Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 85 of 138
« First < 3575838485 868795135 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
rebelknight 11:37 PM 04-19-2011
So glad I had to stay up to do work. If I didn't have work to do I would have called it a night at 4-0. Go Sharks
Ahbroody 11:39 PM 04-19-2011
Un FUC KING Believable !!!
The 4th time in NHL history a team has come back from a 4 goal deficit to win.

Talk about ripping a teams heart out. I mean they just punched someones mom in the face. I am stunned.

I am going to go smoke something good.
mithrilG60 12:25 AM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Holycrap did luongo just $hit his pants infront of the world.
As good as that guy can be, he can completely implode when he faces a little adversity.
As much as this was the annual Luongo Comes Unglued Playoff Game Against Chicago (tm), this one you can't blame on him. He absolutely stood on his head in the first and got almost no help from the rest of the team in the second and third. That and the Chicago goals where just nice nice goals, the only ones that were moderately weak was the 3rd and 6th goals. The Canucks simply didn't want this game anywhere nearly as badly as the Hawks and it showed in the end result.

Refs sent off Scott and Torres. Booooooooo. Scott should have pounded him earlier in the third. :-)
As much as I can't stand him, Torres is a tough guy so I think he would have held his own against Scott despite the obvious difference in size. I do agree that they should have been allowed to go. The CBC central desk had the NHL's head of officials on after the game and he was asked whether ref's over-stepped their bounds by issuing pre-emptive misconducts to prevent that fight. He said no, but the point was raised several times that that fight would have acted like a relief valve and let off some of the pressure between the 2 teams.

As it stands the Torres-Seabrook hit is still hanging over the series and Thursday night is going to be just as viscious as the end of the game tonight which may easily result in someone else getting seriously injured. I just don't get the NHL sometimes. It's almost like they think that MMA On Ice is the key to winning television audiences and they'll go to any length to produce a situation that generates it.
IBQTEE1 08:32 AM 04-20-2011
Hawks win!!! Great game last night. Glad to see they showed up last night. Let's see if they can keep it up.
357 10:55 AM 04-20-2011
Holycrap did luongo just $hit his pants infront of the world.
As good as that guy can be, he can completely implode when he faces a little adversity.

Refs sent off Scott and Torres. Booooooooo. Scott should have pounded him earlier in the third. :-)
The way you described Luongo sounds a bit like Roy. He was lights out most of the time, but if you got to him early he would come unraveled. A game 7 where the Wings pounded the Avs 7-0 comes to mind.

Looking forward to tonight's game, but not tomorrow morning. I have an hour drive to work and I have to be in at 7:30 AM. Game doesn't start until 10:30 PM and regulation won't end until 1:00 AM. If it goes into OT, I will be praying for death when my alarm goes off.
Mr B 11:02 AM 04-20-2011
All I can say is WOW!!!, what a game from the Sharks.
Awesone to watch when they are clickin'. However as great as they played in the second and third of last nights game, its still scary that they had to go to overtime to get both of their wins and go down by 4 in last nights game. They just need to keep that switch turned on.

Go Sharks!!!
357 11:09 AM 04-20-2011
The Sharks maybe playing with fire with a long series and a bunch of OT games. That can haunt you in later rounds.
Bruins Fan 11:47 AM 04-20-2011
Don't count on Jumbo Joe the man child, he folds under pressure and has no heart, that's why Boston gave him away.
He was basically run out of town on a rail :-)
Ahbroody 11:52 AM 04-20-2011
No doubt Mike. I like that they came back and ripped their heart out, but if this wasnt such a young team this wouldnt have happened. I also think this will only work so many times before they start failing.

Would love to see the Sharks big line actually be the dominant line. Once again the Sharks are living on secondary scoring and eventually it will run out.
357 01:18 PM 04-20-2011
No doubt Mike. I like that they came back and ripped their heart out, but if this wasnt such a young team this wouldnt have happened. I also think this will only work so many times before they start failing.

Would love to see the Sharks big line actually be the dominant line. Once again the Sharks are living on secondary scoring and eventually it will run out.
This is true of all teams. You need some secondary scoring, but you can't rely on it. You need your stars to produce.
Mr.Maduro 08:58 PM 04-20-2011
Watching Caps vs. rangers now in 2nd OT...what a game!!

Edit... CAPS WIN!!!
Ahbroody 01:31 AM 04-21-2011
Damn well if the Sharks survive they will face a well rested Wings team. Not good as this looks like a long series for the Sharks. If they survive that is.
Eleven 05:23 AM 04-21-2011
Damn well if the Sharks survive they will face a well rested Wings team. Not good as this looks like a long series for the Sharks. If they survive that is.
I'm pretty sure SJ is gonna take LA, and I really like SJ's chances against the Detroit Pavel Datsyuks.

Phoenix didn't have Big Joe or Marleau to shove down detroits backup goalies throat.

btw, Go Pens!
kugie 07:39 AM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Don't count on Jumbo Joe the man child, he folds under pressure and has no heart, that's why Boston gave him away.
He was basically run out of town on a rail :-)

I concur, he is just a big guy with tons of skill and no heart.
rebelknight 08:12 AM 04-21-2011
Could always hope for the Blackhawks to come back and win in 7. Then I believe we would play them and Detroit would get winner of Nashville-Aneheim.
357 08:49 AM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I'm pretty sure SJ is gonna take LA, and I really like SJ's chances against the Detroit Pavel Datsyuks.

Phoenix didn't have Big Joe or Marleau to shove down detroits backup goalies throat.

btw, Go Away Pens!
Couldn't resist.

You're right the Yotes didn't have Joe or Marleau, but they did have Shane Doan. That guy is a PITA. Phoenix was definitely out-classed. I hope the Wings are rested and not rusty after a long layoff.
icehog3 09:38 AM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
Could always hope for the Blackhawks to come back and win in 7. Then I believe we would play them and Detroit would get winner of Nashville-Aneheim.
That scenario would work for me as well, then we could all be happy. :-)
Ahbroody 09:48 AM 04-21-2011
Well then lets go Blackhawks! Lets go Sharks!
icehog3 10:18 AM 04-21-2011
Well then lets go Blackhawks! Lets go Sharks!
:-)
Sled Dog 10:39 AM 04-21-2011
Good win for the Sabres last night, Arena was rocking, Miller stood on his head all game. Sabres hit some posts early, Philly hit a few late, good playoff hockey.
Page 85 of 138
« First < 3575838485 868795135 > Last »
Up