Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 67
« First < 678 9101858 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
cbsmokin 08:42 AM 01-12-2009
In an eerie coincidence my site supporter status expired over there today.

When can we do that here, you guys need not be so modest, let me help out a little.

BTW, nice touch with the flag.
ahc4353 08:44 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:

When can we do that here, you guys need not be so modest, let me help out a little.

I agree!

Is this a bash thread on CA? Never thought it would happen. :-)
taltos 08:48 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I agree!

I really don't think that it is a bash thread. Seems more like a then and now thread where folks can express some sadness for what became of a place that was an important part of some of our lives.
mmblz 08:51 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
I really don't think that it is a bash thread. Seems more like a then and now thread where folks can express some sadness for what became of a place that was an important part of some of our lives.
An important part of MANY of our lives. Whether we like the changes or not, it would be strange not to discuss them at all...
:-)
poker 08:52 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

No it is not and should not become one. CS as we knew it, is now gone forever. Hopefully folks will see this as more of a personal opinion thread. Personal opinions (if negative) will always be confused with bashing.
darb85 08:58 AM 01-12-2009
CS is a bummer now :-) Puff is odd and hard to navigate and ugly. But more power to em I suppose, I found my home here! :-) :-)
pnoon 09:00 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by mmblz:
An important part of MANY of our lives. Whether we like the changes or not, it would be strange not to discuss them at all...
Originally Posted by poker:
No it is not and should not. CS as we knew it is now gone. Hopefully folks will see this as more of a personal opinion thread. Personal opinions (if negative) will always be confused with bashing.

And given the new look and (commercial) focus of puff.com, it would be unreasonable to assume everyone will be pleased. fwiw - as much as we don't like it, give them the benefit of the doubt and time to work out bugs/issues on day one.
elderboy02 09:03 AM 01-12-2009
I wonder how many new members we will get starting today :-)
Starscream 09:10 AM 01-12-2009
I just posted in the new pufferfish forum. We are all new pufferfish now.:-)
mrreindeer 09:13 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
my login works, let's see for how long
:-):-) nice one Ferdinand!

:-):-) Too funny.
Don Fernando 09:13 AM 01-12-2009
I was banned on CS when my site supporter status expired and I got an email requesting to renew my status :-) :-)
mrreindeer 09:14 AM 01-12-2009
I was banned on CS when my site supporter status expired and I got an email requesting to renew my status :-) :-)
hhahahaha, that's not quite how I remember it! :-):-):-)
Don Fernando 09:16 AM 01-12-2009
well, it is :-) ofcourse I did not renew my status.
Scottw 09:16 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
I didn't think it was possible.. but wow. No longer a brotherhood, looks more like the internet version of Cigar Aficionado now.

:-):-) Unbelievable the nerve of this guy turning this site into this. So far it doesn't exhibit anything that made CS so special and so inviting to the BOTL's that called it home. Even the fact that the pages don't fit on my screen are annoying. It sucks, sorry to be a neg but it sucks sucks sucks.
md4958 09:19 AM 01-12-2009
is Puff still taking member donations???
stitch 09:19 AM 01-12-2009
In my (small) mind thanks to the Team here, We all just moved into a new more comfortable Home. ... Home is Good. :-)
Blueface 09:20 AM 01-12-2009
Hey, from my perspective, I wish them well.
I wish everyone well.
I feel if I do, I too will do well.
That said, I wish them well.:-)

Just tough on many of us to see what could have been classified as a "humble" home turn into a conglomerate.
I just read a post there from Jon where he is responding to the "site supporter" question by saying that will remain in place. I think I have better things to do with that money than to fuel an individual's business venture.
pnoon 09:25 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
:-):-) Unbelievable the nerve of this guy turning this site into this. So far it doesn't exhibit anything that made CS so special and so inviting to the BOTL's that called it home. Even the fact that the pages don't fit on my screen are annoying. It sucks, sorry to be a neg but it sucks sucks sucks.
I don't like it any more than you do. But to say "the nerve of that guy" is unfair. He bought the site and is free to do with it what he pleases. We don't like it. Sure. But he is under no obligation to anyone. What is smart and good for the membership is certainly debateable but he has done nothing morally or ethically wrong.

And, yes, the site is horrible with all the commercial clutter. Nothing at all like what CS used to be.
MajorCaptSilly 09:28 AM 01-12-2009
I think there is an audience for puff.com. I don't think that most people who participate here or other forums like ICC will get anything of value out of puff.com.

MCS
mrreindeer 09:31 AM 01-12-2009
well, it is :-) ofcourse I did not renew my status.
Sorry Ferdinand, I think I misunderstood your post...I thought you were saying 'I was banned when my site supporter status expired' as if you were banned as a result of your supporter status expiring....and I remememberd you specifically asked to be, as in, 'Thank you sir, May I have another....' :-):-):-)

It was priceless.
Page 8 of 67
« First < 678 9101858 > Last »
Up