Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 80 of 138
« First < 3070787980 818290130 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Diths0er 06:38 PM 11-18-2011
Well, you know, when you first get into cigars you're constantly told "keep them at 70/70 or you'll ruin them. . ."
I'm sure we've all heard it.
But I'm finding that people on this site are right, and they do smoke better at 67 rh, some even at 65.
[Reply]
md4958 08:30 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Diths0er:
Well, you know, when you first get into cigars you're constantly told "keep them at 70/70 or you'll ruin them. . ."
I'm sure we've all heard it.
But I'm finding that people on this site are right, and they do smoke better at 67 rh, some even at 65.
And some even lower than that. After a while you will find a RH that works for you. I thought I should keep my CC in the 62% range, but I found that they taste better for me between 65-67%.

A little experimentation is all you need, its all personal preference.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:33 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
And some even lower than that. After a while you will find a RH that works for you. I thought I should keep my CC in the 62% range, but I found that they taste better for me between 65-67%.

A little experimentation is all you need, its all personal preference.
:-) 63-65 For All My Sticks, Both CC & NC.:-)
[Reply]
kingcobradude 10:05 PM 11-19-2011
I am 18 and I found CI and a lot of other online stores will not sell to people 18 years of age, even though that is legal smoking age. Why not? and dos anyone know of an online store with a wide selection that will sell to smeone like me who is 18?
[Reply]
Bill86 10:21 PM 11-19-2011
Originally Posted by kingcobradude:
I am 18 and I found CI and a lot of other online stores will not sell to people 18 years of age, even though that is legal smoking age. Why not? and dos anyone know of an online store with a wide selection that will sell to smeone like me who is 18?
Cigarsatyourprice.com has a disclaimer that reads "*Persons need to be of legal age in their state to purchase cigars and cigar accessories from cigarsatyourprice.com
**Shipping outside of New York only."

I would think that includes you, eh?

I had this debate with someone before. Cigar shops often require you to be 21 but tobacco law is 18. So hypothetically if an 18 year old asks me to buy him a cigar because he can't........seems that's okay? I dunno what the law is but it doesn't make sense. No one has ever asked this, so it's purely hypothetical but it kinda makes you go hmmmm.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 11:16 PM 11-19-2011
I like the site, though I was hoping to find one where I could buy samplers like CI does
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:29 PM 11-19-2011
I like the site, though I was hoping to find one where I could buy samplers like CI does
try famous-smoke.com I order there and they are great. cigarmonster.com is also them. they have an 18yr old age requirement :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 01:25 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Cigarsatyourprice.com has a disclaimer that reads "*Persons need to be of legal age in their state to purchase cigars and cigar accessories from cigarsatyourprice.com
**Shipping outside of New York only."

I would think that includes you, eh?

I had this debate with someone before. Cigar shops often require you to be 21 but tobacco law is 18. So hypothetically if an 18 year old asks me to buy him a cigar because he can't........seems that's okay? I dunno what the law is but it doesn't make sense. No one has ever asked this, so it's purely hypothetical but it kinda makes you go hmmmm.

Parts of New York and at least 3 states require you to be 19 to purchase tobacco. The at least 21 though is not because of any state law on purchase it is because of shipping. USPS/UPS/Fedex all have a 21 or over requirement for anything requiring adult signature and IIRC this is extended into shipping policies into age restricted materials making 21 the defacto adult age.

As for not selling it in a shop directly with a person who has valid proof of age, that is a whole nother issue.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 01:55 PM 11-20-2011
ok if thats the case than why do some sell to people 18 or otherwise legal smoking age?
[Reply]
kingcobradude 04:07 PM 11-20-2011
also I need some tips on keeping the temperature constant with my cigars. I have no control over the thermostat here at the appt. It constantly varies from bakery oven to ice chest. I dont figure it makes a big difference short term, but thats a different story long term. any advice?
[Reply]
Bill86 04:18 PM 11-20-2011
also I need some tips on keeping the temperature constant with my cigars. I have no control over the thermostat here at the appt. It constantly varies from bakery oven to ice chest. I dont figure it makes a big difference short term, but thats a different story long term. any advice?
Ice chest probably won't matter, as I assume Ice chest is like 60-65? I couldn't imagine it being much lower. That's ideal for cigars really.

Bakery oven, not so much. Look into the thread on freezing your cigars.

Also you might want to look into Vinotemps and Edgestars for cigar storage if it gets THAT hot in your appt and you cannot control it.
[Reply]
kydsid 04:30 PM 11-20-2011
ok if thats the case than why do some sell to people 18 or otherwise legal smoking age?

No idea. Just passing on what little info I knew that might contribute to the trend. I'll likely figure it out when I figure out women.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 04:30 PM 11-20-2011
no ice chest as in like 40. and I want something that wont set me back a whole lot
[Reply]
bobarian 05:35 PM 11-20-2011
no ice chest as in like 40. and I want something that wont set me back a whole lot
Is there a question here? :-)
[Reply]
kingcobradude 05:42 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
yeah. how do I keep my cigars from being destroyed through thermal shock withoug breaking the bank?
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:13 PM 11-20-2011
you talking about freezing your cigars from a island so they have a less of a chance of having beetles?
[Reply]
kingcobradude 06:18 PM 11-20-2011
no i mean long term storage. the temp in my appt varies constantly and widely. I cnat get a constant 70 degrees
[Reply]
Bill86 06:18 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Not really but if you combine a few posts, basically he's looking to regulate temperature without buying a vino or edgestar or using the appt thermostat.

Apparently the swings in his appt are 40 - 90+ degrees at any given point in the year and he has no control over this :-)
[Reply]
kingcobradude 06:19 PM 11-20-2011
but wont 80 degrees plus destroy them?
[Reply]
Bill86 06:20 PM 11-20-2011
but wont 80 degrees plus destroy them?
Not the temperature, you run the risk of beetles hatching and destroying them though.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 138
« First < 3070787980 818290130 > Last »
Up