Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
AdamJoshua 06:34 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
You are right, except I think he may have used a private server and everything has been destroyed.
I may have facts confused.
:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 05:09 AM 05-13-2015
New billboards up in the New York area ...

[Reply]
stearns 06:13 AM 05-13-2015
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:27 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by massphatness:
New billboards up in the New York area ...

How sad... Jets should worry about their own season first.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:46 PM 05-13-2015
[Reply]
Stephen 05:47 PM 05-13-2015
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:35 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Funny, I don't recall commenting one way or the other on this, "issue" but merely your overreaction to it.
I thought it sounded personal.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:38 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Okay...Where was your beef with all this during Bountygate?
As I had written a few places before, I don't really watch much football. I'm not very familiar with that. Was it the same BS procedure? What were your thoughts on that?
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:46 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I think just for Darren et. al, the investigators should be granted subpoena power so they can get Tom's phone records, get all his texts related to this over the last 24 months. Put Tom, the EQM, the other cat & a few others in front of a grand jury and see how it shakes out.

I'm sure that Tom, his agent, the Pats ect. all would prefer the truth come out and clear Tom & the franchises name. Sure we'd see some "proof" then...unless this is a witch hunt...
Wow! Could you repeat that in a German accent? You would really grant subpoena power to a private entity? People so in love with force scare the hell out of me.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:47 AM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Wow! Could you repeat that in a German accent? You would really grant subpoena power to a private entity? People so in love with force scare the hell out of me.
Sure! (In perfect German accent) - I think just for Darren et. al, the investigators should be granted subpoena power so they can get Tom's phone records, get all his texts related to this over the last 24 months. Put Tom, the EQM, the other cat & a few others in front of a grand jury and see how it shakes out.

I'm sure that Tom, his agent, the Pats ect. all would prefer the truth come out and clear Tom & the franchises name. Sure we'd see some "proof" then...unless this is a witch hunt...
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:38 AM 05-15-2015
I wouldn't say they need legal subpoena power, and as for being a private entity, this isn't a typical job, they sign contracts, they have a players union, they have rules they agree to abide by and there are suspensions, bans and fines for breaking those rules, this is the price you pay for the chance to be famous and make millions of dollars a year, this isn't exactly some shmuck that works at McDonalds and his supervisor wants to see his phone just for the hell of it.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:19 AM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
this isn't exactly some shmuck that works at McDonalds and his supervisor wants to see his phone just for the hell of it.
Hey!!! I resemble that remark and take offense to it. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:25 AM 05-15-2015
If the tone of this continues to be personal, this thread is going the way of the dinosaur.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:06 AM 05-15-2015
Hey!!! I resemble that remark and take offense to it. :-)
this is why God invented the "burner" phone, well for that and when your family is Taken!
[Reply]
shilala 01:47 PM 05-15-2015
It seems like every season a new drama plays out in the NFL.
I don't mean the human dramas like Ray Rice and Aaron Hernandez, but all these other things like Bountygate and deflated balls, etc., etc.

This goofiness puts talk back in the game that replaces all the talk that's missing because the game isn't nearly as awesome as it used to be.
I sometimes wonder if this stuff is scripted just so we have something to get passionate about since we no longer get to see guys like Lyle Alzado tearing someone's spine right out of their body.

Hating the Raiders was FUN.
Fussing about footballs and Brett Farve's weiner texts, not fun.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:07 PM 05-15-2015
Favre's wiener texts? Not fun?

Blasphemy.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:26 PM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
we no longer get to see guys like Lyle Alzado tearing someone's spine right out of their body.
That's how he greeted his very best friends. He did much worse to opposing players.:-)

On a serious and inquisitive note, why is it that in the past, Roger Goodell has been the victim of severe criticism that he is too close to the owners.
Now, that it doesn't suit an influential owner, he is biased and should recluse himself from the appeal process.
Things that make you go..........WTF???
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:09 PM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
It seems like every season a new drama plays out in the NFL.
I don't mean the human dramas like Ray Rice and Aaron Hernandez, but all these other things like Bountygate and deflated balls, etc., etc.

This goofiness puts talk back in the game that replaces all the talk that's missing because the game isn't nearly as awesome as it used to be.
I sometimes wonder if this stuff is scripted just so we have something to get passionate about since we no longer get to see guys like Lyle Alzado tearing someone's spine right out of their body.

Hating the Raiders was FUN.
Fussing about footballs and Brett Farve's weiner texts, not fun.

I hate the Raiders now and I'm a fan :-)

I do miss the old days of Lyle, Lester the Molester Hayes with Haynes on the other side, they would mug anyone the ball was thrown to on the sides, one of the best tandems in NFL history, as well as more stickum used by them than the entire Johnson and Johnson bandaid division :-) They were a hell of a team, they could rack up the penalties and still win, teams were legitimately afraid to play them, God I miss those days. Granted now if you look at a player sideways, specially a Brady, you get a penalty. Suh would have fit right in with those Raiders back in the day.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:48 PM 05-15-2015
^^^Funny, exactly, Suh was classic old school NFL. Wish he was a Bronco, I'd have no problem with a game suspension, here and there.
[Reply]
shilala 10:00 PM 05-15-2015
That's how he greeted his very best friends. He did much worse to opposing players.:-)

On a serious and inquisitive note, why is it that in the past, Roger Goodell has been the victim of severe criticism that he is too close to the owners.
Now, that it doesn't suit an influential owner, he is biased and should recluse himself from the appeal process.
Things that make you go..........WTF???
They make it up as they go along, Carlos.
Kinda like MLB. Whatever way the wind is blowing, that's how you set up camp.
I think my only gripe is like yours, there are no rules.
Everything is taken on it's own merit, and judged specifically.
It's odd that that bothers me, because I absolutely HATE mandatory sentencing. It makes no sense. Never has.
This "New NFL" is in it's infancy, and it's going through growing pains.
Sooner or later they'll hammer things out. Too much has changed way too fast.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up