Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 84 of 225
« First < 3474828384 858694134184 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 09:37 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by razorman937:
Has anyone heard from the Cut-man lately?
Nope. Ever since he got cut by Clear Channel, I haven't heard a peep from him. I used to enjoy listening to him in the mornings on the ride into work.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:19 AM 02-25-2011
Wainright out for the year, good news for the Reds. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:45 AM 02-25-2011
...and bad news for Gomes. I don't see where he did anything wrong, but the media is having a field day with his Wainright comments.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:03 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
...and bad news for Gomes. I don't see where he did anything wrong, but the media is having a field day with his Wainright comments.
Looks like some out of context stuff. If I were a hitter in that division I would be celebrating, albeit not publicly. Stubbs is probably elated. The Reds are probably the clear favorite now. Assuming the MLB is like the NFL, the Reds will be playing a tougher schedule, but will still benefit from the weakest division in baseball. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:32 PM 02-26-2011
CF: Sappelt
2B: Valaika
LF: Alonso
3B: Frasier
1B: Francisco
C: Mesoraco
RF: Hermidia
SS: Cozart

Rotation: Leake or Wood, Maloney, LeCure, Klinker
Bullpen: Jordan Smith, Joseph, Fisher, Valiquette,

It's gonna be a good year. Our Triple A team is stacked this year and could probably compete with major league teams. If our triple A team looks this good, just think what we're gonna do this year.:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 01:08 PM 02-26-2011
FYI

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nletter-sports

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...nletter-sports
[Reply]
hotreds 02:46 PM 02-26-2011
Flash:

Edinson Volquez can’t pitch in tomorrow’s spring opener because of visa issues. In short, he’s not allowed to play in front of paying fans without a work visa.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:58 PM 02-26-2011

Our Triple A team is stacked this year and could probably compete with major league teams. :-)
:-) Not even close. Thats like saying a college team could beat the Bengals. Not possible. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:18 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
:-) Not even close. Thats like saying a college team could beat the Bengals. Not possible. :-)
Are you sure you meant to say Bengals?:-)

Pittsburgh, KC, Seattle, and Baltimore could be easily beaten by our Triple A team right now. I didn't say competitive with all teams. Of course they're gonna get beat by NY, Boston, and Phillie.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:34 PM 02-28-2011
Are you sure you meant to say Bengals?:-)

Pittsburgh, KC, Seattle, and Baltimore could be easily beaten by our Triple A team right now. I didn't say competitive with all teams. Of course they're gonna get beat by NY, Boston, and Phillie.
No. There is a reason that the players are in Triple-A. Across the board, there isn't a chance that a lower level team could beat the next step up. Its like saying the CFL AllStar team could beat the Browns. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:36 PM 03-01-2011
No. There is a reason that the players are in Triple-A. Across the board, there isn't a chance that a lower level team could beat the next step up. Its like saying the CFL AllStar team could beat the Browns. :-)
There is a reason that they are in Triple A. Because there are better players in our organization to make the major league team. We don't trade all of our prospects just b/c all of them are good enough to play in the majors. If we did that, we would have no farm system. Remember, we only have a 40 man roster. It's always a good idea to have the rest MLB ready. We have a great farm system right now and I'm happy that we have plenty of back up in case some of our regulars are injury plagued this year. Look at Pittsburgh. They have no money, no major league team, and no minor league prospects that are worth a crap. They are there just to sell a few tickets and make money through revenue sharing. Our organization is finally coming to the realization that winning makes money, so we have signed some excellent talent over the last few years and have drafted decent. Our triple a team could beat the Pirates any day of the week.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:04 PM 03-01-2011
Our triple a team could beat the Pirates any day of the week.
Nope. They might beat them on A day of the year, not any day of the week.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:29 PM 03-02-2011
On a lighter note, did anyone see the article discussing that Charlie Sheen is a huge Reds fan? He hosted two parties for the team at his home in LA back in 90 and 92.

:-):-)

Pete Rose, Marge Schott, and now Charlie Sheen. (insert facepalm smile)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:52 PM 03-02-2011
LOL. Winning!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:48 AM 03-03-2011
On a lighter note, did anyone see the article discussing that Charlie Sheen is a huge Reds fan? He hosted two parties for the team at his home in LA back in 90 and 92.

:-):-)

Pete Rose, Marge Schott, and now Charlie Sheen. (insert facepalm smile)
Apparently some players loved hookers and stripper parties at Sheen's place. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:31 PM 03-03-2011
Apparently some players loved hookers and stripper parties at Sheen's place. :-)
Who wouldn't?:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:36 AM 03-27-2011
A sad moment in Reds history:
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...iss|umbrella|1

I miss Riverfront. In one of the aerial pics, you can still see the mound and the foul lines on the field.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:39 AM 03-27-2011
I miss Riverfront. In one of the aerial pics, you can still see the mound and the foul lines on the field.
Amen. The new field is nice but all we have from Riverfront (never did call it Cinergy, that was lame too) is memories now.

I have a ton a great memories from the old place.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:59 AM 03-27-2011
I miss Riverfront, but GABP is so much better. You are closer to the field, better scoreboards, etc.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:31 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Amen. The new field is nice but all we have from Riverfront (never did call it Cinergy, that was lame too) is memories now.

I have a ton a great memories from the old place.
Great moments took place on those grounds.:-) Cinergy was lame, I agree.

Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I miss Riverfront, but GABP is so much better. You are closer to the field, better scoreboards, etc.
Yes, GABP is a better ball park (the view, atmosphere, you can actually see the river, etc...), but Riverfront was a place where history was made and was home to the Big Red Machine. I'm sure those who remember Crosley Field felt the same way when they tore it down as I do about Riverfront.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 225
« First < 3474828384 858694134184 > Last »
Up