Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 207
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Let's see pictures of your humidors !!
MNSmoker 06:31 PM 11-04-2008
This is my Vino.

Top Shelf

Middle Shelf

Bottom Shelf

[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:21 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by MNSmoker:
This is my Vino.

Top Shelf

Middle Shelf

Bottom Shelf

Very nice set up. Ive got the same desktop sitting atop my vino
[Reply]
Shaerza 04:00 PM 11-05-2008
I will start with an apology for such a long post here... but showing my humidor without telling the story just doesnt work! Last year when I started buying more then one cigar at a time I sent out an inquiry to my uncle about having him build a endtable humidor for me. Really the only way to describe him would be as an expert woodworking artist. Anyways, this is what I ended up with. Pics are poorly lit but I tried!

The most special thing about this humidor is that aside from the spanish cedar interior, it is built entirely from wood that we found in my grandads basement when we were cleaning it up after he passed away 2 years ago. One of the very first things we decided was that this cabinet was going to be called "The Grandad", and we gave it a nice nameplate indicating as such.

There are 5 different types of wood used, and everything here that looks like it could multiple pieces of wood, is! All the patterns and seperate wood types are inlaid. The top alone was 106 seperate pieces of wood!

I gave him the basic dimensions of what I wanted and he created this design entirely on his own. These pictures hardly do it justice..seeing it for the first time in person I was literally just speechless. The bottom section has 2 adjustable shelves for box storage, and the drawer on the top has 2 levels with a shelf on the top that can slide forward or back and be removed. He cut several adjustable dividers as well.
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 04:03 PM 11-05-2008
Thats hot!
[Reply]
av8tor152d 04:10 PM 11-05-2008
Beautiful !
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 04:12 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
I will start with an apology for such a long post here... but showing my humidor without telling the story just doesnt work! Last year when I started buying more then one cigar at a time I sent out an inquiry to my uncle about having him build a endtable humidor for me. Really the only way to describe him would be as an expert woodworking artist. Anyways, this is what I ended up with. Pics are poorly lit but I tried!

The most special thing about this humidor is that aside from the spanish cedar interior, it is built entirely from wood that we found in my grandads basement when we were cleaning it up after he passed away 2 years ago. One of the very first things we decided was that this cabinet was going to be called "The Grandad", and we gave it a nice nameplate indicating as such.

There are 5 different types of wood used, and everything here that looks like it could multiple pieces of wood, is! All the patterns and seperate wood types are inlaid. The top alone was 106 seperate pieces of wood!

I gave him the basic dimensions of what I wanted and he created this design entirely on his own. These pictures hardly do it justice..seeing it for the first time in person I was literally just speechless. The bottom section has 2 adjustable shelves for box storage, and the drawer on the top has 2 levels with a shelf on the top that can slide forward or back and be removed. He cut several adjustable dividers as well.

That is the nicest humidor I have ever seen, absolutely beautiful
[Reply]
blckthree 05:50 PM 11-05-2008
Shaerza,

That is a work of art! And with the story behind it, I bet that makes it priceless to you.

Thank you for sharing,
Mike :-)
[Reply]
O-Danger 06:02 PM 11-05-2008

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. That is something that you can truly enjoy every day. Very nice :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 06:58 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by O-Danger:
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. That is something that you can truly enjoy every day. Very nice :-)
I agree, that looks awesome. You'll need to post a couple of more pics when you get that baby filled up a bit.:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:01 PM 11-05-2008
That's a beautiful thing!! I love the artistry!! Your uncle has some serious talent! :-)
[Reply]
Thaplumbr 07:17 PM 11-05-2008
Man , what a thing of beauty!!
Thanks for sharing the story and the pics!
[Reply]
MTB996 07:28 PM 11-05-2008
Man, that custom Humi is stunning. Great story behind it as well. Enjoy.
[Reply]
doblemaduro 07:52 PM 11-05-2008
Cigar ****! I can't get enough!!!!!!! (What's with the asteriks?)
[Reply]
Scottw 07:55 PM 11-05-2008
That is beautiful! Enjoyed the post and it even looks like even the cat is enjoying the cabinet!
[Reply]
icehog3 12:45 AM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by doblemaduro:
Cigar ****! I can't get enough!!!!!!! (What's with the asteriks?)
You can't say **** here. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 01:20 AM 11-06-2008
That humidor is Amazing!
[Reply]
icantbejon 01:27 AM 11-06-2008
Truly a beautiful humi. Your uncle is an amazing woodworker. Does he take requests? :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 01:29 AM 11-06-2008
Shaerza I am sorry for your lose. Your humi is a amazing, such a memento. Something you can pass to your grandkids.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:55 AM 11-06-2008

Great Story, Beautiful Humidor.
[Reply]
AdamC 05:32 AM 11-06-2008
Nice Cat...oh and the humi is nice too :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 207
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Up