Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 88 of 350
« First < 3878868788 899098138188 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
King James 11:34 AM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
, though. aren't most fruit juices high in fructose???
Could be, but if not supposed to use citrus as well, Maybe grape juice is just singled out because it isn't citrusy.

I don't have a gatorade here, but I think it would work fine. Hopefully it is sucrose?
The Professor 01:28 PM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Could be, but if not supposed to use citrus as well, Maybe grape juice is just singled out because it isn't citrusy.

I don't have a gatorade here, but I think it would work fine. Hopefully it is sucrose?
I think Gatorade (or G! as it's presently known) is maltodextrin and dextrose -- so it'll be a fine transport for the creatine. Remember, though, don't put the creatine *in* the Gatorade until you're ready to drink it. If you mix the two before you leave for the gym and then don't drink until after, you won't have useful creatine anymore (or, at least, not as much).

Are you going to go through a "load phase" or just start taking it? I know there are mixed feelings about this. I don't ... mainly out of laziness. I just take 5+g daily and don't purposefully cycle it (though I'll forget to take it on the weekends and don't take it when I travel).
BigFrank 01:52 PM 04-20-2009
Get a jug of gatorade mix. Like 8 bucks from the store.

Pre-mixed gatorade that you buy from the store is dog ****.
King James 03:29 PM 04-20-2009
I think Gatorade (or G! as it's presently known) is maltodextrin and dextrose -- so it'll be a fine transport for the creatine. Remember, though, don't put the creatine *in* the Gatorade until you're ready to drink it. If you mix the two before you leave for the gym and then don't drink until after, you won't have useful creatine anymore (or, at least, not as much).

Are you going to go through a "load phase" or just start taking it? I know there are mixed feelings about this. I don't ... mainly out of laziness. I just take 5+g daily and don't purposefully cycle it (though I'll forget to take it on the weekends and don't take it when I travel).
Been taking creatine in the volu-gro for a month so no need to load. It has the waxy maize in it but I'm just switching to mono for now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Willygt 04:40 PM 04-20-2009

How do you measure the 5g?
I usually put a rounded teaspoon mixed along with the protein shake assuming that is about 5g of creatine :-)

I have been taking the ON-protein with good results, but i switched from chocolate malt to cookies and cream and didnt like it. guess ill go back haha.
icehog3 04:53 PM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by Willygt:
How do you measure the 5g?
I usually put a rounded teaspoon mixed along with the protein shake assuming that is about 5g of creatine :-)

I have been taking the ON-protein with good results, but i switched from chocolate malt to cookies and cream and didnt like it. guess ill go back haha.
Try the Rocky Road...... :-) :-)
The Professor 05:31 PM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Try the Rocky Road...... :-) :-)
Hells yeah! :-) I *almost* bought the 10lb bucket this month. :-)

As for measuring 5g ... I have a 5g scoop. :-)
Willygt 06:11 PM 04-20-2009
Hells yeah! :-) I *almost* bought the 10lb bucket this month. :-)

As for measuring 5g ... I have a 5g scoop. :-)
hahaha ok, Ill try to get some of those cooking scoops :P

and Ill check the Rocky Road.

I loved the cookies and cream from the muscle milk brand so I thought this one was something like it, but :-).

I think I am getting good progress so far with the Max OT techniques, I lift now double of what my friend does, and he started out with me, but left for a while and returned. so far so good. :-)
BigFrank 07:13 PM 04-20-2009
I just use 1 tablespoon. Comes to bout 6grams.
Mugen910 07:25 PM 04-20-2009
Ran 26.2+ miles today :-) the good news is I am down to 187lbs :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Pete 04:43 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Ran 26.2+ miles today :-) the good news is I am down to 187lbs :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Very cool. That ain't no small thing. :-)
Chris. 04:46 AM 04-21-2009
How long does it take you to knock out those miles???
The Professor 04:55 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
That would take me a couple of weeks. :-)
The Professor 06:24 AM 04-21-2009
I love the voice in my head that tells me to go for a second bench rep after failing to touch on the first. :-)

Good push-pull-tri day -- not great, but good. Worked until I just couldn't anymore.

Flat bench (a few sets at 155 then up to the 1.5 @ 165 then a bunch more at 135), machine dips (sets @ 205, 209, and 215), JM presses (worked up to 95lbs with *strict* form ... felt like my tris were going to jump out of my arms), superset straight and V-bar press-downs, superset very close t-bar, close/medium/wide bent over rows (2 circuits).

Basically, today was similar to last week except that I went for more poundage, less speed, and probably fewer reps on bench (though I didn't count). I was definitely stronger on my dips and tri exercises, which is good. I was really out of gas for my pulls, though ... probably because I put so much into everything before and because I'm feeling yesterday's triplex pulls.

So the big question I'm asking myself is: how big will my PR on chest be next week? I've been *wanting* to hit 185. I'm confident I can hit 175. To be honest, though, I'm less confident about 185. Wish one of y'all was here to shout me into success. :-)

Good lifting to all, today! :-)
Mugen910 07:17 AM 04-21-2009
I usually come in about 5 hours..Someday I'll take myself seriously enough to want to run the damn thing instead of plodding my way through it. :-)

That would take me a couple of weeks. :-)
:-)
icehog3 07:35 AM 04-21-2009
Hitting the gym for shoulders and arms in a few...need to blow off some serious steam. :-)
The Professor 07:37 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hitting the gym for shoulders and arms in a few...need to blow off some serious steam. :-)
Just don't forget your CC permit for those GUNZ, Admiral. :-)
icehog3 07:42 AM 04-21-2009
Just don't forget your CC permit for those GUNZ, Admiral. :-)
:-) :-)
Chris. 07:19 PM 04-21-2009
I'd die if I tried to run 30 miles. lol
icehog3 10:11 PM 04-21-2009
I'd die if I tried to run 30 miles. lol
Me too, Chris....but I would love to try 30 miles like the first part of this clip: :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a80x06Wn91U
Page 88 of 350
« First < 3878868788 899098138188 > Last »
Up