Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 89 of 129
« First < 3979878889 909199 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Chainsaw13 08:59 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by Sean9689:
I can't lie, feels good to buy "L" instead of "XXL".
I"m not quite down to "L", but it was great going out this past weekend and buying "XL" shirts and having them fit perfect.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:32 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I guess that's why people are different. I don't find the tracking tedious at all. If I miss a meal or even a few days like when I'm out of town, I"m ok with that. I'm to the point now though where I can guestimate portion sizes pretty good. And now that I get full sooner, I don't eat everything on the plate when I go out for a meal.
Be careful with the guesstimating though. Do it too much, and your guesses started to get bigger and bigger (at least that's what I start to do over time)
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I"m not quite down to "L", but it was great going out this past weekend and buying "XL" shirts and having them fit perfect.
I can fit into some XL shirts now too. Feels good.:-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 02:00 PM 06-16-2011
Walked a mile and a quarter today :-) Back on the bike tomarrow.

I dont like to watch what I am eating to close either. But my husband was diagnosed with diabetes a couple months ago and that helped me to eat more vegitable and less carbs.
[Reply]
forgop 02:16 PM 06-16-2011
I've been so out of this whole thing lately-need to get going and stick with this soon. What I really need is an accountability "partner" of sorts to stick with it.

Also had a recommendation for a prescription for phentermine for weight loss.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:51 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I've been so out of this whole thing lately-need to get going and stick with this soon. What I really need is an accountability "partner" of sorts to stick with it.

Also had a recommendation for a prescription for phentermine for weight loss.
Welcome back, Duane. I need an accountability partner too about now.

Haven't done much research on phentermine, but it looks to be about $3 for one pill. :-) Would your insurance cover it?
[Reply]
goalie204 03:48 PM 06-16-2011
Dom, if you quit the carbs or cut them down significantly, you won't have to count calories and you'll lose fat.
[Reply]
shilala 05:20 PM 06-16-2011
I had a cup of coffee and five or six cookies today. I'm not remotely hungry and Lisa is gonna make me eat dinner later. I'll still be way under for the day. That'll make up for yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:44 PM 06-16-2011
Did 3.25 miles walking in ~45:15. I was hauling today. Thought the program on my phone was screwy saying I did my first mile in 14:00. figured the GPS tracking was off a bit. But then the 2nd and 3rd came in around the same time. Did feel good thought. Got a good hamstring/calf stretch in before I started, which I'm sure helped.

Stuffed myself on dinner though. A stirfry of some leftover ground turkey, onions, carrots, red bell peppers, garlic scapes, bulgur wheat with a bunch of hot seasonings added. Still only about 550 calories.
[Reply]
shilala 05:48 PM 06-16-2011
That dinner sounds great, Bob. I saw you were digging the mushroom burgers, that's awesome. Next time I see my SIL Cathy, I'll ask if she's got any other good lo-cal vegetarian stuff like that.
Lisa just ran to the store or I'd ask if she had anymore recipes on that order.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:54 PM 06-16-2011
Thanks. I did like the mushroom burgers. I tweaked the recipe to bring the carb count down for me, but they still turned out good. Next time I need to use only one egg, the mix was too loose so I fried them instead of grilling. I'd definitely like any more recipes your wife or SIL will share. I'll never give up meat, but I'm incorporating more vegetarian recipes into my diet.

A friend shared this site with me the other day. http://www.rawmazing.com/ There's some really good looking dishes on there. I don't think I'll buy a dehyrdator and make things via that method, but I should be able to adapt some to a bit of cooking.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:04 PM 06-16-2011
Bob, you are just oozing with great info today!! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:13 PM 06-16-2011
I'm not very good at making a big deal out of cooking. I just have entirely too much other stuff to do. I need to make time for making good food, someday. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:37 PM 06-16-2011
Thanks Dom. I'll start posting more recipes that I'm developing if it'll help give others ideas on things to make. Mostly I try to shoot for a carb count of less than 45g per serving. I tend to make them high in fiber too so they digest slower and fill you up.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:14 PM 06-16-2011
Here's a recipe for Chicken Pozole Verde. This made 3 servings. The sodium count is a little high, but you can mitigate that by making choosing low sodium versions of the salsa and chicken stock.

8oz chicken breast, cubed into 1" cubes
3oz onions, chopped
1 29oz can of hominy
10oz of tomatillo salsa
2 cloves garlic chopped
24oz chicken stock
3oz can of roasted green chiles
Cilantro chopped, to taste

Brown the chicken in a little bit of oil in a medium pot over med-high heat, about 5-6 minutes. You don't need to cook all the way through, it'll finish once you add the rest of the ingredients and continue cooking. About 2-3 minutes into cooking the chicken, add the onions garlic. Stir and continue browning. Once chicken has browned on all sides, add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro. Bring to a low boil, turn down the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. Divide into three portions and garnish with the chopped cilantro (and a bit more raw chopped onion if you like). Maybe squeeze a little fresh lime over the top too. Enjoy.

Based on the info I could find online and off the packages I used, the nutritional info is as follows per serving.

310 cals, 3g fat, 0g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 48mg chol, 1373mg sodium, 44g carbs, 10g fiber, 5g sugar, 19g protein.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:11 AM 06-17-2011
On the can of hominy, drain and rinse it before adding to the pot. There's a lot of excess salt in the solution it's packed in.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:12 AM 06-17-2011
Finally headed downward again after 2 straight days of gain. Still debating whether I should do 1-2 days of strength per week to mix things up or continue to focus on the aerobic stuff for now to burn some calories.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
forgop 01:42 PM 06-17-2011
Weight training is always good-focus on lower weight, high reps. That way you're focused on toning and burning calories, not trying to necessarily trying to build muscle. As your overall % of muscle increases, so will your metabolism.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:35 PM 06-17-2011
Three pound drop since last Friday. Pretty happy- it's likely not water weight as I've been drinking like a fish. Mostly Crystal Light, have been drinking less carbonated stuff.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:01 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Three pound drop since last Friday. Pretty happy- it's likely not water weight as I've been drinking like a fish. Mostly Crystal Light, have been drinking less carbonated stuff.
Awesome Hugh! Keep up the good work.
[Reply]
shilala 04:01 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Keep on chugging, Hugh!!! :-)
I've been hopelessly addicted to Aquafina Grape water for a couple years now. I have no idea what's in it, but it truly satiates my appetite. It's freakin delicious, too.
I guess it's really called FlavorSplash. Hundreds of bottles drank and I had no clue. Wow. Anyways, here's a pic. They have lots of flavors, lemonade is excellent as well. I bet you'll love it if you try it, and I promise it'll work against your appetite. Everyone who has tried it has experienced the same phenomenon.

Here's a pic of other flavors...

[Reply]
Page 89 of 129
« First < 3979878889 909199 > Last »
Up