How does P90X compare to Insanity? I am picking up P90X today off craigslist and will be doing a hybrid with Insanity (which I just completed).

How do you like Insanity? My wife has that, but I pretty much just stick with the gym... my membership there is going until May. Don't know if I could do both.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 12:52 PM 11-11-2010
P90x is a much more balanced program than Insanity, it blends strength training & flexibility with cardio. As you know, Insanity is pretty much pure cardio. Guys I know who went FROM P90x to Insanity leaned-out and lost muscle mass. I would guess you'll find some increases in strength & size, especially in your chest, shoulders & back as those get big workouts in P90x.

As for the Cardio, you'll probably be bored with it after Insanity. It's nowhere near as intense, even Plyometrics doesn't compare to some of Shaun T's stuff :-) :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 02:45 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
How do you like Insanity? My wife has that, but I pretty much just stick with the gym... my membership there is going until May. Don't know if I could do both.
LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I cannot say enough good stuff about it. I am planning on hitting P90X full on here shortly and I will still keep Insanity at least 3 days a week. A big key to Insanity is easting enough. If you do their formula for caloric intake, I need to eat about 2700 Cal a day to maintain while on the program, so 2200 or so to lose weight. If you are eating healthy like I do, 2200 cals is a lot of food.
[Reply]
hammondc 02:49 PM 11-11-2010
I would guess you'll find some increases in strength & size, especially in your chest, shoulders & back as those get big workouts in P90x.
Exactly what I want. I am a bit disproportionate right now as I have massive Quads and hammys from years and years of intense running.

I need to find a good protein powder, any suggestions on a very good one that doesn't blow the top off on calories? Someone suggested Syntha 6, but it is like 225 cals in JUST the powder.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 03:34 PM 11-11-2010
Exactly what I want. I am a bit disproportionate right now as I have massive Quads and hammys from years and years of intense running.

I need to find a good protein powder, any suggestions on a very good one that doesn't blow the top off on calories? Someone suggested Syntha 6, but it is like 225 cals in JUST the powder.
You might want to check with the guys in the "Pumping Iron with Zemekone & Icehog" thread for more suggestions from true gym-rats :-) :-) but I've been using Syntha6 for years. I do 1 scoop in ~8 oz soy milk, and I think it comes in at just around 300 calories or so, I can't recall. But I typically use that twice a day (breakfast + mid-afternoon snack) as part of my 5-meal plan, so it works out calorically.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 04:53 PM 11-11-2010
I've been using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 124 calories and 24 grams of protein
[Reply]
hammondc 05:52 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
I've been using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 124 calories and 24 grams of protein
Oooooo that looks good. I will check in with the gym rats in the other thread...
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:44 AM 11-21-2010
P90X rocks! I'm three weeks away from finishing my 90 days, and I'm within one pound of reaching my weight loss goal of 40 lbs. I think it's time to revise my goals!

Gerard, after week 10 and 11, I'm beginning to see what you mean about seeing results, aside from shedding pounds. I definitely have noticed some development, especially in my chest and back. :-)

I'm actually going to be doing a P89X, skipping my mid-week stretch, on the last week as my family and I are going to Disney for a week. I guess since I'm not going to finish, I'll have to start the program all over again. :-) Actually, after the holidays (while still exercising) I am going to start round two. I'm not even done round one, and I'm already looking forward to it.

P90X gets a solid two thumbs up from me. :-) :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:17 AM 12-10-2010
I have completed 90 day P90X Lean routine, and I am incredibly happy, and even surprised at the results. In 90 days (well, 88 really) I've lost 50.2 pounds. Yes, five-oh. I am truly astounded. Seven inches off my waist. Holy crap.

I'm fitting in gifted clothes that I've never worn...punching holes in belts I've had for ten years...and feeling great.

Anyone who is considering P90X, I highly recommend it.

Now, a week's respite with the family in Disney (hence the accelerated last week), return for the Holidays...continue exercising and eating well, and start a round of the Classic version in late January/early February to get ready for the summer. I might just start it sooner I enjoyed it so much.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:33 AM 12-10-2010
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!!! Great job man. I know you feel like a million bucks. All that working out makes it easy to resist crap foods because nothing tastes as good as you feel right now, huh?
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:53 AM 12-10-2010
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!!! Great job man. I know you feel like a million bucks. All that working out makes it easy to resist crap foods because nothing tastes as good as you feel right now, huh?
Thank you!

You're right...seeing and feeling the results make it that much easier. :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:56 PM 12-10-2010
Awesome job, Joel, that's a huge weight loss goal you met, I am definitely impressed! The Lean program really sets the stage for muscle definition & strength improvements in Classic. You'll be very pleased.

Congratulations, you have reason to be proud!
[Reply]
ade06 08:17 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I have completed 90 day P90X Lean routine, and I am incredibly happy, and even surprised at the results. In 90 days (well, 88 really) I've lost 50.2 pounds. Yes, five-oh. I am truly astounded. Seven inches off my waist. Holy crap.

I'm fitting in gifted clothes that I've never worn...punching holes in belts I've had for ten years...and feeling great.

Anyone who is considering P90X, I highly recommend it.

Now, a week's respite with the family in Disney (hence the accelerated last week), return for the Holidays...continue exercising and eating well, and start a round of the Classic version in late January/early February to get ready for the summer. I might just start it sooner I enjoyed it so much.
Good stuff!!! Wife bought P90x+ and we're 1 week into it. Man I'm out of shape.
[Reply]
nomadicwookie 09:08 AM 12-14-2010
Get sexy with it! I have all of Tony Horton's whiticisms forever burned into my brain.
[Reply]
ade06 10:16 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by nomadicwookie:
Get sexy with it! I have all of Tony Horton's whiticisms forever burned into my brain.
Lol, yeah German potato soup is my favorate.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up