Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 138
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Ahbroody 09:39 AM 09-29-2010
Watched the Sharks Nucks gamd lastnight. :-)
Sharks let the Nucks walk all over them for the first 1.5 periods and dug a three goal hole. Looks like the Hawks made the right call on Niemi. With our swiss cheese d he is going to get carved up it would appear. The Sharks better score a lot of goals this year. I know its preseason but both teams were running close to regular roster.
Mr B 10:21 AM 09-29-2010
My thoughts exactly, Mike.
icehog3 12:31 PM 09-29-2010
Hopefully Niemi comes around...except when he plays the Hawks, of course. :-)
Mr B 12:35 PM 09-29-2010
I didn't realize that Niemi only played 32 games for the Hawks last year. Did he come in as a back-up 1/2 way thru the season?
icehog3 12:42 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I didn't realize that Niemi only played 32 games for the Hawks last year. Did he come in as a back-up 1/2 way thru the season?
No, he and Huet split games until late in the season.
jmsremax 02:37 PM 09-29-2010
Hey Tom....I think you could have a banter just for b'hawks hockey. haha

Btw, any play NHL '11? Sick game and it's one of the only video games I still play.

I cannot wait until Oct 21st.....Bruins home opener! :-) (i love this smilie)
Ahbroody 06:02 PM 09-29-2010
Taking weeman to the game tonight.
Hope for a better performance.
Ahbroody 09:25 PM 09-29-2010
At the game Nucks goalie is soft tonight helping the Sharks cause. Pretty much looks like these 2 teams hate each other a looooooooooooooooooot. A lot of stufff after the whistle most are finishing any check they can. I will say the Sharks are easily carrying the play tonight. TOP, shots on goal 13-6. Nice to sr
icehog3 07:39 AM 09-30-2010

Hawks got their SC Rings last night.

And got back the Cup with their names on it.

The spelling mistake on Versteeg's name has already been corrected.
Mr B 09:44 AM 09-30-2010
Nice game from the Sharls last night. The D stepped it up. Nitty barley touched the puck in the 2nd and 3rd. Nice to See the Heater doing well and injury free. Much improvement on the Power Play too.
:-)

GHC_Hambone 09:55 AM 09-30-2010
Good to see Dale's name on the cup there.
Ahbroody 10:25 AM 09-30-2010
Not sure.
Nitty did not look good handling the puck or skating. He just didnt look like a NHL Goalie at times. Hoping it gets a lot better and just nerves or something. Horrible as it sounds Nabby was much more skilled in that aspect. Well during the regular season. I still saw horrible passing and D in bizarre positions leading to no effort dumps in the attack zone and forcing forwards to be much more active on D to save their arses.

I will say as a whole they controlled the game and at times the pressure seemed relentless. The forwards looked good.

I got to say Tom may have been right about the canucks. What a bunch of :-). So many crosschecks elbows etc behind the play and after the whistle. Nice to see them get rung up and forced to pay for all their crap. Eirhoff with the unsportsman like said it all. Thats why the Sharks ditched the guy. Friggin cancer in the locker room.
icehog3 11:01 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
Good to see Dale's name on the cup there.
No doubt. :-)

Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I got to say Tom may have been right about the canucks. What a bunch of :-).
I freaking hate them....the whole rotten bunch of them.
Ahbroody 11:54 AM 09-30-2010
http://www.hockeygiant.com/ccm09hk5h...)&utm_content=
Eleven 08:49 PM 09-30-2010
I always wondered how they fix a screwed up name on the cup. If I make an engraving mistake its a WHOLE lot of sanding and polishing, sometimes filling in with solder, but that is on a ring or charm. I don't think you can do that on the Cup though.
jmsremax 09:46 PM 09-30-2010
Anyone watch the Sabres/Habs game? Sabres played a decent game offensively.

Oh and I played two games of NHL '11 tonight and the second game I got the blackhawks and slapped down the thrashers 10-2. Note: I always do random and I have to take the third random team that pops up. The first game I got the pens and won 4-1.

icehog3 11:28 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I always wondered how they fix a screwed up name on the cup. If I make an engraving mistake its a WHOLE lot of sanding and polishing, sometimes filling in with solder, but that is on a ring or charm. I don't think you can do that on the Cup though.

Originally Posted by :
The Stanley Cup has had a long, sad history of misspellings and mistakes during its annual engraving. Like when the New York "Ilanders" won the Cup in 1981, or when Adam "Deadmarch" was listed as a champion with the Colorado Avalanche in 1996, before the Cup was corrected to read Adam Deadmarsh.

Add Kris Versteeg's name to that dubious history, as the former Chicago Blackhawks winger discovered his name was misspelled "Kris Vertseeg" on the Cup before being corrected. From the Toronto Star:

Like the vast majority of Cup goofs, this one was caught early and corrected, as Versteeg told the Star they simply "punched" the correct letters over the original spelling.
In closing, we'd like to offer the theory that the Cup simply rejected Versteeg's name because it sensed he was a Leaf. Again, just a theory.

Ahbroody 10:51 PM 10-02-2010
Not bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKEYJl7RkEA

really good, both players ate some and gave some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDin6pTYxWI
icehog3 12:34 AM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKEYJl7RkEA

really good, both players ate some and gave some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDin6pTYxWI
The hip check was the best part of the first one...that and Armstrong's elbow.

Nice scrap between two minor league journeymen making their way up in the second.

Brian Campbell is out 4-6 weeks for the Blackhawks with a sprained knee...rookies need to step up early.
Ahbroody 12:58 AM 10-03-2010
I thought he ate a few in the first one.:-) But the hip check was a beauty. Man I wish there would be a lot more of that these days. Its such a lost art. I have every hope of teaching Micah to do it. :-)

Didnt hear about soupy. Did he sprain his knee doing the spinorama. Kid.
Man I hope the Sharks D pulls it together.
Page 9 of 138
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Up