Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 83 of 350
« First < 3373818283 848593133183 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 10:11 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
you're a little crazy sometimes, aren't you?
Pre-White Flood humor....it can be a little "off". :-)
The Professor 10:35 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Pre-White Flood humor....it can be a little "off". :-)
yes it can. :-) :-)
Willygt 11:07 AM 04-03-2009
Hey whats up guys!

I wanted to see if this has happened to you before. Yesterday at the gim, I got a bruise in my fore arm, looks like a purple blotch which doesn't hurt, but I dont remember hitting or scratching against anything. I did shoulder and trap lifts so I did put some pressure on my forearm, and tried to lift a little bit more of weight this time.

The excersises I did before noticing the bruise were barbell shoulder press, then some dumbell shoulder press, side arm raises, and deadlifts. After the deadlifts I noticed this bruise. Since I felt no pain or anything I finished with barbell shoulder shrugs but it was the same.

Today it does not hurt either it just looks funny. What Its strange its that I dont recal hurting myself or anything. I have had bruises in my shoudlers after using the standing calf raises machine but nothing ever like this and for no reason at all.

Has this ever happened to you? :-)
The Professor 11:19 AM 04-03-2009
Burst blood vessels from straining the muscles? Something (muscle) torn or compressed a little causing a hematoma? Or maybe you just bumped into something and forgot?
hova45 11:30 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Burst blood vessels from straining the muscles? Something (muscle) torn or compressed a little causing a hematoma? Or maybe you just bumped into something and forgot?
Or like in my case just bumped into something and didn't feel it.
Willygt 11:49 AM 04-03-2009
Thats the first thing I thought bumping into something, but I really dont recall it and also it doesn't hurt at all.

I ve hurt myself like that in the past but the bruise was different, it looked solid, not like small dots like this one.

well, I guess Ill wait and see if it fades out on this days.
PeteSB75 01:40 PM 04-03-2009
Looks more like strained/burst capillaries. You go a lot heavier than normal? Maybe lose control of one of the dumbells briefly, but recover? Only thing I can think of, but I'm no MD.
Mugen910 02:00 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by Willygt:
Hey whats up guys!

I wanted to see if this has happened to you before. Yesterday at the gim, I got a bruise in my fore arm, looks like a purple blotch which doesn't hurt, but I dont remember hitting or scratching against anything. I did shoulder and trap lifts so I did put some pressure on my forearm, and tried to lift a little bit more of weight this time.

The excersises I did before noticing the bruise were barbell shoulder press, then some dumbell shoulder press, side arm raises, and deadlifts. After the deadlifts I noticed this bruise. Since I felt no pain or anything I finished with barbell shoulder shrugs but it was the same.

Today it does not hurt either it just looks funny. What Its strange its that I dont recal hurting myself or anything. I have had bruises in my shoudlers after using the standing calf raises machine but nothing ever like this and for no reason at all.

Has this ever happened to you? :-)

Do you have one on your other arm in the same location? Did your GF/Wife pin you down? :-)

It is prob nothing...
Mugen910 02:02 PM 04-03-2009
4 miles in the rain and only 60 pushups 20x 20x 10x 10x..I am such a girl...:-) TGIF
PeteSB75 03:04 PM 04-04-2009
Good full-body today. New PR on Squats(255x5 3 sets), Power Cleans(125x5 3 sets), Flat Bench(175x5 3 sets) and Deads(205x5). GF was giving me dirty looks at the two hour mark. :-)
icehog3 04:03 PM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Good full-body today. New PR on Squats(255x5 3 sets), Power Cleans(125x5 3 sets), Flat Bench(175x5 3 sets) and Deads(205x5). GF was giving me dirty looks at the two hour mark. :-)
Sounds like a great workout, Pete. :-)

I had a low energy day at the gym, gonna try it again tomorrow and take Monday off for a little rest.
BigFrank 06:47 AM 04-05-2009
I hate low energy days Tom. Few guys I workout with get those red line energy shots. From what I hear they get ya ready to go big time.

