Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 81 of 129
« First < 3171798081 828391 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 06:22 AM 05-25-2011
241. Down a pound. First drop since Easter.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:31 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
241. Down a pound. First drop since Easter.
Closing in on that goal. Keep it up. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:34 AM 05-25-2011
Only three away, but it's taking forever!
[Reply]
shilala 08:13 AM 05-25-2011
205.2 this morning. Not sure if that's the lowest I've reported to date, but I haven't been at the computer much.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:38 AM 05-25-2011
Keep it up, Scott.:-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 10:00 AM 05-25-2011
Reporting in at 218 :-) Got to start some where.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:05 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by ashtonlady:
Reporting in at 218 :-) Got to start some where.
A start is always good. Keep it up!
[Reply]
kgoings 10:43 AM 05-25-2011
Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
[Reply]
shilala 11:32 AM 05-25-2011
Well done, Kirk. :-)
That 2.2 lbs. the last week would be an awesome average. It might settle down a little lower, but if it stayed, that'd be sweet.
I usually lose around 1.6 lbs a week (or did in the past, I haven't tracked any numbers this time at all), and it's always steady. I'm getting more active so I try to eat a bit more to match it. I don't usually eat odd stuff at all, and don't binge except maybe at Family Day where I eat tiny bits all day until I finally can't eat another bite, but that never amounts to moving the scale one way or another.
[Reply]
hscmit 11:35 AM 05-25-2011
182 this morning,
down 2 lbs from 2 weeks ago
[Reply]
Starscream 01:12 PM 05-25-2011
Nice work, Kirk and James.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:18 PM 05-25-2011
Well done, James!!! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:09 PM 05-25-2011
Good news all around. Keep it up people. I don't want to have to come to your house and kick your butts around. :-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 07:33 PM 05-25-2011
Come and get me Bob. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 05:42 AM 05-26-2011
down here to the lowest ive been in a while, still wanna get lower, but its nice to see the results come, even if they're coming slower than i'd like. It's been over a month since i've been doing atkins (modified for what i can do) - it's the longest i've ever stuck to a new eating plan.

The nice thing about the new atkins is that its not like the old one where its just high protein, on this new one you are supposed to eat like 6 cups of salad greens and 2 cups of the right cooked vegetables a day, plus the good fats like olive oil etc, although i've been enjoying some cheese and cream cheese too, and even whipped cream with splenda! And too much protein can actually hinder fat loss. Amazing book the new one is. I recommend it to anyone that wants to try this, or if its something you're not interested in, it's just a good read, and you'll learn a lot. Anyway, not going to lie - this is easy, effective, and awesome :-) muahaha.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:11 AM 05-26-2011
Ill check it out when i get back Myles. I'm sure it'll help me with my diabetes, especially since that's the main reason Atkins founded the diet.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:51 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
down here to the lowest ive been in a while, still wanna get lower, but its nice to see the results come, even if they're coming slower than i'd like. It's been over a month since i've been doing atkins (modified for what i can do) - it's the longest i've ever stuck to a new eating plan.

The nice thing about the new atkins is that its not like the old one where its just high protein, on this new one you are supposed to eat like 6 cups of salad greens and 2 cups of the right cooked vegetables a day, plus the good fats like olive oil etc, although i've been enjoying some cheese and cream cheese too, and even whipped cream with splenda! And too much protein can actually hinder fat loss. Amazing book the new one is. I recommend it to anyone that wants to try this, or if its something you're not interested in, it's just a good read, and you'll learn a lot. Anyway, not going to lie - this is easy, effective, and awesome :-) muahaha.
Question:
Since I've been on a plateau for about a month now, would it be feasible to follow the Atkins for about two to three weeks in order to shake things up and then revert back to my regular diet (which is just a scaled back bit of everything)?
[Reply]
kgoings 12:48 PM 05-26-2011
Question:
Since I've been on a plateau for about a month now, would it be feasible to follow the Atkins for about two to three weeks in order to shake things up and then revert back to my regular diet (which is just a scaled back bit of everything)?
Mayo Clinic says reassess your habits. Increase your workouts.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wei...lateau/MY01152

Try counting your calories for a day or two (best a week) and see what your average is. And then calculate what your caloric intake should be for your desired weight. At first when losing weight cutting back on what you eat helps allot..but from past experience you'll need to cut back again before you get to your goal weight.

Atkins might work too, but I think in the long run, try to find a way to either increase your workouts a bit or decrease your calories...or both.

:-):-):-) Keep at it!
[Reply]
kgoings 12:49 PM 05-26-2011
Back to working out hard today. Insanity is insane! :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 02:03 PM 05-26-2011
Question:
I'm not a doctor, but there could be many reasons for a plateau, and sure you could do atkins for 2 weeks, but going off it and starting to eat the **** that is absolute garbage for you ie bread, pasta, sugar is just going to make you gain it back. I'm not a doctor tho, but i'm doing this for life.

The best thing about this is never hungry between meals, and 0 cravings
[Reply]
Page 81 of 129
« First < 3171798081 828391 > Last »
Up