Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 83 of 96
« First < 3373818283 848593 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Apoco 02:22 PM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
I... I might ACTUALLY be that nerdy.

God help me.
I'm just waiting for the time where some guy has pointed his webcam at a picture on the wall so that the character has a ridiculous expression the entire time.

I'm envisioning a guy with his mouth gaping open and eyes pointed in opposite directions.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 04:45 PM 06-11-2012
Anybody keep up with this year's E3 coverage? Looked pretty lackluster to me this year with a few exceptions. The Last of Us looks pretty cool.
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 10:31 PM 06-11-2012
Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 are the only releases I'm excited for. Borderlands 2, to me, will surpass Skyrim. Borderlands is by far my favorite game
[Reply]
Apoco 08:22 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Anybody keep up with this year's E3 coverage? Looked pretty lackluster to me this year with a few exceptions. The Last of Us looks pretty cool.
Watch Dogs also looked good.

Past that - all that I saw was "KINECTKINECTKINECT" from Microsoft, "Here's a TON of detail about a minigame" from nintendo, and "..." from Sony.

I wasn't able to watch it, though - I just read up on some of the headlines after the fact.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 02:28 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Watch Dogs also looked good.

Past that - all that I saw was "KINECTKINECTKINECT" from Microsoft, "Here's a TON of detail about a minigame" from nintendo, and "..." from Sony.

I wasn't able to watch it, though - I just read up on some of the headlines after the fact.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pretty good summary there.:-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 07:35 AM 06-13-2012
Don't forget Call of Duty blah blah #172. The g4 guy was saying how cool it was that they've "stayed true to the formula that made them successful". Yep that's one way to put it.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:43 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
Don't forget Call of Duty blah blah #172. The g4 guy was saying how cool it was that they've "stayed true to the formula that made them successful". Yep that's one way to put it.
:-)

AKA Beating a dead horse endlessly for years and years to come.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:47 AM 06-13-2012
NCAA 13 will be out here soon. I really enjoy the NCAA games. EA needs to go back to the basics on their NFL games. To much BS on the NFL games.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:46 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 are the only releases I'm excited for. Borderlands 2, to me, will surpass Skyrim. Borderlands is by far my favorite game
I'm FIENDING for Borderlands2.

Just actually bought Command & Conquer "The First 10 years" 'cause I was missing Generals: Zero Hour.

Secret World: Preordered. Perhaps foolish but, meh. It was shiney. I'll know during this weekend's beta if it's money that would've been better spent on a couple boxes of Iron Horses.

I keep getting caught by these "Indy Bundle" things. I like supporting the small scale dev shops but I wish the games didn't just SUCK so much.

Still psyched for Torchlight 2.

D3 still covered in mehsauce.

Warlock is taking WAY too much of my time "eh, I'll play a couple turns...no WAY that was 3 hours! O.O!"
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:44 AM 06-15-2012
I cant wait for the new Assassans Creed. Killing red coats is going to be fun!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:59 AM 06-15-2012
Assassin's Creed 3 and Borderlands 2 are going to be two of only a few games this year that I'm a) really excited about and b) will actually play all the way through
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:21 PM 06-15-2012
I almost feel like the Assassin's creed games are rolling out too fast, I mean I know they have a story to tell, but it's like they are making expansion packs and selling them as full games.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:19 PM 06-16-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
I almost feel like the Assassin's creed games are rolling out too fast, I mean I know they have a story to tell, but it's like they are making expansion packs and selling them as full games.

I see what you're saying but I can't completely agree, the games have quite a bit of play time. That said it really isn't hard to make a few changes to essentially the same game and come up with a new storyline.

I enjoy the franchise though, reminds me of the Hitman games, speaking of which I can't wait for the new one.

Although I couldn't playthrough Revelations, it's terrible....I'll have to complete it though :-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 05:59 PM 06-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:

I see what you're saying but I can't completely agree, the games have quite a bit of play time. That said it really isn't hard to make a few changes to essentially the same game and come up with a new storyline.

I enjoy the franchise though, reminds me of the Hitman games, speaking of which I can't wait for the new one.

Although I couldn't playthrough Revelations, it's terrible....I'll have to complete it though :-)
Making a few changes and coming up with a new story line used to be called an expansion pack. Because it takes a fraction of the time and effort that an actual full game takes, the cost should be adjusted accordingly, IMO anyway. Another 60 bucks for what is essentially just a story continuation is a major peeve of mine.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:01 PM 06-16-2012
Frankly paying $60 for a game is too much period. Not sure when they made that change but I do not support it at all. I agree with the cost 120%.

They are getting lazier and lazier with games I will give you that as well.

Getting pretty bad, I haven't been IMPRESSED in a while.
[Reply]
carguy13 06:01 PM 06-16-2012
medal of honor - war fighter should be pretty cool, also the new GTA is coming out.
[Reply]
carguy13 06:01 PM 06-16-2012
oh yeah, and diablo 3 was awesome... anyone play that?
[Reply]
Bill86 06:09 PM 06-16-2012
Originally Posted by carguy13:
oh yeah, and diablo 3 was awesome... anyone play that?
I'm still boycotting that one.

Pony level? The shame, no cows no diablo.....

No Paladin.....BOOOOOO

1-60, isn't 1-99 either :-)
[Reply]
carguy13 06:20 PM 06-16-2012
what a shame... it's a great game. i haven't played any of the others though.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:53 PM 06-16-2012
Originally Posted by carguy13:
what a shame... it's a great game. i haven't played any of the others though.
Ah hell, that could be why. Diablo 2 was like 7 years of my life, so the hype for this 3rd one was beyond anything I've ever anticipated.

Blizzard has a bad habit of ruining a good thing.
[Reply]
Page 83 of 96
« First < 3373818283 848593 > Last »
Up