Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 82 of 129
« First < 3272808182 838492 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 02:54 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
I'm not a doctor, but there could be many reasons for a plateau, and sure you could do atkins for 2 weeks, but going off it and starting to eat the **** that is absolute garbage for you ie bread, pasta, sugar is just going to make you gain it back. I'm not a doctor tho, but i'm doing this for life.

The best thing about this is never hungry between meals, and 0 cravings
I wouldn't call it garbage or ****, just not what is perscribed for the Atkins diet. But that's my question. If I only do it for two weeks and then go back to my low portioning/lower fat content diet, will it reverse the effects of the two weeks on the Atkins?
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 03:20 PM 05-26-2011
Took my PT Test today.

70 push ups in 1 minute
60 sit ups in 1 minute
35.5 inch waist
190lbs
1.5 miles in 13:03 minutes
The run was slower than last time I took the test but everything else was better. I'm pretty proud of maxing out push ups and sit ups.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:15 PM 05-26-2011
Good job, Earl!:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:45 PM 05-26-2011
Sorry Andy, can't really help you with the Atkins questions. I doubt it could hurt, but I'm guessing you'd not see any real benefits if you only do it two weeks. I think it takes that long for your body to get into ketosis (Myles, correct me if I"m wrong), where it's starting to burn it's fat stores for energy.

I would go with Kirk's suggestion and change up your workout. That's the major concept behind systems like Insanity and P90x. Over time you're body will get used to the routine. Need to change it up to keep it guessing.

Nice job Earl. I'm hoping to get to that level some day.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:36 PM 05-26-2011
I believe Bob is right Andy. I think Atkins is meant to be a lifestyle change not a temporary thing. You can get into ketosis fairly quickly bob, but if yiou're just going to go off it soon after, i IMAGINE, that you'll just gain back everything you lost.

Andy, as for calling Bread, Pasta, Sugar as Garbage or Sh1t, i didn't mean to offend you and hope i didn't. It's just my opinion that these foods don't have a positive benefit for someone trying to lose weight unless they are an extreme ectomorph and cardio machine, like a kenyan marathon runner. Just my opinion tho :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:28 PM 05-26-2011
I believe Bob is right Andy. I think Atkins is meant to be a lifestyle change not a temporary thing. You can get into ketosis fairly quickly bob, but if yiou're just going to go off it soon after, i IMAGINE, that you'll just gain back everything you lost.

Andy, as for calling Bread, Pasta, Sugar as Garbage or Sh1t, i didn't mean to offend you and hope i didn't. It's just my opinion that these foods don't have a positive benefit for someone trying to lose weight unless they are an extreme ectomorph and cardio machine, like a kenyan marathon runner. Just my opinion tho :-)
I wasn't offended, just clarifying. There's also some foods that are totally allowed with low carb dieting (not sure about Atkins) that are pure bad for you too, such as greasy bacon and sausage. I love them though.:-) It goes both ways.

Thanks for the response, Myles.:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 10:09 PM 05-26-2011
If you read the books, you'd see that bacon and natural meat products including their own fat are not at all bad for you. It's conventional teachings of "health" that has you brain washed. Yet look at how many people bust their balls eating "low fat" and never...ever lose weight. With Respect.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:40 AM 05-27-2011
correction: saturated fats are not bad for you..in the context of a low carb lifestyle.
[Reply]
mfarre03 06:47 AM 05-27-2011
Nice job Earl!! Impressive, can't wait till I can do more then 3 push ups again, lol.

