Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 89 of 138
« First < 3979878889 909199 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
taltos 06:49 AM 04-26-2011
Good luck to the Hawks and lets go Bruins. Tom, I still want to see a Hawks/Bruins final.:-)
icehog3 09:55 AM 04-26-2011
That wouldn't suck for me either, Paul. :-)

Both excited and nervous about tonight. Bickell is out, hoping Kopecky is playing.

Bobby Luo is either going to be a hero, or riden out of town on a rail.
kugie 11:51 AM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by taltos:
Good luck to the Hawks and lets go Bruins. Tom, I still want to see a Hawks/Bruins final.:-)
That would be Awesome an O-6 final.:-)

They need to put the nail in the coffin tonight.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!!
IBQTEE1 01:11 PM 04-26-2011
My stomach is already doing flip flops in anticipation of the game tonight!! :-)

Let's Go Hawks!! :-)
Bruins Fan 01:14 PM 04-26-2011
Is it 7:00 yet :-)
yourchoice 01:17 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
My stomach is already doing flip flops in anticipation of the game tonight!! :-)
Yours and mine both...but for a different game! :-)

Let's Go Flyers!!

I'd love to see both the Flyers and Hawks win game 7 tonight.

I'm surprised the league scheduled games 6 and 7 of the Bruins/Canadiens series for back to back nights. If the Habs pull out the win tonight they could certainly ride that high tomorrow. Maybe it was an arena availability issue.
IBQTEE1 01:36 PM 04-26-2011
A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, "why the Luongo face?"

I am here all night!! :-)
Ahbroody 02:05 PM 04-26-2011
Dont forget to tip the staff and try the veal.

Rimshot.
icehog3 02:12 PM 04-26-2011
NHL on XM asked a Vancouver sportswriter what the mood was in Vancouver, confident or scared....he said they were putting up bets around all the bridges in town. He said at the morning skate the Hawks seemed loose and the 'Nucks uptight. The 'Nucks were saying all the right things, but their body language told a different story.

Let's Go HAWKS!!
Sled Dog 02:22 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Yours and mine both...but for a different game! :-)

Let's Go Flyers!!

I'd love to see both the Flyers and Hawks win game 7 tonight.

I'm surprised the league scheduled games 6 and 7 of the Bruins/Canadiens series for back to back nights. If the Habs pull out the win tonight they could certainly ride that high tomorrow. Maybe it was an arena availability issue.
Big night tonight..... Got to love a game 7.

Go Buffalo!
mithrilG60 02:41 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
NHL on XM asked a Vancouver sportswriter what the mood was in Vancouver, confident or scared....he said they were putting up bets around all the bridges in town. He said at the morning skate the Hawks seemed loose and the 'Nucks uptight. The 'Nucks were saying all the right things, but their body language told a different story.
The mood I'm seeing is resigned. There's a lot of hope that the Canucks will pull it out, but the Canucks have also let this city down so many times in the past (not just against Chicago) that there almost seems to be this sense of the city steeling itself psychologically for a loss. I just hope it's a good game, I don't want to see another blowout (for either team) like there was in games 4 & 5.

He said at the morning skate the Hawks seemed loose and the 'Nucks uptight. The 'Nucks were saying all the right things, but their body language told a different story.
Was this the same writer that tweeted that the score board in Rogers Arena was still displaying the 5 - 0 score from Game 5 when the Canucks came out for their morning skate today? I would expect the Canucks to be tenser than the Hawks, there's a lot more pressure on them give that they entered the playoffs as the Vegas favourites and have blown a 3 - 0 series lead. The Hawks have been playing on borrowed time for so long in this series (from an elimination stand point) that it's easier to be loose about it.
Ahbroody 04:00 PM 04-26-2011
Well Tom cant say it, but I am hoping the Hawks get up early and just put the boot to the throat and leave it there.

Saw Jumbo Joe today walking into a local theme park. Was meeting someone. Said Hey Joe as he walked by. Got the nod. Wife and I were saying it must be nice to be in a market like ours where you can go out the day after and not have to deal with crazy fans or press.
Bruins Fan 04:46 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Well Tom cant say it, but I am hoping the Hawks get up early and just put the boot to the throat and leave it there.

Saw Jumbo Joe today walking into a local theme park. Was meeting someone. Said Hey Joe as he walked by. Got the nod. Wife and I were saying it must be nice to be in a market like ours where you can go out the day after and not have to deal with crazy fans or press.
That's one reason he could not play in Boston,it's to intense here.
Regardless of the success of our other teams, when the B's are winning they own the town:-)
Ahbroody 05:05 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
That's one reason he could not play in Boston,it's to intense here.
Regardless of the success of our other teams, when the B's are winning they own the town:-)
No argument here. I am like most west coasters we love sports and watch it, but at the end of the day we all see it for what it is. Its a game and entertainment. I laugh at the intensity of some markets where people live and die with a team. Given its hockey its much less fanatical here. The bayarea is a baseball and football market. The core group of fans is dedicated but small.
Eleven 05:24 PM 04-26-2011
My picks for tonight:

Habs
Sabres
Hawks
jmsremax 05:40 PM 04-26-2011
No argument here. I am like most west coasters we love sports and watch it, but at the end of the day we all see it for what it is. Its a game and entertainment. I laugh at the intensity of some markets where people live and die with a team. Given its hockey its much less fanatical here. The bayarea is a baseball and football market. The core group of fans is dedicated but small.
My buddy lived in SD for just over a year and was shocked at the lack of interest in their city's teams outside of the chargers. I definitely think we can get carried away with our teams here in Boston and expect a lot from them but to me that is what makes it exciting to watch.

Some players can't stand to play for NY, Boston, or Philly teams and I don't blame them. However, if they play well in those cities you are a living legend. Example: Ray Bourque....no one cared that he went to CO to chase a cup.
jmsremax 05:43 PM 04-26-2011
My buddy lived in SD for just over a year and was shocked at the lack of interest in their city's team outside of the chargers. I definitely think we can get carried away with our teams and expect a lot from them but to me that is what makes it exciting.

Some players can't stand to play for NY, Boston, or Philly teams and I don't blame them. However, if they play well in those cities they are a living legend. Example: Ray Bourque....no one cared that he went to CO to chase a cup.
icehog3 05:44 PM 04-26-2011
Some good insight, Geoff. :-)

I am so nervous already you would think I was playing. :-)
rebelknight 08:13 PM 04-26-2011
I am so nervous already you would think I was playing. :-)
and here we go
icehog3 09:00 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
and here we go
And I am dying over here. :-)
Page 89 of 138
« First < 3979878889 909199 > Last »
Up