Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 36
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2011 Banter
Humpdebump 10:14 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Awesome headline:

:-)
Don't worry, with the age of the Yankees there will be plenty of DL reports :-)
MedicCook 10:45 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by Humpdebump:
Don't worry, with the age of the Yankees there will be plenty of DL reports :-)
I would take the Yankees Triple-A team over the Mets.
Humpdebump 02:44 AM 03-30-2011
Who knows, you just might see them :-)
kelmac07 05:24 AM 03-30-2011
I'll take that bet!! :-)
kelmac07 10:48 AM 03-30-2011
Applaud Mets management for giving R.A. Dickey the opening day start!! :-) :-)
MedicCook 06:11 PM 03-30-2011
Is he the knuckleballer?
kelmac07 06:19 PM 03-30-2011
Is he the knuckleballer?
That's him.
MedicCook 06:22 PM 03-30-2011
There needs to be more knuckleballers pitching.
kelmac07 06:53 PM 03-30-2011
Bay starts the season on the DL. Here we go already. :-) :-)
kelmac07 07:00 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Applaud Mets management for giving R.A. Dickey the opening day start!! :-) :-)
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-) :-) :-)

Looks like the Mets have changed their mind...Opening Day start is going to Mike Pelfrey.
Humpdebump 10:20 PM 03-30-2011
Bay starts the season on the DL. Here we go already. :-) :-)
Not sure if that's a bad thing, I don't think it's real serious ( hopefully ) and now with Perez and Castillo gone he might have gotten the boos at CITI during introductions on opening day there
MedicCook 10:21 PM 03-30-2011
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-) :-) :-)

Looks like the Mets have changed their mind...Opening Day start is going to Mike Pelfrey.
So the Mets will start the season 0-1.
BigAsh 06:01 AM 03-31-2011
Shocking news....Castillo cut by Phillies....:-)
kelmac07 06:03 AM 03-31-2011
Hmmmm...didn't see that one coming. :-)

Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Shocking news....Castillo cut by Phillies....:-)

BigAsh 07:06 AM 03-31-2011
almost as shocking as when I heard the Phils scooped the Yanks for Cliff Lee
Humpdebump 02:58 PM 03-31-2011
Wish he stayed with TEXAS
jonumberone 03:14 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Humpdebump:
Wish he stayed with TEXAS
And Halladay stayed in Toronto
And Oswalt stayed in Houston
And Hamels never returned to form

:-):-):-):-)
BigAsh 03:34 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
And Halladay stayed in Toronto
And Oswalt stayed in Houston
And Hamels never returned to form

:-):-):-):-)
Quite poetic....thanks Dom! :-)
Humpdebump 07:07 PM 03-31-2011
:-)
kelmac07 08:33 AM 04-01-2011
Opening Day for us today!!!

Dear Mets Fans:

With our 2011 opener tonight in Florida, I want to make this pledge to Mets fans — our team will play the game the right way.

We will always hustle on the bases, run balls down in the outfield and never take anything for granted, no matter the score of the game.

We had a great Spring Training. From day one my message has been look ahead, not backward, and not to worry about what the people outside the clubhouse are saying. If we pitch and play defense like I know we can, we will surprise a lot of people, a lot of people.

I stack our lineup against anyone else's in the league. Getting Carlos Beltran back and hitting cleanup is really big. The way Carlos handled his move to right field was one of the classiest things I have ever seen. Angel Pagan is coming off a great season. While we had a little setback this week with Jason Bay — who was swinging the bat well — going on the Disabled List, he shouldn't be out too long. We believe with the three of them on the field, we have one of the top outfields in baseball.

Our infield is anchored by the two All-Stars on the left side: David Wright at third and Jose Reyes at short. I think David will add on to his numbers from last year and Jose is ready to have a tremendous season. He is one of the most dynamic players in the game. Ike Davis will continue to develop at first base and Jose Thole is one of the fine young catchers in the game. Brad Emaus, a Rule Five pick, got better and better as the spring went on and won the second base job.

On the mound, sure we are going to miss Johan Santana until he comes back, hopefully in mid-year. But this spring, I think we established a solid rotation with Mike Pelfrey, followed by R.A. Dickey and Jonathon Niese. Chris Young and Chris Capuano proved that they are healthy and they really strengthen us on the back end.

We remade our bullpen and we think we have quality arms who throw strikes to get to closer Francisco Rodriguez. K-Rod has just had a fantastic spring and I never have seen him throwing better. People like Bobby Parnell, D.J. Carrasco, Taylor Buchholz, Blaine Boyer, Tim Byrdak and Pedro Beato, another Rule V selection who is from Queens, will give us a solid pen.

I believe we have fortified our bench with the additions of Scott Hairston, Willie Harris, Ronny Paulino (who will begin the year on the Disabled List), and Chin-lung Hu along with Daniel Murphy.

It's been 12 years since I have started a season as a major league manager. I can't tell you how proud I am to be leading the New York Mets and am very excited about the season ahead.

Thanks for your support and see you at Citi Field.

Sincerely,

Terry Collins
Page 9 of 36
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up