Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
General Discussion>2012 Fantasy Baseball For Stakes And The Troops
shilala 01:59 PM 03-25-2012
I even stayed home from Family Day after I lulled you into false security. I'm gonna go couch until it's time to kick your ass.
[Reply]
shilala 02:02 PM 03-25-2012
Guys, I'm going to have to finalize our team list in order for our draft to go off.
Since Mike's boy is covered and I can't get in touch with Dom, as much as it pains me I have to push the button.
Sorry!!!
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 02:04 PM 03-25-2012
Word, let's do this!
[Reply]
shilala 02:07 PM 03-25-2012
I just locked the teams and started the draft.
It's a snaking randomized draft. The order is posted right now, so everyone can plan their strategy.
I got the first pick and 20th pick. As God is my witness, I didn't cheat. I just about puked when I saw I drew first pick, I've never drafted above third.
Suck it, Stephen.
[Reply]
Stephen 02:10 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I even stayed home from Family Day after I lulled you into false security. I'm gonna go couch until it's time to kick your ass.
It's a good thing your family isn't going to be around to witness you taking a beating, son.
[Reply]
Stephen 02:15 PM 03-25-2012
It's a snaking randomized draft. The order is posted right now, so everyone can plan their strategy.
I got the first pick and 20th pick. As God is my witness, I didn't cheat. I just about puked when I saw I drew first pick, I've never drafted above third.
Suck it, Stephen.
I'm relieved. I draft right next to you so I have no worries about getting my players snaked from me.:-)
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 02:22 PM 03-25-2012
Anyone wanna move up and let me move down? lol
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 02:27 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by :
I believe you, even if you did cheat by all means please take the first pick! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:28 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
I believe you, even if you did cheat by all means please take the first pick! :-)
That's a painful, painful spot.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 02:40 PM 03-25-2012
Who ya takin' Scott? :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 02:42 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Who ya takin' Scott? :-)
My money is on Andy Van Slyke.
[Reply]
jonumberone 02:58 PM 03-25-2012
Just got in from vacation
Trying to register, getting error message that the league is locked and I can't join.
Help please!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:25 PM 03-25-2012
Scott I still can't sign in son. I talked to Dom he might be trying now also.
[Reply]
Stephen 03:29 PM 03-25-2012
Guys, I'm going to have to finalize our team list in order for our draft to go off.
Since Mike's boy is covered and I can't get in touch with Dom, as much as it pains me I have to push the button.
Sorry!!!
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Just got in from vacation
Trying to register, getting error message that the league is locked and I can't join.
Help please!
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Scott I still can't sign in son. I talked to Dom he might be trying now also.
I think Scott already locked the league.
[Reply]
jonumberone 03:37 PM 03-25-2012
Oh well, guess I'm S.O.L.
Have fun boys, and remember to take it easy on Scott! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 04:11 PM 03-25-2012
Sorry Dom and Mike. I had to lock the league so the draft would populate. If I didn't do it I'd have had to change the draft date.
Dom, Hugh has a league set up, too. I know they need bodies, hopefully you can help him out. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:00 PM 03-25-2012
Thanks Scottie!
I'll head over to Hughs league
Like I said have fun boys!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 05:46 PM 03-25-2012
Good draft all! Too bad we had a couple guys miss out there but it should be a good year!
[Reply]
Stephen 06:39 AM 03-26-2012
Favorite pick (my team): Probably Ryan Roberts. Similar stats to Howie Kendrick (save 35 points in BA) and I got him 15 rounds later.

Least Favorite pick (my team): Without a doubt it was Daniel Hudson. I meant to select Aramis Ramirez but after moving Hudson to my que he was still highlighted when I hit the draft button.

Favorite pick (other team): David Ortiz (137th). Being able to get a guy who's going to hit at or around .300/30/100 in the 14th round? Crazy. I had him all queued up and ready to go, but was taken two spots before my pick.

Least Favorite pick (other team): Not counting the two closers that were draft who are on the shelf for the year (I STOLE him!), I'm going to have to go with Stephen Strasburg (42). In my opinion it's a culmination of things:

1. First three picks were already starting pitching (Verlander/Halladay/Haren)
2. There were still a couple of bats on the board that represented good value (Hamilton/Beltre/Wright) where Strasburg was selected
3. It's likely that Strasburg would've fallen to the team's next pick

It's not that I don't like Strasburg, I just don't think it was the best pick for this team at that time.
[Reply]
shilala 07:29 AM 03-26-2012
Stephen, I had 4 of your starting pitchers in my rotation last year at one time or another. I try to minimize my starting pitchers by using as few as possible through the week because they will blow the era and whip right out of the water and produce few K's per 9 innings.
I sacrifice W, CG, and SHO to take the other 7 categories in pitching by using closers and middle relief. Some weeks a middle relief guy comes in and blows up. That's the breaks, and it's a bad week.

My least favorite pick is Aramis Ramirez. He scares me.
My favorite picks were Granderson at 20 and Reyes at 21.
Kimbrel, Axford and Papelbon at 60, 61, and 80 made me smile. Putz at 120 shocked me. I never thought I'd grab a fourth closer.
I was bummed that I missed Michael Young. He played into my lineup heavily and I almost went after him earlier but he wasn't worth the weight where I'd have had to take him.
I got tons of power, which is what I was after, and even picked up some speed in Reyes, Granderson and Young. That's something I usually have to sacrifice.
I really couldn't be more pleased with my team.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 789 1011 > Last »
Up