Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 80 of 99
« First < 3070787980 818290 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
longknocker 12:00 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by G G:
I have had my two invictas now and had a chance to wear both. I am sure most everyone saw the pics of the one I bought which is a two tone gold and silver 47 mm Pro Diver, and the one I was bombed by Mark (Conch Republican) which is a silver Pro Diver at 39 or 40 mms. I love them both so far. I would also say that the one Mark sent me seems to glow better at night than the one I bought. The magnification window is a plus for me on the invictas as I couldn't see the date on the old watch I was wearing that doesn't have this feature.
:-)So Do You Switch Watches Every Day, Greg?
[Reply]
Remo 12:02 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Before my cigar addiction I had a watch problem!! Had a watch for everyday of the week and then some :-) now down to one :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:22 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Before my cigar addiction I had a watch problem!! Had a watch for everyday of the week and then some :-) now down to one :-)
Well, We Are Addicted To More Than Cigars, Right, Mike?:-)
[Reply]
Remo 12:31 PM 01-13-2014

Here is the go to work look
:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
Remo 12:32 PM 01-13-2014
Well, We Are Addicted To More Than Cigars, Right, Mike?:-)
I hear you like golf a bit :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:35 PM 01-13-2014
I hear you like golf a bit :-)
Cigars, Watches, Guns, Knives, Pens, Golf. That's About It.:-)
[Reply]
Remo 12:37 PM 01-13-2014
Cigars, Watches, Guns, Knives, Pens, Golf. That's About It.:-)
Start on flashlights now :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:39 PM 01-13-2014
Start on flashlights now :-)
Oh, I Forgot That!:-) I Have 5-6 Of Those.:-)
[Reply]
Remo 12:41 PM 01-13-2014
Oh, I Forgot That!:-) I Have 5-6 Of Those.:-)
Figured :-)
[Reply]
G G 04:04 PM 01-13-2014
nah, they both came in on the 9th. I wore the bigger one for a couple days and switched to the smaller one. I figured the bigger one would be more of a dress watch cause it's silver and gold plus big, and the smaller one would be better to wear at work since it is smaller and will probably tend to not get hung up on stuff while I am crawling around inside wrecked cars and whatnot. But maybe I am over analytical.
[Reply]
Conch Republican 06:40 PM 01-13-2014
That's what I do. :-)
[Reply]
G G 07:05 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Conch Republican:
That's what I do. :-)
you too.:-)
[Reply]
billybarue 08:27 PM 01-13-2014
Luminox field chronograph in a jewelry store today. Lightly used and was a trade-in. A little bigger style than I like, but the price seems right - they're asking $400? Oiled,up,and shined up by the watch guys at their main store. Has original box and paperwork. Any inputs on this watch would be appreciated. I'm not a big collector.
[Reply]
Veatorious 10:17 PM 01-13-2014
Attachment 14281

Here is the go to work look :-)
Got any ZULU straps? Another sweet combo would be a ISOfrane....
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:58 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by billybarue:
Luminox field chronograph in a jewelry store today. Lightly used and was a trade-in. A little bigger style than I like, but the price seems right - they're asking $400? Oiled,up,and shined up by the watch guys at their main store. Has original box and paperwork. Any inputs on this watch would be appreciated. I'm not a big collector.
$400 sounds on the high side for that watch, but I could be totally off. Just shooting from the hip. :-)
[Reply]
billybarue 08:22 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
$400 sounds on the high side for that watch, but I could be totally off. Just shooting from the hip. :-)

Retail new is in the range of $650. What is the range to expect for a "gently" used watch (ie 50%, 25%, ???)? Bonus is it was checked out by the jewelry store.

Any comments on Luminox in general would be appreciated.
[Reply]
Remo 08:24 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by Veatorious:
Got any ZULU straps? Another sweet combo would be a ISOfrane....
Used to be the Zulu freak, not a one anymore, may need to grab one :-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 08:53 AM 01-14-2014
Retail new is in the range of $650. What is the range to expect for a "gently" used watch (ie 50%, 25%, ???)? Bonus is it was checked out by the jewelry store.

I've had a luminox for years, it's one with the black pvd coated steel bracelet (USAF Stealth something or other). It's sitting in my display case needing a new battery. I like it a lot, just keep in mind that there is a limited life span on the tritium inserts, they will dull and eventually stop glowing.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:35 AM 01-14-2014

Figure if the retail is $650, you should be able to buy new at 20% off = $520 and used should be 50% value at $325. Does the jewelry shop warranty the watch? If not, who cares if was "checked out"?
[Reply]
macsauce13 05:12 PM 01-16-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Figure if the retail is $650, you should be able to buy new at 20% off = $520 and used should be 50% value at $325. Does the jewelry shop warranty the watch? If not, who cares if was "checked out"?
50% off for used sounds a little high for me. Not unrealistic, but probably not for very good-excellent condition watches. I'm with you on the "checked out" noise.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 99
« First < 3070787980 818290 > Last »
Up