Nothing special for me as of late. Things are on cruise control. About 2 more weeks or so on my current routine. Don't know what will happen after that. Looking around for programs.
icehog3 08:42 AM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I hate low energy days Tom. Few guys I workout with get those red line energy shots. From what I hear they get ya ready to go big time.

Nothing special for me as of late. Things are on cruise control. About 2 more weeks or so on my current routine. Don't know what will happen after that. Looking around for programs.
I may give that a shot if I feel anything like I did yesterday again today. Regardless, I think I may be slightly overtrained, and will take tomorrow off.

What type of programs have you been eyeing, Frank?
King James 11:05 AM 04-05-2009
I also need a new program, if anyone has/finds a good one
icehog3 12:55 PM 04-05-2009
Exact opposite of yesterday, high energy/high strength day. I made the most of it, and spent a good 2 hours in the gym.
BigFrank 06:42 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What type of programs have you been eyeing, Frank?
So far a modified westside routine has caught my eye. There are also a few basic templates that I my end up using to keep things simple and pair with a diet/conditioning. Sheiko has been something I have been interested in. I would love to give it a shot, but it demands 2+ hours in the gym three days a week and contains a ton of volume, and between work and home life not sure if I can work that out. Also been debating about using an old routine of mine from a few years ago.
One of my biggest goals is to work on my conditioning while maintaining and/ or gaining strength. Sadly, over the past 8 months my strength has jumped an unreal amount, but like most guys I have gained about an extra 15+ pounds and sadly I do not have the conditioning I used to. Not really worried about weight or how I look per say, but I would like to run a mile and not puke violently at the end.
icehog3 09:17 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
So far a modified westside routine has caught my eye. There are also a few basic templates that I my end up using to keep things simple and pair with a diet/conditioning. Sheiko has been something I have been interested in. I would love to give it a shot, but it demands 2+ hours in the gym three days a week and contains a ton of volume, and between work and home life not sure if I can work that out. Also been debating about using an old routine of mine from a few years ago.
One of my biggest goals is to work on my conditioning while maintaining and/ or gaining strength. Sadly, over the past 8 months my strength has jumped an unreal amount, but like most guys I have gained about an extra 15+ pounds and sadly I do not have the conditioning I used to. Not really worried about weight or how I look per say, but I would like to run a mile and not puke violently at the end.
Might I suggest adding some ice hockey? :-)
teotides 11:18 PM 04-05-2009
I skipped the gym today when I realized a monster Northwest swell was hitting right down the street. 8-10' solid building to 14'. Needless to say I got some intense cardio and paddled until my arms were noodles and my cheeks hurt from grinning so much. My triceps actually started to cramp up at the end of the session...prolly not enough water before I got in (and the water was a balmy 45 degrees)
icehog3 11:20 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by teotides:
I skipped the gym today when I realized a monster Northwest swell was hitting right down the street. 8-10' solid building to 14'. Needless to say I got some intense cardio and paddled until my arms were noodles and my cheeks hurt from grinning so much. My triceps actually started to cramp up at the end of the session...prolly not enough water before I got in (and the water was a balmy 45 degrees)

:-) :-)
The Professor 06:56 AM 04-06-2009
Decided to start the week with back as I've been doing chest on Mondays for a while.

Once I got in the gym, deadlifts started calling my name. Not sure why ... it just seemed like a deadlifting day. Moreover, it seemed like a heavy deadlifting day -- heavy in the sense that I really wanted to push myself for maximum weight.

Started with some 100lb cable pullthroughs, slowly, to warmup and stretch those hams.

135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 3

Grip started giving me some problems about here. I tried the next without straps; but ended up strapping up.

365 x 1 (easy)
405 x 1 (easy -- this is tying my PR ... I should have done a second to break my PR)
455 x 0 (loaded it up, give it the ol' college try, but didn't get it off the ground)

Followed it up with 3 sets of 8 reps each, super-setting close, medium, and wide grip barbell bent-over rows @ 135.

I was just out of juice by the end here. Felt good about my 455 attempt. Gonna work 405s in more often (since this was only my second time pulling it). Need to do some real grip work, too, so I can pull it unassisted.

Good lifting to all today. :-)
Page 83 of 350
« First < 3373818283 848593133183 > Last »
Up