Ok, so the bad thing is I found out the scale at work is 10 lbs heavier then at home. Of course the good news, now that my home scale can read my weight(400lbmax) I am down to 379 from 412. I started almost 3 weeks ago, just another 100 to go! lol
[Reply]
Starscream 06:47 AM 05-27-2011
If you read the books, you'd see that bacon and natural meat products including their own fat are not at all bad for you. It's conventional teachings of "health" that has you brain washed. Yet look at how many people bust their balls eating "low fat" and never...ever lose weight. With Respect.
They eat products labeled low fat or reduced fat. Those labels are misleading and at other times outright lies. Low fat means eating more natural foods really. Lean meats, fruits and vegetables are all low fat.
I definitely agree with you about natural foods. Processed foods are what is wrong with our health now.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:06 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Processed foods are what is wrong with our health now.
BINGO! We have a winner! :-)

[/rant]
Reading Michael Pollan's books have really opened my eyes to how our "food" is currently made. It's not by chefs or cooks, but by scientists who break down the raw product into so many different parts, only to use a formula to put it all back together to get a finished product. I'm sorry, but that's not food.
[/rant]
[Reply]
mfarre03 09:03 AM 05-27-2011
[quote=Chainsaw13;1276535]BINGO! We have a winner! :-)

But they all taste ohhhh soo good!!!
[Reply]
shilala 09:57 AM 05-27-2011
I wouldn't call it garbage or ****, just not what is perscribed for the Atkins diet. But that's my question. If I only do it for two weeks and then go back to my low portioning/lower fat content diet, will it reverse the effects of the two weeks on the Atkins?
Andy, I think you'd just get lots of extra fat from the meats that will get stored as fat because your body is running on the carbs you take in.
Meaning you'd put on mass and gain weight.
At least that's how I understand it.
You have to eliminate carbs, or severely restrict them for your body to start using your fat stores, then you can run on that for a long time.
That's a wildly pared down explanation of what Atkins does.
[Reply]
shilala 10:07 AM 05-27-2011
Processed foods are what is wrong with our health now.
Amen.
Problem is, there's no Mom's at home who have all day to prepare meals from scratch, using stuff we've grown and picked/slaughtered at home.
So in comes processed regurgitated snot to care for the masses, and save the day, ya know?
We get run so ragged that lots of times we get backed into the corner and get forced to eat sh1t or starve.
Ever see any fat Amish kids? They're the antipathy of our society, and they eat and do as we should. They have the extra hands and time to do it, we don't. It's just how we live.
I suppose we could go to good food with good ingredients if we gave up lots of other things we do, but we're tv trained.
It's a tough situation, yo?
[Reply]
ashtonlady 04:24 PM 05-28-2011
Weekend is starting out ok, not eating so great, but walking more. We shall see what happends on Wednesday.
[Reply]
kgoings 04:28 PM 05-28-2011
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.
[Reply]
goalie204 09:38 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Amen.
Problem is, there's no Mom's at home who have all day to prepare meals from scratch, using stuff we've grown and picked/slaughtered at home.
So in comes processed regurgitated snot to care for the masses, and save the day, ya know?
We get run so ragged that lots of times we get backed into the corner and get forced to eat sh1t or starve.
Ever see any fat Amish kids? They're the antipathy of our society, and they eat and do as we should. They have the extra hands and time to do it, we don't. It's just how we live.
I suppose we could go to good food with good ingredients if we gave up lots of other things we do, but we're tv trained.
It's a tough situation, yo?

It is, but there are plenty of good choices that aren't processed and full of crap. Problem is, eating a lot of protein and fats is expensive. I'm lucky i can afford it.
[Reply]
shilala 08:39 AM 05-29-2011
204.2 today. I think pound 204 has been the longest pound ever.
I do expect the 190's to come real quick now that the weather has turned and my muscles are working right again.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:54 AM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.
I'm in the same boat this week, Kirk. My brother is in town for the week before he gets shipped to Afghanistan. I plan on doing some heavy drinking this week at some point. I've kept my weight stable by cutting back on the alcohol as of late, but this weekend may be all out for at least a day or two.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:01 PM 05-29-2011
Keep up the good work everyone. I'm using the heck out of the treadmill at the hotel. Did a 5k yesterday in 40:32. Ran over a full mile of it. Felt good. Starting to get close to going down another belt notch. Blowing it a bit today though. Needed a taste of home and hit up the Hooters for some wings and rings. Should've stuck with the beef.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 82 of 129
« First < 3272808182 838492 > Last »
Up