All Cigar Discussion>Pics of your ashtray
E.J. 12:31 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Salvelinus:
Just upgraded from the coffee mug :-)

REALLY like that....

Is it commercially available?
[Reply]
Eagle53 12:43 PM 02-22-2010
This is an ashtray I bribed a waiter for in Tretters New York Bar in Prague, CZ. http://www.worldsbestbars.com/public...ntVenueId=1521 Tretters is apparently the best cocktail bar in Europe...and yes I bribed for a menu too. I have the ingredients but not the ratios sadly. Literally some of the most unique and best drinks I have ever had. The translation on the side of the ashtray is "Unique since 1492".

The story approaches ridiculous as to the bribing. My buddy and I are smoking cuban montys and I ask the guy if I can buy one of the trays. He seems confused as his english was limited but then figures it out and says no. We keep hanging out and drinking more for about 10 minutes and then the waiter rushes up to us with one wrapped in a plastic bag and says "you hide this!" and he stuffs it under our coats on the bench and then he whisks quickly away. Needless to say I tipped the guy like $30 on a $40 tab.

I like an ashtray with a story.

Oh and can someone tell me how I can just get the large image to show up instead of a thumbnail?
Attached: IMG00006-20100222-1406.jpg (108.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:52 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Eagle53:
This is an ashtray I bribed a waiter for in Tretters New York Bar in Prague, CZ. http://www.worldsbestbars.com/public...ntVenueId=1521 Tretters is apparently the best cocktail bar in Europe...and yes I bribed for a menu too. I have the ingredients but not the ratios sadly. Literally some of the most unique and best drinks I have ever had. The translation on the side of the ashtray is "Unique since 1492".

The story approaches ridiculous as to the bribing. My buddy and I are smoking cuban montys and I ask the guy if I can buy one of the trays. He seems confused as his english was limited but then figures it out and says no. We keep hanging out and drinking more for about 10 minutes and then the waiter rushes up to us with one wrapped in a plastic bag and says "you hide this!" and he stuffs it under our coats on the bench and then he whisks quickly away. Needless to say I tipped the guy like $30 on a $40 tab.

Great story! :-)
[Reply]
pennjones 01:46 PM 02-22-2010
That is a great story, and a great ashtray, but you REALLY need to get that gurkah out of there!
[Reply]
TripleF 02:18 PM 02-22-2010

Oh and can someone tell me how I can just get the large image to show up instead of a thumbnail?
Nice Steve!! Very nice :-)
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:08 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
REALLY like that....

Is it commercially available?
I picked it up off the online auction giant for $6. Made in Japan, at least that is what the bottom says. No idea about availability. Wish I could tell you more.
[Reply]
Eagle53 07:20 PM 02-22-2010
nah trick.

gurkha vintage shaggy is my jam
[Reply]
pennjones 07:55 PM 02-22-2010
^ haha just messing with ya. I have smoked a few gurkhas in the past myself. That is a really nice tray though!
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 05:43 PM 02-23-2010
Picked this one up at a garage sale. It's a Haeger boardroom ashtray. Looked kinda retro and cool, so I picked it up for 5 bucks!
Attached: IMG00091-20100223-1735.jpg (94.5 KB) 
[Reply]
thebayratt 06:03 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
Some very nice trays!!

Is this one hard to clean? That thing looks like a BEAST!
I haven't used it yet. It has a tray under the "lid" (where the cigars rest) to catch the ashes (the catch tray sits in the wood base). Nothing a little Brasso won't keep shiny though!
[Reply]
TripleF 07:13 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech:
Picked this one up at a garage sale. It's a Haeger boardroom ashtray. Looked kinda retro and cool, so I picked it up for 5 bucks!
Noice :-)
[Reply]
marge796 07:37 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech:

I like it, a lot!!!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:56 PM 02-23-2010
Open up a photobucket account and click on the picture. The last row
is the image for forums tab. Copy and past the code into the message
portion here and "Voila"! :-)

[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:09 PM 02-23-2010
Cutter/ashtray.

Hammered out a tray out of a piece of slate.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:31 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Open up a photobucket account and click on the picture. The last row
is the image for forums tab. Copy and past the code into the message
portion here and "Voila"! :-)
You could also just put the photos in the CA photo gallery.

The problem with Photobucket is that the photos and accounts exipre and then people come along later and look at the thread and all they get is an icon telling us that the account or photo has expired. If the photo is in the CA gallery it will stay there until you delete it.
[Reply]
J0eybb 11:45 PM 02-23-2010
I made this while I smoked the first cigar I ever bought.

[Reply]
Neuromancer 02:07 AM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by dunng:

Stinky! :-)
I have one of these too, only it's the original version with three stirrups instead of four...
[Reply]
jaydub13 03:37 AM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
I made this while I smoked the first cigar I ever bought.

Very nice!!! Economical and cool, in a rustic way.... I would have never thought to just use pine! Congrats!
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:54 AM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Cutter/ashtray.

Hammered out a tray out of a piece of slate.
I really like this....very cool.
[Reply]
issues 09:36 AM 02-24-2010
Great pics everyone, I especially like the chunk of slate! :-)

Here's a picture of my front porch ashtray.

This one was inexpensive so I can leave it outside.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up