Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 89 of 351
« First < 3979878889 909199139189 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Guitarman-S.T- 08:36 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Schells Snowstorm Baltic Porter with a Punch Churchill.... not bad at all
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Fantastic beer:-)
Definitely! I seem to like these darker beers colder, after tasting a few as they warm up... But all in all I continue to enjoy every taste!:-)
tyrion 08:40 PM 02-22-2010
I'm drinking a Cigar City Double Cream Ale from a growler I bought this weekend. They are making some excellent beers and being recognized for it. Still difficult to get even here in SoFla. I have a bunch in the fridge to hold be over for a while.
BlackDog 09:02 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
Not 100% how it stands up to Surly's Coffee Bender, or Averys Czar...

But Its brutal and Loving it
To me Coffee Bender is my least favorite of Surly's four "regulars". Too much like a coffee drink and not enough like beer. But they sell the heck out of it so I am clearly in the minority opinion.

The other beers you mention are thicker - more viscous- than CB, which is a brown ale cold brewed with copious coffee.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sauer Grapes 09:33 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by tyrion:
I'm drinking a Cigar City Double Cream Ale from a growler I bought this weekend. They are making some excellent beers and being recognized for it. Still difficult to get even here in SoFla. I have a bunch in the fridge to hold be over for a while.
Jai Alai is one stinking awesome IPA. I just hate that they're funded by the strip club industry in Tampa.
Guitarman-S.T- 09:47 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
To me Coffee Bender is my least favorite of Surly's four "regulars". Too much like a coffee drink and not enough like beer. But they sell the heck out of it so I am clearly in the minority opinion.

The other beers you mention are thicker - more viscous- than CB, which is a brown ale cold brewed with copious coffee.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will have to revisit it tomorrow, I remember the drinkability from it was very high- But was probably my first Dark rich brew besides Guinness etc... This is a great new venture for me! Cannot wait for the next mysterious glass
BlackDog 06:32 PM 02-23-2010
Drinking a Boulevard Single-wide IPA, my first. This is a nice IPA, will certainly buy more in the future.
Mikey202 06:53 PM 02-23-2010
Sierra Nevada Kellerwies and 2010 Bigfoot Ale.

Bought an extra six pack of Bigfoot to put in the back of the fridge.:-)
Jbailey 07:17 PM 02-23-2010
Another one of my new favs. John Henry 3 Lick Spiker Ale
Guitarman-S.T- 07:22 PM 02-23-2010
Drinking a Boulevard Single-wide IPA, my first. This is a nice IPA, will certainly buy more in the future.
TASTY! My first Boulevard was a Double Wide, which I tried the single first but my only local shop in Clear lake offers a few extreme IPA"s only in some selections.. BOOO!

right now i am trying a Founders Backwoods Bastard.. Wow, not what i expected.. Thought it was going to be much richer, darker, but it has a really light mouth feel, not much of a bourbon kick but possibly the proof :-) I seem to taste more of the barrel, and the Bourbon mouth 'burn' rather than much flavor, But I am enjoying it :-)
Skywalker 07:25 PM 02-23-2010
Sierra Nevada Glissade tonight!!!:-)
Guitarman-S.T- 07:31 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Sierra Nevada Glissade tonight!!!:-)
how is it :-)
replicant_argent 07:37 PM 02-23-2010
BTW, ST, the Baltic Porter from Schells is pretty much a thick syrupy meal in a glass, plan accordingly. I love thick beer and I could only comfortably drink one without feeling like someone would poke my bloated gut with a sharp stick.
Guitarman-S.T- 07:59 PM 02-23-2010
Right on mr. Pete!
Going to vegas any time soon?
Jbailey 09:58 PM 02-23-2010
Founders Double Trouble.
Skywalker 10:04 PM 02-23-2010
Here is some beer **** for Skywalker. My local shop is clearing these out for $3.99 each. I'm sure the hops are not as "sharp" as when they were fresh, but it's still a darn nice beer. Making some fish tacos for dinner tonight, I think they will go nicely together.

Very nice Warren!!!

I have a few bottles left!!!

Mmmmm would be great with fish tacos!!!
:-)

BTW - They serve fish tacos at the Brewery!!!
Guitarman-S.T- 08:15 PM 02-24-2010
enough of a glass of Surly Furious to do a review on beeradvocate... and then my cat felt it necessary for it to be aced on the ground.. Soaked into my couch and floor.. Awesome =]

Obviously his tastes are different from mine cause O'h was I enjoying that furious.... =[
Skywalker 10:38 PM 02-24-2010
New Belgium Fat Tire!!!
Darrell 10:51 PM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Very nice Warren!!!

I have a few bottles left!!!

Mmmmm would be great with fish tacos!!!
:-)

BTW - They serve fish tacos at the Brewery!!!
I love fish tacos. :-)
nater 06:45 AM 02-25-2010
working through 2 abita sampler packs... Reminds me of home :-)
BlackDog 07:50 AM 02-25-2010
had my first Sierra Nevada Glissade last night. Won'tb e my last, it was very good. I think I heard (maybe here?) that this is supposed to be the same recipe as the "original" Coors from the 1970's. If that's true, it was a great beer. I'll be buying more of this for sure.
Page 89 of 351
« First < 3979878889 909199139189 > Last »
Up